It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation SOCC Brought 628 Sex Offenders into Compliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Operation SOCC Brought 628 Sex Offenders into Compliance

www.usmarshals.gov

Greenville, SC - The U.S. Marshals from South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia along with Greenville, Spartanburg, and Pickens County Sheriff’s Deputies, Greenville and Mauldin Police Officers, and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) completed a successful Sex Offender Community Compliance operation (SOCC) in the upstate during the week of December 5.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Some Va. sex offenders held long after sentence up
Footballer Craig Thomson put on sex offenders register
State paid sex offenders as baby sitters
Sex Offender Villages Coming to FL & CA

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I honestly do not know what to say on this topic.

I did however think it was something people might like to know.

When I say I do not know what to say it is more that I do not want to share my thoughts.

I might not be able to hold my tongue, thoughts, and language at bay.

Quote from : U.S. Marshal Service : Operation SOCC Brought 628 Sex Offenders into Compliance

During Operation SOCC each offender was required to sign the verification sheet at the prospective address of residence.

Of the 628 address verifications, 11 sex offenders were deemed non-compliant and arrest warrants were obtained for each non-compliant offender and 10 have been arrested while one remains at large.

Operation SOCC aided in the clearing of 24 state/local warrants for charges not associated with the compliance check.

I have noticed a disturbing trend lately.

www.usmarshals.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

When I say I do not know what to say it is more that I do not want to share my thoughts.

Isn't the whole point of being on ATS and especially when starting a new post such as this, that you SAY what you feel?

I'm curious to know why you post and hold your tongue...no need to swear of course, but spit it out man!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Isn't the whole point of being on ATS and especially when starting a new post such as this, that you SAY what you feel?

I'm curious to know why you post and hold your tongue...no need to swear of course, but spit it out man!

Not while my blood is boiling and rage is at the surface.

Besides I've dropped out of ATS for some time now.

I'm tired of seeing people on here who do nothing to stop the conspiracies.

Rhetoric without actions makes a hollow gesture and a fruitless enterprise.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think I know exactly why the OP couldn't say anything... Its unconstitutional. I believe if you have done your time and paid your debt to society then you should be free. If that is the case I agree. The rate of recidivism is less with sex crimes than any other crime a person can be incarserated for. Its the boogieman epidemic sweeping our country.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
I think I know exactly why the OP couldn't say anything... Its unconstitutional. I believe if you have done your time and paid your debt to society then you should be free. If that is the case I agree. The rate of recidivism is less with sex crimes than any other crime a person can be incarserated for. Its the boogieman epidemic sweeping our country.

Indeed. And According to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service:

Megan’s Law has had no effect on time to first rearrest for known sex offenders and has not reduced sexual reoffending. Neither has it had an impact on the type of sexual reoffense or first-time sexual offense. The study also found that the law had not reduced the number of victims of sexual offenses. Sentences received prior to the implementation of Megan’s Law were nearly twice as long as those received after the law’s passage, but time served has been approximately the same before and after the law’s enactment. Significantly fewer sexual offenders have been paroled after the implementation of Megan’s Law, largely due to changes in sentencing.

Also, before someone gets injured falling off that high-horse, it might be useful to remember that not all sex offenses involve children. Some (such as incest) are not even necessarily harmful. Here are the categories:

Sections 16-22-102(9) and 18-1.3-1008, C.R.S. define a sex offender as a person convicted of one of the following sex offenses:

Sexual assault in the first, second or third degree;
Unlawful sexual contact;
Sexual assault on a child;
Sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust;
Sexual assault on a client by a psychotherapist;
Enticement of a child;
Incest;
Aggravated Incest;
Trafficking in children;
Sexual exploitation of children;
Procurement of a child for sexual exploitation;
Indecent exposure;
Soliciting for child prostitution;
Pandering of a child;
Procurement of a child for prostitution;
Keeping a place of child prostitution;
Pimping of a child;
Inducement of child prostitution;
Patronizing a prostituted child;
Engaging in Sexual Conduct in a Penal Institution;
Wholesale Promotion of Obscenity to Minors and Promotion of Obscenity to Minors
Criminal attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the above offenses.

And NO: I am not a sex-offender, registered or otherwise. I'm just saying--everybody don't be in such a hurry to get your panties in a bunch....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

No, it is not about any infringement upon their civil rights, or Constitutional rights.

The nature of sexually criminal activities is much more than most crimes.

It is a violation of not only the body but of the mind of the victim.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

While I appreciate your candor there is so much more going in this country.

People are being rounded up for all kinds of offenses.

Not just in this particular category either.

As well being snatched at the border.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
While I condemn any kind of child abuse, I think Americans need to stop being such prudish witch-hunters when it comes to the Sex Offender thing. Pedophiles are a small threat compared to letting the global elite get out of check, to the point where they kill your children. I think it's a distraction. The powers that be make people fear an enemy so that they will look to them for protection.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
While I condemn any kind of child abuse, I think Americans need to stop being such prudish witch-hunters when it comes to the Sex Offender thing. Pedophiles are a small threat compared to letting the global elite get out of check, to the point where they kill your children. I think it's a distraction. The powers that be make people fear an enemy so that they will look to them for protection.

Are you #in' serious? Seriously?Your post is disgusting.Witch hunters?Prudish because thinking that a child molester is the lowest form of life?I'm not surprised with the way ATS has been going lately that you'd compare child abuse to 'the powers that be'.Give me a #ing break.

edit on 15-12-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

I have to wonder about your post.

Seriously.

I think you meant well.

But you're seriously misguided.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think I missed the point of this article. Why is everyone so angry on this one? Sorry, i read the article but i honestly think i missed the wording that set people off in here.

In regards to sex offenders, my wife is highly scared of them. We have 2 kids so i understand why I just promote a different approach such as identify and face your problems accordingly. She wants to hide them from people all together. Its just more of the "don't trust any one" mentality. Besides, there are many people that have such charges /issues that we do not know the full story or a still a victim of circumstance. I remember reading a story about 17 year old kid who totally got his education oppertunities ruined because at a party a girl performed and oral ....well....and it was illegal in the state. However, if they would have kept it missionary there would have been no problem. Now I know kids are into that sort of thing young these days (but lets not forget how old people got married just a few centuries ago), but lets stop rubber stamp judging people. Please!

Deny ignorance.

In all fairness i have read stories of repeat offenders continuing and escelating the deeds they were originally caught doing.

To support the poster about the bigger issues.....texas....juvinile abuse investigation....MUCH BIGGER ISSUE and affects more people.

www.cbsnews.com...

top topics

join