It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Aid delayed: Russian convoy blocked at Kosovo 'border'

page: 2
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GakunGak
 


Uhm, please re-read your article NATO had nothing to do with blocking the Russians. That was done by EULEX, which is solely European Union, not NATO.

To Serb minority there, it is basically the same thing, no difference.
Why?
Because Operation Allied Force and opening fire with real bullets on unarmed people guarding the barricades is the same thing, causalities happened in both cases!




posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432


I actually support the Kosovo's independence .



Orthodox Russia is knocking on the doors of Catholic Europe - yet again .

NATO is there to ensure that the Vatican's interests are not damaged in the area .

This has nothing to do with orthodoxy. It has to do with preserving what little has left of Serbian people and culture.
They have history there:
Kosovo Wiki
Vatican never had any interests there, it was mainly Christian Orthodox until Albanians started to massively overpopulate and their numbers grew huge, while in contrast Serb family had one or two children.
Hence, Serbs now are minority in their own land...



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter
 


The oil reserves you are talking about are located in Northern Albania and Serbia.

Don't forget that Kosovo and Metohija are rich in natural resources and minerals....

Link


Natural Resources
Kosovo is rich in natural resources. In Kosovo there is substantially high reserves of lead, zinc, silver, nickel, cobalt, copper, iron and bauxite.[22] There is also believed to be around 14,000 billion tonnes of lignite. Canadian company Avrupa Minerals Ltd has achieved the rights to a three year mining programme, which is expected to start in summer 2011.[23] In 2005 the Directorate for Mines and Minerals and the World Bank estimated that Kosovo had €13.5 Billion worth of minerals.[24]



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Originally posted by GakunGak

Originally posted by lifttheveil
Those wardrums are keeping on beating


I wish someone would take the drumsticks off these idiots in power and stick them where the sun don't shine


Well, this is the closest Russia got to NATO face to face, one wrong move and a can of worms will be unleashed....
BOTH sides HAVE to be very cautious and choose words carefully....


Incorrect......

Incident at Pristina Airport



The Incident at Pristina was a confrontation between the NATO forces and Russian forces over the Pristina International Airport in the aftermath of the Kosovo War. Russian troops occupied the airport ahead of a NATO deployment, resulting in a tense stand-off, which was resolved peacefully.


Should the same situation develop these days I beleive the outcome would be much different.

Russia is staring Nato down the gun barrel not only in Kosovo but also in georgia, and poland with the missile shield.

Northern Kosovo is becoming the Palestine of Europe unfortunately.....USA and Nato have no right to be there, have no right to recognize Kosovo as an independant country.

They cannot get their own yard in order yet they sow weeds in everybody elses yards.



Well, they were close, but this is closer in proximity. A Russian diplomat is on the front with civillian truckers, not the military on the one side vs automatic weapons and barbed wire on the other side.
Situation is even more complex because a humanitarian aid is being delayed without explanation, because NATO/KFOR/EULEX are operating beyond their mandate , which Konuzin said it himself.
Right now status is almost close to humanitarian crisis and looming towards catastrophe.
They are there since this Tuesday [13.12.2011] and it is STILL not resolved.
Truckers are sleeping in truck cabins and they say they must not leave the trucks and when it gets cold, have to turn on trucks to keep warm.
I will update as soon as I find some news...



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Kosovo: Convoy stranded despite EU, Russia deal
Source: Associated Press
Publication date: 2011-12-15

JARINJE, Kosovo--A Russian convoy carrying aid for Serbs in Kosovo's tense north remains stranded at the border despite a deal top level deal between the European Union and Russia.

In Brussels, spokeswoman Maja Kocijancic said Thursday agreement has been reached "how to ensure the transit of the convoy to its final destination in Kosovo."

The convoy is carrying aid to a Serb-run area of Kosovo where Serb protesters have clashed with NATO and EU forces and put up barricades to resist majority ethnic Albanian rule. Serbs bar EU police from moving in the area.

Russian officials refuse Kosovo customs control because Russia backs Serbia rejecting Kosovo's 2008 secession. The U.S. and most EU countries recognize Kosovo as a state.

