It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Anti-Africa rally in Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
why does it surpirse people that there are segregationists/ racists in every group?
prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It sounds like you didn't watch the video. Watch the video and then tell me with a straight face that it wasn't specifically against Africans?

It was against illegal immigrants who come to Israel from Africa. I did not see protests against Tanzanians. Zamibians. Lybians. Algerians. Nigerians. Botswanians. Boy, there are lots of nations in Africa and i will not count them all hear. Almost all (there are few Eritreans too) illegal immigrants come to Israel from Sudan.
Nobody spoke about skin color, not even in the heat of argument. All the mutual curses were between Jews. If you did not notice there were lots of Israelis in "shocking pro-African rally" side. That is not shocking in the right direction, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I'm not an expert on the region, but I've had various people tell me that a lot of Africans come in on work visas, probably because they work for real cheap. From what I've heard most of these workers are not Jews.

There are Ethiopian Jews who were brought there because they practice Judaism, but they're treated equally as bad as the immigrants in the video.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Good way to spin things out of context. Is there a discrimination in Israel - yes. Was this rally against black people? No.
Rally was against illegal immigrants ,and those come to Israel from Africa.

Actually, good way to spin things out of context, can't believe you got "stars" for that.

I am sorry I used the term "black" - maybe I should use the term "African-Israeli" if I want to be PC.

It seemed to me it was a rally against Africans being there in general. Quote "Why should my daughter have to go to a school that has 20 Africans?"

Call them what you want, they are all immigrants in Israel, but this rally was against a certain group of immigrants. This is what we call: Racism.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

It sounds like you didn't watch the video. Watch the video and then tell me with a straight face that it wasn't specifically against Africans?

It was against illegal immigrants who come to Israel from Africa. I did not see protests against Tanzanians. Zamibians. Lybians. Algerians. Nigerians. Botswanians. Boy, there are lots of nations in Africa and i will not count them all hear. Almost all (there are few Eritreans too) illegal immigrants come to Israel from Sudan.
Nobody spoke about skin color, not even in the heat of argument. All the mutual curses were between Jews. If you did not notice there were lots of Israelis in "shocking pro-African rally" side. That is not shocking in the right direction, though.

If you read my full first post....

I went on to say after doing further research I did find that many Israelis don't support that racist mentality.

Also, in the video below that, it about discrimination against Ethiopians and Russians.

There is plenty of bigotry for all, and the shocking part is it is popular.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It was against illegal immigrants who come to Israel from Africa.

They were let in legally, they should be protesting against the people who let them in. I guess the part where they scream "Go back to Africa" wasn't racist in your opinion

Those people chanting in that demonstration were racist bigots, there's no other way to describe it. Yes, there are racists everywhere but I have never seen anything like that where I live, and I guarantee you there are more Africans and other immigrants here.

I'm not saying these people don't have the right to be disturbed by the high immigration rate, but their way of dealing with it is a product of their mentality. A lot of them are racists, which is why they act that way. I bet the next generation (their kids) will be even more racist because it's what they're taught from an early age now.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm not an expert on the region, but I've had various people tell me that a lot of Africans come in on work visas, probably because they work for real cheap. From what I've heard most of these workers are not Jews.

No. This is not accurate. Vast majority of people from Africa walk through huge(well, relatively to country itself) almost unguarded border with Egypt. Without any permit or visas. There are foreign workers that have legal visas and few do stay even if it ends. Their numbers are small. However numbers of illegal immigrants who enter country without any permit are large and rate is growing fast. Their are not Jews, true. Nor are legal foreign workers, but again - this is not the same,not in numbers of people.

There are Ethiopian Jews who were brought there because they practice Judaism, but they're treated equally as bad as the immigrants in the video.

