It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House will not veto defense bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sorry you guys, I'm really am!

BreakingNews Breaking News White House issues statement saying it will not veto defense bill - @AP

twitter.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Which defense bill is this referring to?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Which defense bill is this referring to?

S. 1867, now HR. 1540. You know, the one that will lock you up indefinitely.

White House Says No Veto Of Defense Bill

By DONNA CASSATA
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House says senior officials will not recommend that President Barack Obama veto the defense bill awaiting passage in Congress.

A White House statement says changes by congressional negotiators would not challenge or restrict the president's ability to collect intelligence or incapacitate terrorists.

The White House had threatened a veto over provisions requiring military custody of suspected terrorists linked to al-Qaida.
hosted.ap.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

i'll take a guess and say its the 1 that allows the government to throw innocent americans in jail for the rest of their lives for opposing the syste thats designed to enslave them .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
reply to post by Fitch303

i'll take a guess and say its the 1 that allows the government to throw innocent americans in jail for the rest of their lives for opposing the syste thats designed to enslave them .

Yup. That's the one.
I'd like to officially welcome you to "The United Fascist States Of Amerika".
Good night, and good luck...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh crap

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
Oh crap

Oh crap? Anyone with a brain saw that coming a mile away.

Breaking news, Obama is a stinking liar.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by hapablab
Oh crap

Oh crap? Anyone with a brain saw that coming a mile away.

Breaking news, Obama is a stinking liar.

if you are implying I have no brain.....what was the question?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is just getting weird. I am not typically one that sees the doom and gloom stacking up all around us but this, the drones, the economy here and abroad, the fema camps, Japan, the methane leaks, underground bunkers, etc. This is just getting worse and worse everyday. I turn to the people I work alongside and they have no idea of any of this.

Maybe its time for me to admit to craziness

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I seriously hope that this is just a prank tweet. If it is, that's not funny at all. If this is legit than I need to go to the gym.....

ETA: I just checked every news site and their saying the same thing. Well guys I hope you all are prepared for the unjustly events that are to come because I'm sure as hell not prepared. Godspeed everyone......
edit on 14-12-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
Sorry you guys, I'm really am!

BreakingNews Breaking News White House issues statement saying it will not veto defense bill - @AP

twitter.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

It will not make any difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Answer To Fascist Take-Over Is Here:

Wolverines!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Dammit. Alright, who wants some alcohol.We're going to need it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Step one to show that you are a US citizen, Stand tall, click heals step two shout ZIG OBAMA as your right arm is put out in front of you, SS type clothing is optional.
TSA DHS FBI and Leos will be by your door in 60 days to swear you in, you are now a legal citizen, you must have your papers no later then 2013 see real id act of the dhs on dhs home page. thank you, this has been a TSA/DHS psa announcement

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

You know what's even more ``doomish``?

FEMA camps activation is set for February 2012... S1867 is set to take effect (even if it's passed this week) about 60 days after it's passed.

That means the FEMA camps activate at the SAME TIME S1867 becomes real. Coincidence? There's never a coincidence in politics and certainly not in tyranny.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

The defense bill talks about military funding for Iraq. Just a little confused, aren't we almost already out of Iraq. Since the deadline is 2012? I wonder if they are using it as a cover for this new covert war with Iran and possibly Syria. I know we still have something like 17,000 contractors (mercenaries) that will stay in Iraq past the deadline.

Article
salon.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I want to see the Obama-fans try to defend THIS nightmare!

My own state rep voted for this (rotten Tea Party liar) and got an ear full from me.

Sickening!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Can anyone pinpoint where this bill defines a terrorist? I have gone through a fair amount of this bill, and I am trying to show some family members that it mentions a criteria for this, but I can't find it. You know, comments like having 7 days worth of foodstuffs, waterproof ammo, etc. qualifies you as a terrorist or someone they can detain indefinitely. Any help would be appreciated, and I'll continue my reading. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedP1LL

The defense bill talks about military funding for Iraq. Just a little confused, aren't we almost already out of Iraq. Since the deadline is 2012?

Because as Rand Paul said in the senate, yeah the Iraq war ``is done``... but guess what, they have left in the budget that US security ``commitment to Iraq is open ended``... and that re-invasion of Iraq is possible under this bill without a new declaration of war (like Obama gives a flying duck about that).

US Hands Over ‘Camp Victory’ to Iraqi Govt

Despite the symbolism of the return of the base to Iraqi control, questions continue to swirl around the US occupation of Iraq and whether the end of the month is really the end or simply a pause before the next invasion.

This speculation is fueled primarily by the fact that the authorization to invade Iraq, which Congress based in 2002, is still on the books. Sen. Rand Paul (R – KY) attempted to put together a bipartisan coalition to revoke the authorization, a formal end to the conflict, and it failed miserable, with a 30-67 vote. The opposition to the bill was led by Sen. Joe Lieberman (I – CT), who complained that the bill would have “forced” the president to return to Congress to seek permission in the event he wanted to reinvade and reoccupy Iraq at some future date. Since the bill was not revoked, it seems that the president can simply choose to reinvade at any time.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I really was an Obama fan. Even through all the birther debates and backed him pointing at how the right stonewalls anything good from happening. NO MORE. The last year of his presidency has been a smack in the face to everyone I know who backed him. I cant tell the difference in these guys anymore. It is all the same crap every term. The Obama presidency is why have lost all faith in American politics. The whole thing is one big joke at the expense of everyone who doesnt have millions of dollars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join