The Associated Press News Service
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
All Rights Reserved

edit on 15-12-2011 by zeziyav because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Russian aid convoy discussed at EU-Russia summit




"I do not want to make any prediction as to when the issue might be resolved. The situation is surreal. We have a humanitarian aid convoy here, and the EU first allowed the passage, and then block it out of political reasons," he said.
Konuzin said that as regards the Russian humanitarian aid convoy, an artificial political problem has been created, and ultimatums are being delivered.


And more important:





"Everything would have been alright had there not been for the interference of a third party, which is getting in the way of both Russians and Serbs, instead of doing its job and making sure that the agreement between the Russian and the Serb side is implemented," he said, and added:

"It turns out that the EU rule of law mission (EULEX) is itself breaking European laws. We have been here for a day and a half, and from my encounters with Serbs, I see they consider this mission to be pro-Priština, having abandoned its neutral status. That's the position of Serbs who live in Kosovo and Metohija, and I completely agree with this position."



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak

Originally posted by 23432


I actually support the Kosovo's independence .



Orthodox Russia is knocking on the doors of Catholic Europe - yet again .

NATO is there to ensure that the Vatican's interests are not damaged in the area .

This has nothing to do with orthodoxy. It has to do with preserving what little has left of Serbian people and culture.
They have history there:
Kosovo Wiki
Vatican never had any interests there, it was mainly Christian Orthodox until Albanians started to massively overpopulate and their numbers grew huge, while in contrast Serb family had one or two children.
Hence, Serbs now are minority in their own land...


Vatican's interest is to see that the Orhodox Christianity doesn't have enough competition within their domain .

Admittedly Balkan's were not Vatican's domain for a loooong time .

Russian's are going to help you preserve your culture and people yet EU is not ?

Really ?

What do you think will happen to Serbian people and culture within the larger framework of Europeans ?

Serbs population decline is the result of not having enough kids according to you .

So shall we blame the Albanians for having more kids ?

Why don't the Serbians have more kids too ?

Incidentally , it turns out that those populations which were killed off in large numbers due to disease and war , do go onto achieving higher birth rates .

Some kinda of built-in self preservation I guess .

Both Russian & Serbian population are on the decline while Albanians are on the rise .
l
Doesn't take a genious to figure out what is going to happen here .

Energy doesn't like vacuum and Balkan's is full of energetic people , including the Albanians & Serbs .

I suggest that the Balkan troubles are actually more complex then Serbian people being persecuted by evil forces .

The balance of peace within Balkans have always depended on locals behaviour towards one another .

That is where the solution for this problem can be found imho .

Bringing Russians into the picture is not going to be pretty in the long run .



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
Vatican's interest is to see that the Orhodox Christianity doesn't have enough competition within their domain .

Admittedly Balkan's were not Vatican's domain for a loooong time .

Russian's are going to help you preserve your culture and people yet EU is not ?

Really ?

What do you think will happen to Serbian people and culture within the larger framework of Europeans ?

Serbs population decline is the result of not having enough kids according to you .

So shall we blame the Albanians for having more kids ?

Why don't the Serbians have more kids too ?

Incidentally , it turns out that those populations which were killed off in large numbers due to disease and war , do go onto achieving higher birth rates .

Some kinda of built-in self preservation I guess .

Both Russian & Serbian population are on the decline while Albanians are on the rise .
l
Doesn't take a genious to figure out what is going to happen here .

Energy doesn't like vacuum and Balkan's is full of energetic people , including the Albanians & Serbs .

I suggest that the Balkan troubles are actually more complex then Serbian people being persecuted by evil forces .

The balance of peace within Balkans have always depended on locals behaviour towards one another .

That is where the solution for this problem can be found imho .

Bringing Russians into the picture is not going to be pretty in the long run .


Well, Croatia is part of Balkans and it's Vatican's domain.

Actually yes, because Russian and Serbian are similar in language and lettering, laso religion. You'd be surprised at how similar Russian people are to Serbian...

What will happen to Serbian people and culture within EU framework is that they will lose their language and culture and start borrowing from EU, starting from small words like cool, for example, or changing what they read in school or other stuff in name of "modernisation". Soon enough, there will be only one nation, European, official language called European and official religion called EU.
Yeah, that is "mostly" the cause of population decline, better known in Serbia as "white plague". The other one is people leaving the country and going to another to live...
No, I don't "blame" Albanians, but come on:
Serb family: 2 kids
Albanian family: 8+ kids
See?
As for war, there were casualities but also people running away from war into Serbia/Montenegro...