No. This is not correct. At all. There is descrimination ,there are few religious schools that are not allowing Ethiopian Jews but in vast majority of schools it is not so. Ethiopian Jews get the same (actually bigger to help in closing the gaps) financial aid as other immigrants. Their are Israeli citizens. Illegal immigrants are not.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

They were let in legally, they should be protesting against the people who let them in. I guess the part where they scream "Go back to Africa" wasn't racist in your opinion

Africa is a continent. How is it racist? If i would come to Israel from Europe and a bunch of people will tell me go back to Europe - this is racist?
As for protesting against government - yes i agree.Israeli government should be the target of those protests, not Sudanese or Martians. But they were not let in legally, again - they just went through border.
edit on 14-12-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

There is descrimination ,there are few religious schools that are not allowing Ethiopian Jews but in vast majority of schools it is not so

No, that is not correct. At all.

Ethiopian Jews are segregated in school:

NGO report demands end to segregation of Ethiopian students

“Every time it is reported in the media, there is a discussion about that particular place where it is happening but we want to point out that segregation of Ethiopian students does not only happen in Petah Tikva or Beit Shemesh,” commented Efrat Yerday, spokeswoman of the IAEJ. She was referring to reports last week that 62 out of 68 Ethiopian children in Beit Shemesh are concentrated in only three kindergartens.

There are many other articles discussing recent discrimination of Ethiopian Jews. It's a well known fact that it is widespread. Here is an example.

I'm not presenting this next newscast as fact but I believe there is some truth to it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yep. Everywhere in the World, there are people who feel this way. And everywhere in the World, they are considered normal.

Are Jews racist? There are some great quotes in the Old Testament about black Africans, so I'm going to go with a "sure are." Even the blacks who can genetically prove their Jewishness aren't accepted. People who aren't Jewish, aren't real people.

Isreal has quite a few ethinicities, and like many places is having problems with enforced integration. In a small area, with lots of people that really doesn't seem all that strange. Inevitable.

Does it never occur to anyone that harmony and tolerance can be an exported product, and not just an enforced import product?
edit on 2011/12/14 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No, that is not correct. At all. Ethiopian Jews are segregated in school:

ehhm, you know - i live in Israel.
From your own link:

Figures collected by the IAEJ show that more than half the country’s 35,884 Ethiopian schoolchildren are enrolled in religious schools, compared to only 17 percent of the general student population. The report also noted that there are more than 10 schools in Israel where the number of Ethiopian pupils is more than 80% of the student body and a further 40 schools where Ethiopians constitute 40%.

Where is segregation? In 10 schools - yes, 80 percent of kids Ethiopian Jews - yes it is segregation. 40 schools with 40% Ethiopian Jews - no it is not.There are places where Ethiopian Jews are 40 percent of population. And the rest is not even mentioned.
Yes there is discrimination, no it is not as widespread as you want it to be. And there is no segregation in vast majority of places as your own source shows.

edit on 14-12-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Of course you live in Israel, I should have assumed so by the way you try to paint a pretty picture of what's really going on over there. You can try to portray those people in the video any way you want but it won't change the way the rest of us see it, for the despicable way it is. If you ever see me or my countrymen acting like this I beg you to point it out.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There are no news from North East Sky, so i am in a bit of a problem. How about this though? Took me few seconds to find. Not in Israel, you know. Another place with open border and illegal immigration issues.
www.break.com...
Not shocking.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm not American, but yes, there are a lot of border issues over there as well.

There are also a lot of racist incidents, and I criticize those when I see them. For the most part minus a few exceptions the Americans primarily protest against their government, even though the government isn't doing much. That's a whole other thread topic

Please don't take my criticism in this thread as criticism towards all Israelis, it's only against the ones in that video and the ones who share the same beliefs. I have seen you in other threads and you seem to be a decent person and don't appear to be racist. I do have a personal disagreement with some of your statements on how you tried to downplay the issues we were discussing as minor though.

It's no big deal, I have certain things I'm sensitive about as well so I don't expect you to sugar coat your opinion for me. No hard feelings I hope.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Zionism it's Klan approved. It would have been funny if one of the Africans had asked them how many of you are immigrants.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I thought the same thing, if anything those Africans are much closer to being Semites than those Euro immigrants that claim it to be their homeland.

That whole region is absolutely screwed up.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This sounds to me like Israel has Apartheid policies?

Are there any laws against this in Israel?

Do Israeli politicians support Apartheid?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Apartheid policies in Israel?

