It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House will not veto defense bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

The video you posted has either been removed or the link is typo'd. Could you give us your take on it? Many people who post here do not have direct access to YouTube.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

No, It's not a fake report. This is the latest news report on this as of 8pm this evening.

Whitehouse backs down from veto- Thehill

edit on 14-12-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know this is gonna hurt to some, make others cheer, and leave some puzzled.... but...

Alex Jones might just be right after all

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuban

Originally posted by sam_inc
Sorry you guys, I'm really am!

BreakingNews Breaking News White House issues statement saying it will not veto defense bill - @AP

twitter.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

It will not make any difference.

of course it will absolute power corrupts absolutely and this gives the military and government complete power at first it will be just terrorists but in a month people will be detained unjustly and then anyone who says anything anti government will be detained this bill is the final nail in the democracy coffin

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The real question:

Your constitution allows you to usurp your government. Are you all willing to shed the blood required to do this?

Politics have gone out the window. Revolutions are not peaceful. It's time to bear arms before they invade each and every home and take that gun away from that suspected american terrorist!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The irony is that if you interpret the literal language of this law - (which authorizes the imprisonment of the organizers and funders of Al-Qaida (AKA CIA) on USA soil) - the entIre Cabal, the organizers of the 9/11 false flag attacks on the USA, and the entire CIA/DOD/Alphabet agencies would end up in prison. This bill represents the Matrix collapsing on itself

Alfred L. Webre

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It should be noted that there are already enough laws on the books to deal with any situation that arises. In fact, they can already "loose" a person in the system, the folks at Guantanamo have been there for 10 years. The new laws are totally unnecessary.

There is something much more interesting at work. It has been stated by several folks that the key point is that the US has called the entire world a battlefield - hence the lock up stuff.

The entire world = a battlefield.

It is written right in front of you, wwIII has started, the war on humanity as a whole begins when the bill is signed.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I want to see the Obama-fans try to defend THIS nightmare!

My own state rep voted for this (rotten Tea Party liar) and got an ear full from me.

Sickening!

Can't do it friend. Not this time. He's lost my vote for re-election for sure. First, for being a damn pushover for far too long. I wanted him to speak up far more against the corporate evils of our time, and at best he calls them out on occasion very briefly (like when he mentioned GE paying no federal income taxes in 2010 despite making 14.2 billion in profits). Second for saying the feds would not go after medical marijuana industry and small-time weed issue where states do not, and then allowing just that to happen. Third, for the joke (due to the responses) that are the "We the People" White House issue petitions (the why don't we legalize marijuana and UFO disclosure ones were laughable and an insult to intelligence). Fourth, for this #.

Ron Paul, baby. Don't care at all for his outlook on social programs, but he's the only one who is willing to cut spending/the way we operate ourselves into eternal debt/potentially call out the Federal Reserve. A hardcore constitutionalist who is NOT a pushover/corrupt-able (as best we can judge) is who we need right about now more than anyone else.
edit on 12/15/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do you really need anymore proof of "The Bought and Paid" Congress?

But there has been a very dangerous Anti American sentiment coming from multiple groups in this nation to the point whereas it's beyond sickening and is now a very real threat to our nations recovery and sustainability.

One one side you got McConnell and the rest of the azzhats on Capital Hill who will stop at nothing to make Obama a "1 Term POTUS" couple that with the rise of The Tea Party, the expansion of corporate and foreign money into our political process domestically, the end of the Iraq Theatre, the disregard of the conglomerates and the banks. This is no coincidence. This is to identif who stands firm and side by side with the US and who stands against us as for us to come together to finally end all of our problems we must end all crud, end all bickering and come together as the current course we are on cannot be sustainable and will result in the end of it all.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you guys want to know how your rep voted, go here:

www.govtrack.us...

THANK GOODNESS my rep, Grace Napolitano denied this, she does seem like a nice ol' lady.

and if you guys have time, look at how the state of Texas voted on this bill....

Ron Paul the ONLY rep from Texas that voted NO.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
let them sign all the bills they want, when we've had enough, we will be coming for them with sharp weapons

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Can someone please quote the specific text that allows for indefinite detention of American citizens? I'm looking at the revised bill that passed and I all I see is language that excludes Americans citizens.

From H.R. 1450, section 1032:

(b) APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND
18 LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—
19 (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement
20 to detain a person in military custody under this sec-
21 tion does not extend to citizens of the United States.

22 (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The require-
23 ment to detain a person in military custody under
24 this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien
25 of the United States on the basis of conduct taking 422
† HR 1540 PP
1 place within the United States, except to the extent
2 permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

And this, also from H.R. 1450, found in section 1031:

(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be
20 construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
21 the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident
22 aliens of the United States or any other persons who are
23 captured or arrested in the United States.

Also there is this provision that, if I am reading correctly, will make sure that a system of checks and balances will be in place, making sure that the executive branch doesn't act unilaterally:

(f) REQUIREMENT FOR BRIEFINGS OF CONGRESS.—
25 The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress re-420
† HR 1540 PP
1 garding the application of the authority described in this
2 section, including the organizations, entities, and individ-
3 uals considered to be ‘‘covered persons’’ for purposes of sub-
4 section (b)(2).

This is what I found looking through the bill. Unless someone provides text from the bill that proves this is an evil bill, I think that the only people who should be scared of it are terrorists.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

It's primarily targeting The SCUM and the Anti American fringe elements in the nation.

But there has been a very dangerous Anti American sentiment coming from multiple groups in this nation to the point whereas it's beyond sickening and is now a very real threat to our nations recovery and sustainability and is a clear and present threat to the nation herself.

One one side you got McConnell and the rest of the azzhats on Capital Hill who will stop at nothing to make Obama a "1 Term POTUS" couple that with the rise of The Tea Party, the expansion of corporate and foreign money into our political process domestically, the end of the Iraq Theatre, the disregard of the conglomerates and the banks. This is no coincidence. This is to identif who stands firm and side by side with the US and who stands against us as for us to come together to finally end all of our problems we must end all crud, end all bickering and come together as the current course we are on cannot be sustainable and will result in the end of it all.

When ideaologies dictate policy the dictator is already here and he wears no party banner, is of no public face and is a man in the shadows pulling all of the strings!
edit on 15-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

It's primarily targeting The SCUM and the Anti American fringe elements in the nation.

If you mean terrorists then yes, that what the sections refer to. So why should we be worried?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
isn't this why we have a court system, this is unconstitutional

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by Indigo5

You are looking at the old version of the bill, before Obama asked for that part to be removed.

NOPE...please don't make stuff up

The final bill is right on Govtrack....last one listed..
thomas.loc.gov...:h1540:

19 (e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be
20 construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
21 the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident
22 aliens of the United States or any other persons who are
23 captured or arrested in the United States.

-------------------------
(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined-
(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.

and then it goes on to qualify that the above...

17 (b) APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND
18 LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—
19 (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement
20 to detain a person in military custody under this sec21
tion does not extend to citizens of the United States.

I understand the drive to find conspiracey etc, but this bill exempts US citizens

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

Wow ...you just posted almost the precise post I did.

Star for beating me to it

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Heh, just trying to see what's the fuss.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join