As for behaving towards one another, that cannot be expected to work well at all due to war history. Some wounds are just too deep to forget.
Some people cannot forget this:
Click Here [WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURES]

Actually, bringing Russians into the picture is the only way Serb population can feel safe from Albanian aggression/provocation, though Russians there are civillians and one Ambassador, not the military...

Serbia won't give up Kosovo, at least the people won't, politicians WILL, Albania won't give up Kosovo both people and politicians...

Ideal solution would be to divide Kosovo, north side to belong to Serbia and south side to belong to Albania, but that will not be accepted well...



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
From the guys on the scene
SNP1389



Први конвој и даље чека на Јарињу(пунк НАТО) и Рудници(пункт МУПа)
возачи камиона долазе до барикаде СНП 1389 у међу зони,да се окрепе, одморе и како би смо се братски дружили,док не крене коначно конвој ка Српскоме Косову и Метохији, до тада будите уз нас...увек први са лица места!




First convoy still waits on Jarinje [checkpoint NATO] and Rudnici [checkpoint of Ministry of Internal Affairs]
truck drivers come to barricades SNP 1389 in the bufferzone to freshen up, rest and to hang out in a brotherly manner, until the convoy finally leaves to Serbia's Kosovo and Metohija, until then stay with us.... always first from the scene!



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak


Well, Croatia is part of Balkans and it's Vatican's domain.

Actually yes, because Russian and Serbian are similar in language and lettering, laso religion. You'd be surprised at how similar Russian people are to Serbian...

What will happen to Serbian people and culture within EU framework is that they will lose their language and culture and start borrowing from EU, starting from small words like cool, for example, or changing what they read in school or other stuff in name of "modernisation". Soon enough, there will be only one nation, European, official language called European and official religion called EU.
Yeah, that is "mostly" the cause of population decline, better known in Serbia as "white plague". The other one is people leaving the country and going to another to live...
No, I don't "blame" Albanians, but come on:
Serb family: 2 kids
Albanian family: 8+ kids
See?
As for war, there were casualities but also people running away from war into Serbia/Montenegro...

As for behaving towards one another, that cannot be expected to work well at all due to war history. Some wounds are just too deep to forget.
Some people cannot forget this:
Click Here [WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURES]

Actually, bringing Russians into the picture is the only way Serb population can feel safe from Albanian aggression/provocation, though Russians there are civillians and one Ambassador, not the military...

Serbia won't give up Kosovo, at least the people won't, politicians WILL, Albania won't give up Kosovo both people and politicians...

Ideal solution would be to divide Kosovo, north side to belong to Serbia and south side to belong to Albania, but that will not be accepted well...


I know the Balkan history a little bit and I have been to Yugo-Slavia in the past .

My point was that any lasting peace in the Balkans will require the peoples of Balkans to get on with one another , despite all their differences .

However hard the animosity between the nations of the region , it is still possible to have an agreement .

It is better to have peace , always .



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

I know the Balkan history a little bit and I have been to Yugo-Slavia in the past .

My point was that any lasting peace in the Balkans will require the peoples of Balkans to get on with one another , despite all their differences .

However hard the animosity between the nations of the region , it is still possible to have an agreement .

It is better to have peace , always .



I also know something because I live there since birth

There are actually some progress between Serbia and Croatia to revoke mutual accusations of war crimes in International Tribunal... We will see how that turns out...



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GakunGak
 


Then maybe the serb minority should learn the difference instead of generalizing.



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GakunGak
 


Then maybe the serb minority should learn the difference instead of generalizing.


If the big giant like USA generalizes everyone they don't like as rogue or terrorist, why shouldn't Serb minority?


EDIT: sorry, is this the list:
1: Terrorist
2: Terrorist sympathizer
3: Home grown terrorist
4: Rogue leader
5: Rogue state

edit on 15-12-2011 by GakunGak because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak

Originally posted by 23432

I know the Balkan history a little bit and I have been to Yugo-Slavia in the past .

My point was that any lasting peace in the Balkans will require the peoples of Balkans to get on with one another , despite all their differences .

However hard the animosity between the nations of the region , it is still possible to have an agreement .

It is better to have peace , always .



I also know something because I live there since birth

There are actually some progress between Serbia and Croatia to revoke mutual accusations of war crimes in International Tribunal... We will see how that turns out...



