It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I read a short blurb on healing dreams and I was wondering if anyone experiences them. If so, what is the context of the dream and how do you know it is a healing dream? I suffer from severe asthma attacks and don't have much in the way of a trigger. It seems to be more of a body thing than a trigger if that makes sense. I can exercise (cardio) and be fine. I can be around animals. Seasonal allergies don't trigger them either. I can just be sitting there and BAM! I do feel off on the days that they happen. But it's difficult to tell sometimes if I'm just tired (3 kids and a demanding job) or if it's the asthma. I am however, going to start paying attention to my dreams.
I am just curious if it is something profound in the dream, or subtle clues you have to look for.

Here is the blurb I read...Healing Dreams

Healing dreams serve as messages for the dreamer in regards to their health. The Ancient Greeks called these dreams "prodromic". Many dream experts believe that dreams can help in avoiding potential health problems and healing when you are ill or when you are grieving. Research shows that asthma and migraine sufferers have certain types of dreams before an attack. Your bodies are able to communicate to your mind through dreams. The dreams can "tell" you that something is not quite right with your bodies even before any physical symptoms show up. Dreams of this nature may be telling the dreamer that he or she needs to go to the dentist or doctor. If you can understand the language of dreams, your dreams will serve as an invaluable early warning system. They can help inform, advise and heal.

www.dreammoods.com

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I recently read this in "The Law Of One" on dreaming. I'm don't know if you're familiar with this book, but it is channelled material in the form of questions & answers.
Heres a bit of when they referred to dreaming-

Questioner: You have stated that dreaming, if made available to the conscious mind, will aid greatly in polarization. Could you define dreaming or tell us what it is and how it aids polarization?
Ra: I am Ra. Dreaming is an activity of communication through the veil of the unconscious mind and the conscious mind. The nature of this activity is wholly dependent upon the situation regarding the energy center blockages, activations, and crystallizations of a given mind/body/spirit complex. In one who is blocked at two of the three lower energy centers dreaming will be of value in the polarization process in that there will be a repetition of those portions of recent catalyst as well as deeper held blockages, thereby giving the waking mind clues as to the nature of these blockages and hints as to possible changes in perception which may lead to the unblocking. This type of dreaming or communication through the veiled portions of the mind occurs also with those mind/body/spirit complexes which are functioning with far less blockage and enjoying the green-ray activation or higher activation at those times at which the mind/body/spirit complex experiences catalyst, momentarily reblocking or baffling or otherwise distorting the flow of energy influx. Therefore, in all cases it is useful to a mind/body/spirit complex to ponder the content and emotive resonance of dreams. For those whose green-ray energy centers have been activated as well as for those whose green-ray energy centers are offered an unusual unblockage due to extreme catalyst, such as what is termed the physical death of the self or one which is beloved occurring in what you may call your near future, dreaming takes on another activity. This is what may loosely be termed precognition or a knowing which is prior to that which shall occur in physical manifestation in your yellow-ray third-density space/time. This property of the mind depends upon its placement, to a great extent, in time/space so that the terms of present and future and past have no meaning. This will, if made proper use of by the mind/body/spirit complex, enable this entity to enter more fully into the all-compassionate love of each and every circumstance including those circumstances against which an entity may have a strong distortion towards what you may call unhappiness. As a mind/body/spirit complex consciously chooses the path of the adept and, with each energy balanced to a minimal degree, begins to open the indigo-ray energy center the so-called dreaming becomes the most efficient tool for polarization, for, if it is known by the adept that work may be done in consciousness while the so-called conscious mind rests, this adept may call upon those which guide it, those presences which surround it, and, most of all, the magical personality which is the Higher Self in space/time analog as it moves into the sleeping mode of consciousness. With these affirmations attended to, the activity of dreaming reaches that potential of learn/teaching which is most helpful to increasing the distortions of the adept towards its chosen polarity. There are other possibilities of the dreaming not so closely aligned with the increase in polarity which we do not cover at this particular space/time.
Questioner: How is the dream designed or programmed? Is it done by the Higher Self, or who is responsible for this?
Ra: I am Ra. In all cases the mind/body/spirit complex makes what use it can of the faculty of the dreaming. It, itself, is responsible for this activity.
Questioner: Then you are saying that the subconscious is responsible for what I will call the design or scriptwriter for the dream. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.
Questioner: Is the memory that the individual has upon waking from the dream usually reasonably accurate? Is the dream easily remembered?
Ra: I am Ra. You must realize that we are over-generalizing in order to answer your queries as there are several sorts of dreams. However, in general, it may be noted that it is only for a trained and disciplined observer to have reasonably good recall of the dreaming. This faculty may be learned by virtue of a discipline of the recording immediately upon awakening of each and every detail which can be recalled. This training sharpens one’s ability to recall the dream. The most common perception of a mind/body/spirit complex of dreams is muddied, muddled, and quickly lost.
Questioner: In remembering dreams, then, you are saying that the individual can find specific clues to current energy center blockages and may, thereby, reduce or eliminate those blockages. Is this correct?
Law of one

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry, ran out of room!
It does have more on dreaming.
Its a hard read if you're not familiar with their terminology, but it might be helpful in your search of healing.
Good Luck

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have never had a healing dream (that I know of) but I used to have very vivid lucid dreams maybe I can try to create one…but I have had Asthma attacks.

I only suffer from them rarely now but when I was younger I found some interesting home remedies that would work for Asthma and some more recent ones as well.

1. Is diet Onions and Garlic, you might have bad breath but you lungs and sinus will be open and clear! I once was stuck in a filthy room with lots of dirty pets, without an inhaler and I ate a whole onion (yuck!) but I could breath.

2. SALSA…never liked it then I started to eat it and since I rarely have an attack (unless I am around bad pet dander).

3. Visualization (going to your happy place does help!) calming thoughts can help prevent a full trigger.

4. Meditation is key to learning how to breathe and calm your nerves.

I think that Asthma is about 50-70% psychological meaning many of the times it can be prevented or controlled.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Thanks for the info

new topics

top topics

join