It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if aliens are silly?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanoidX
reply to post by mandroids

perhaps smart enough to know of the benefits of laughter?

I take your point, but there is a quality gulf between humour and silly!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

I take your point, but there is a quality gulf between humour and silly!

agreed...
Interesting and thought provoking thread!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It is the best medicine......Well almost the best...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Reading the thread title, this was the first thing that crossed my mind:

memes in ..ts-om-e congregated dencities..;they' also may look like blue sky? star nights? vision-light... the angels... their walks angels their talk reason-able

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
O.k since we're talking sht. .

If they came to take over our planet, id like them to be of half Puerto Rican half Italian appearance, all females and extreme nymphomaniacs that eradicate all females and enslave the males but even their slaves have a better way of life than us. So we're all enslaved, but we're enslaved to a Alien beings of Puerto Rican/Italian appearance that just want to use us for our love making skills. .

You never know, they might be flying around our sky's and picking the males they want as we speak, ready to enslave us and have their 'wicked' ways with us.

Im ready

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Picture it…A giant UFO lands on the front lawn of the White House [or anywhere appropriate to your geography] and when the aliens finally emerge…they are silly.

And they play silly music to us? They could easily take over our TV and radio channels and drive us insane.

Humans, as it happens, like to hear harmonies that are simple frequency ratios, like the octave which is a doubling in frequency ( 2:1 ), or other simple ratios like 2:3 or 3:4.
But play two keys very close together on your piano and you get something awful sounding - a more complex ratio like 31:44 or whatever. Humans hate that. It sounds bad.

But what if Aliens like it?
And they inflict it on us?
argghh!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Picture it…A giant UFO lands on the front lawn of the White House [or anywhere appropriate to your geography] and when the aliens finally emerge…they are silly.

And they play silly music to us? They could easily take over our TV and radio channels and drive us insane.

Humans, as it happens, like to hear harmonies that are simple frequency ratios, like the octave which is a doubling in frequency ( 2:1 ), or other simple ratios like 2:3 or 3:4.
But play two keys very close together on your piano and you get something awful sounding - a more complex ratio like 31:44 or whatever. Humans hate that. It sounds bad.

If only someone in Close Encounters said 'you have Interstellar ships and all you can do is play that silly tonal thing?'
But what if Aliens like it?
And they inflict it on us?
argghh!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We went from Racist alien threads to Silly alien threads.....really? ..oh i can guess whats next the all new alien reality TV show " Survival Greys" or "America's got Greys" or " "So you think your grey can dance" ...gotta add "Greys Kitchen"!!

edit on 14-12-2011 by TheMur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They do lame o practical jokes.

They use silly voices for so called comedic effect.

They idolise Carrot Top and Simon Cowell.

Yes, they show us the way to the stars, but they are also a bit of a let down. I think it a valid point to make that aliens may not conform to behaviour that we expect of them.

I would be disappointed and irked.
da M-em-mooooor-i-eSsssssssss
stored
where> in the light? or is it just a plasma flight

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

And the first recipe of on Greys Kitchen is.... a recipe from "To Serve Man".

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I propose when we send Earth's ambassador to meet with these advanced comedians, he give their leader a swift pie in the face for maximum diplomatic effect.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
IBEX reveals dynamic Solar System edge DM AllSky Dissolves H264

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
"So a Grey, Reptilian, and a Adromanen walk into a bar *place punchline here*"

-SAP-
edit on 14-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
WTF Is A Far Off Memory?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Confessions - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=1565480848...Saint Augustine (Bishop of Hippo.), Maria Boulding - 1997 - Biography & Autobiography - 416 pages
It is absurd to think the operations of memory and stomach are really alike, ... them to memory, or else the memory has retained them of its own accord, ...

The Limbic System

www.sciencebuddies.org...
atropos.as.arizona.edu...

webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/limbicsystem.html
www.interversity.org...
LINK
The hypothalamus also has some receptors of its own, that provide information ... at the moment (in short-term memory) into things that you will remember for the long run ... This is a complex of nerves that regulate the activity of the stomach. ...

link

Etymology from Memory, #1 (Postscript) - Justin Erik Halldór Smith

www.jehsmith.com/1/.../etymology-from-memory-1-postscript.html

29 Sep 2009 – Neuron-based memory is often more sluggish than its prosthesis, Google, so it was only ... Paracelsus believed that the stomach has its own, ...

Recent scientific studies revealed interesting facts on heart transplantation. Scientists say it is not only mind but heart too records memories and people whose hearts have been transplanted seem to forget old memories.

A Memory of Light - A Wheel of Time Wiki

wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_Memory_of_Light

A Memory of Light is the name given to the fourteenth and final novel of The Wheel of Time. It was due for publication in late 2011, however publication has been ...

Card Selections | Reflections The Memory Lamp Store

www.reflectionsofmarlborough.com/cardselection/

This gift of light has been specially chosen in loving memory of_______. Each time you use this lamp, may his/her love, spirit and light continue to shine. ...

F1 Light has codes in memory - Honda VTX forums for Honda VTX 1300 ...

www.vtxcafe.com › ... › Honda VTX 1800 Forums

9 posts - 4 authors - Last post: 8 May
F1 Light has codes in memory Honda VTX 1800 Forums.

You are not here anymore

What Android weather application has a light memory footprint ...

www.quora.com/What-Android-weather-application-has-a-light-me...

Weather bug, the weather Channel, mycast. The which uses least resources running interest background?

Orbit launches AMOL video, plus free give-aways | Dragonmount | A ...

www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/amol/turn-the-wheel-orbit

11 Oct 2011 – No release date for A Memory of Light has been announced or confirmed. The video above says it will be out in November, 2012, but that is just ...

App Store - Logo Memory

itunes.apple.com/us/.../logo-memory/id440339733?m...

Block all itunes.apple.com results

itunes.apple.com...

Free

1 Jun 2011 – Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Logo Memory on the App Store. Download Logo Memory and ...

edit on 14-12-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by nii900 because: time-loop

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

or cloudy...?

Are you in the cloud?

Get Off of my Cloud! - David Icke's Official Forum

forum.davidicke.com...
forum.davidicke.com › Main Forums › The

Matrix

/ Nature of Reality

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I really hope this is real and they are giant crustaceans and extremely dumb as well as silly. That way I won't feel so bad about luring them into my converted 55 gal drum that serves as a lobster boil.

serves, mmmmm, that reminds me, I need to make a run for a bucket of butter.

Claw, anyone?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
signature: c--lue
reply to....!! ...in searching ?

?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What if Aliens are silly......

oh my!

Actually, The first thought I have, Is a scene in the movie "When Mars Attacks clip!" With Jack Nicholson.

The part near the end where the US sends a nuke missile to blow up the 'mother-ship' and before it reaches, the Martians send out a suck-u-bus thingy and captures the entire nuclear explosion....then flys back in, and the leader smokes it and makes fun!

Good stuff

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
What if Aliens are silly......

oh my!

Actually, The first thought I have, Is a scene in the movie "When Mars Attacks clip!" With Jack Nicholson.

The part near the end where the US sends a nuke missile to blow up the 'mother-ship' and before it reaches, the Martians send out a suck-u-bus thingy and captures the entire nuclear explosion....then flys back in, and the leader smokes it and makes fun!

Good stuff

Hells yeah Mars Attacks! Been awhile since I seen it. Those aliens were effing annoying though "NAK NAK NAK!"

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join