It would be good to see Serbo - Croat peace made - as long as it is not based upon the destruction of Bosnians .



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23432

Originally posted by GakunGak

Originally posted by 23432

I know the Balkan history a little bit and I have been to Yugo-Slavia in the past .

My point was that any lasting peace in the Balkans will require the peoples of Balkans to get on with one another , despite all their differences .

However hard the animosity between the nations of the region , it is still possible to have an agreement .

It is better to have peace , always .



I also know something because I live there since birth

There are actually some progress between Serbia and Croatia to revoke mutual accusations of war crimes in International Tribunal... We will see how that turns out...



It would be good to see Serbo - Croat peace made - as long as it is not based upon the destruction of Bosnians .

For that to happen, there would have to be either two options:
Option 1: Abolish all nationalistic parties and form one unitary government and erase all borders
Options 2: Josib Broz Tito 2
I agree, also as long as it is not based upon the destruction of Serbs and Croats too....



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GakunGak
 


I didnt ask for or even bring up any questions about a list. I think your reply was a mistake.



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GakunGak
 


I didnt ask for or even bring up any questions about a list. I think your reply was a mistake.

What I was trying to say is that, they know who is who, but they feel they are all the same.
And really there is no difference, NATO, KFOR or EULEX, they all have uniforms, guns, fighting vehicles and they all open fire with live ammo on unarmed civilians...



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GakunGak
And really there is no difference, NATO, KFOR or EULEX, they all have uniforms, guns, fighting vehicles and they all open fire with live ammo on unarmed civilians...


Well then I guess those groups, NATO / KFOR / EULEX, felt it necessary to make sure the people in those areas were exposed to the exact same enviornment prior to those groups even going into the blakans.

As far as opening fire on civilians, that happens when cowards use those civilians as a shield in order to attack anything and anyone wo does not agree with teir view point.

By all means though, feel free to continue to blame anyone and everyone for the stupidity of the people in that area of the world. In this particular case im all for supporting darwanism...

NATO / KFOR / EULEX can withdraw and seal off the country. You guys can go back to killing each other without outside interference. When your done, to bother asking for assistance in rebuilding.



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Well then I guess those groups, NATO / KFOR / EULEX, felt it necessary to make sure the people in those areas were exposed to the exact same enviornment prior to those groups even going into the blakans.
As far as opening fire on civilians, that happens when cowards use those civilians as a shield in order to attack anything and anyone wo does not agree with teir view point.
By all means though, feel free to continue to blame anyone and everyone for the stupidity of the people in that area of the world. In this particular case im all for supporting darwanism...
NATO / KFOR / EULEX can withdraw and seal off the country. You guys can go back to killing each other without outside interference. When your done, to bother asking for assistance in rebuilding.



First off, SHAME on you. I could pity you for all you said if you just did not know the situation what is going on, but now I see it's pure ignorance and hate. But then again, freedom of speech, it is your right.
As seen in the vids, people were unarmed and they did not attack anyone, they just rebuilded barricades back after there were attempts to be demolished.
As for "stupidity" of the people in that area of the world, you might want to rethink that.
For example, Nikola Tesla is from Serbia
Albert Einstein's wife who did most of work was from Serbia

Serbia existed way before USA was even a letter on a paper. Back then Yugoslavia was the second ranking army in Europe. And many other things....

In this particular case, you are ridiculing people's RIGHT to LIVE freely in their won land....

Animals have way more sympathy than you. I'd like to ask you for your opinion again when Mexican majority start demanding independent state from USA.... while they kill you, pierce wire through your skin, rape and kill your mother and daughter in front of your eyes and sodomy your son, throw live grenade on your home while you sleep.... Because that's what have been happening to those poor people.
No wonder the rest of the world hates your country.......

As for the rebuilding part, that's what you do, you bomb other country to the stone age and then make money of rebuilding contracts....
edit on 15-12-2011 by GakunGak because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GakunGak
 


This coming from the person who makes no distinction between NATP / KFOR / EULEX. So dont even think about lectureing me on hate or ignorance.

Secondly, as much as I love youtube videos, please provide verifiation links back to the news articles they came from. Otherwise, I will view them for what they are, videos someone posted that could be almost any place on the planet.

You dont care for my opinion thats fine, but your attempt to claim the moal higround is fail.




top topics



 
11
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join