Get the heck out of here!

Those protesters were just misinformed, they had good intentions

The ring leaders of that protest were scary as hell, I bet they make crappy dinner conversation.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhennoh yeah.. Do you know that alot of blacks in america actually believe the Jews were the reason for their slavery?

bs you just pulled out your colon

the children of israel were an inspiration to negros who sought freedom

When Israel was in Egypt's land: Let my people go,
Oppress'd so hard they could not stand, Let my People go.
Go down, Moses,
Way down in Egypt's land,
Tell old Pharaoh,
Let my people go.
en.wikipedia.org...

of course israel is an apartheid state, you have a group of white caucasians systematically discriminating/persecuting against other races including Sephardim [who are descendents of the original Children of Israel i.e. Hebrews
], and other Mizrahim on a religious basis as well.
which does not surprise me at all because zionism is not a religion, it's a political ideology,specifically a form of ethnic nationalism, just like nazism from which it originates, having failed during world war 2 to exterminate the jews many hardcore nazi's "became" jews and set out to infiltrate jewish society so as to destroy it from within, but real jews have the zionists number, and have known all about them since the zionists were complicit in the Shoah,the zionists sacrificed the 6 million for a patch of land, that is known history.

Sephardim Face Old-Fashioned Discrimination, Wage a New-Style Battle

israeljewishnews.blogspot.com...

However, the elementary school in Emanuel is only one of many in the Beit-Ya’acov chain of schools which discriminate, on a regular basis, against their Sephardic students vis-à-vis their Ashkenazi classmates. Moreover, similar allegations have recently been made, and confirmed, concerning other ultra-Orthodox schools in such places as Beitar-Elit, Elad and Jerusalem, where students were required, in their registration forms, to supply seemingly irrelevant details regarding the ethnic origin of their parents and similar data clearly aimed at collecting as much information as possible to enable the school administration to build an ethnic profile of prospective students. There are even cases where students who had an Ashkenazi father and, consequently, an Ashkenazi surname, but who physically resembled their Sephardic mother, were not admitted to the Ashkenazi class, whilst their friends with similar ethnic profile who bore a more “European”-like appearance were found eligible to attend this same Ashkenazi class.

This “separate but equal” mentality – which was long ago declared unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court -- tries to justify giving different groups of people separate facilities or services by claiming that each group still receives an equal quality of service. However, this mentality and practice are far from being equal; on the contrary, it promotes a distorted perception of the ‘other’ and only perpetuates separation, racism, abusive treatment, culturally-based notions of ethnic hierarchy and, most of all, immense pain.

One of the most troubling facts about this discriminatory apparatus is its institutionalized character. Although Beit-Ya’acov schools are considered an informal independent school system, separate and different from Israel’s formal state school system and operating with educational autonomy, the Beit Ya’acov schools in fact enjoy official recognition by Israel’s Ministry of Education and receive a substantial portion of their annual budget from the state’s coffers. In other words, not only does the Ministry of Education refrain from interfering with the discriminatory practices of these schools – on the excuse of reluctance to interfere with these communities’ autonomy – the Ministry even finances this discrimination with Israeli taxpayers’ money.

zionists are just crypto-nazi psychopaths[though in some cases they are self-hating jews;remember, psychopaths have a bad habit of projecting their evil on others,else they would self destruct if forced to look at their true selves,this racist and religious persecution's goal is to get rid of true judaism by any means possible, they are out to exterminate the jews,supplant them,and blacken their name forever.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
One thing I would like to point out, racism comes in all shapes an colors.

These videos reminded of place where I witnessed the most racism: among the rich white folks in South Africa(not all, some). After spending a week volunteering at a high-school in the middle of no where in rural south africa, where literally AIDs is common but electricity is not- This lady in a rich town started trying to "explain" to me that there is nothing we can do to help them, the studies show they can't be taught (BS from the apartheid propaganda) I wanted to SMACK to crap out of that women(but I took the higher road and politely told about the bright young kids I met). That proved to me, racism can happen anywhere, even to the rich and "educated", in this day and age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join