It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think the Iraq war is over? The president can reinvade Iraq again if he wants to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is fun... NOT.

US Hands Over ‘Camp Victory’ to Iraqi Govt

Despite the symbolism of the return of the base to Iraqi control, questions continue to swirl around the US occupation of Iraq and whether the end of the month is really the end or simply a pause before the next invasion.

This speculation is fueled primarily by the fact that the authorization to invade Iraq, which Congress based in 2002, is still on the books. Sen. Rand Paul (R – KY) attempted to put together a bipartisan coalition to revoke the authorization, a formal end to the conflict, and it failed miserable, with a 30-67 vote. Since the bill was not revoked, it seems that the president can simply choose to reinvade at any time.

Look at what Lieberman (I-srael) has said :

The opposition to the bill was led by Sen. Joe Lieberman (I – CT), who complained that the bill would have “forced” the president to return to Congress to seek permission in the event he wanted to reinvade and reoccupy Iraq at some future date.

What a SOB...

So if a war with Iran were to start, for example (that cannot possibly happen right?), and the Iraqi government were to be overthrown by Iran or Iran supporters, or if Iraq were to fall into civil war, Obama could order US troops back into Iraq without approval from congress.

I bet he would say something like ``the Iraqi and the American people have suffered too much for us to abandon them now`` or some type of feel good propaganda like that...

Reelect Obama or elect a republican puppet and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw this scenario play out in the next 5 years.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lol, US doesnt need to invade again thats the point. The USA is so deeply embedded in thr Iraq government through corporate deals. And blackwater are going in just to ensure thr corporations are safe. We are talking Haliburton etc...

new topics

join