It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{WTB} The Oath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
All of us in the military remember the oath we took when we first enlisted...
I...,do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the
United States against all enemies,foreign and domestic;that I will bear true
faith and allegiance to the same;and that I will obey the orders of the President
of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me,according
to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice,So help me God...

What we didn't sign up for is this,our unit has been called in to work along
side the local police department.Rumors have been flying around for a long
time and I hope that there isn't any truth to them.
The town has been under martial law for a few hours now.The local police have
the checkpoints all set up.My buddies and I are just finishing going door-to-door
checking all houses and buildings for any stragglers.I hate this job...
The police called in for our help when the locals were refusing to take the vaccinations.
The vaccinations are to help contain a dangerous virus that leaked into the environment
after a train derailment.That is the "official" story,but I don't buy it either.

The locals are being rounded up and vaccinated,most against their will.I just stand
next to the doctor with my weapon in my hand.I don't like what is happening but
a good soldier always obeys orders.One young man is starting to put up a fight
he is refusing the vaccines and keeps screaming about his rights being violated.
I notice that the people who refuse the vaccines are kept separated and under
guard.I'm not really sure what to make of this.Those who are vaccinated were given
electronic bracelets to wear on their right wrists,this is confusing as well.I wonder
why they are putting these tracking devices on the civies?

The locals who refused the vaccines are now being boarded into buses.The buses
just arrived a short time ago and I didn't pay much attention to them then.My officer
wants me to ride along in the bus to help maintain control.I boarded the bus and looked
around at all the people.Some were young adults with small children,some were
elderly,others were middle-aged.I didn't know where we were headed and my thoughts
were racing and questioning,what are they going to do to these people?

The buses all stop in a secluded area and the people are told to get out and stretch
their legs.Suddenly, I notice that a small transport vehicle has stopped here too.As
the soldiers file out of the vehicle I notice that they are russian troops.I keep thinking,
what is going on,this is not happening,it's gotta be a mistake.Then the sound of weapons
firing,I drop my weapon to my side in disbelief...

I am an American soldier and I have sworn an oath that I will honor as long as I live...
I will not obey an order to force American citizens into any form of a detention camp
under any pretext.
I will not obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on United States
soil against the American people to "keep the peace" or to "maintain control"...

These oaths keep going over and over again in my mind.I didn't even hear the voice of
my commanding officer ordering me to fire upon the civilians.My thoughts are clear now
and I know where my duties lie.I shout out to my commanding officer and say...

I will not obey orders to assist these foreign troops on American soil...
I am an American soldier and I will not fire my weapon on unarmed American citizens!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Good I love it. I like stories like this.
The longer the better if you ask me haha

Second line

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Aw, I was waiting for the part where you raise your weapon and start blowin away those Ruskies and even your own commanding officer.

The oath doesn't demand that you just refuse to kill innocent civilians, is commands that you DEFEND your country from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. Seems to me that you had a little of both standing right there in front of you in that story.

But, I'm sure you just didn't get to writing that part of the story yet.

I'll be waiting for part II where you go Rambo on the commie skumbags and shove a giant hunting knife through your CO's head.

edit on 12/14/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I just thought about it earlier today and wrote it this
afternoon.I am not a rambo type grandma either.I do
like it and thought I would share it.

new topics

top topics

join