It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Animal Death, wave 2? 'Thousands of birds smash into Wal-Mart car park'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Don't natural gas drill site release gas plumes? Kinda makes sense there everywhere.. Birds fly through them then drop like flies...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
One of the bigger local news agencies is now carrying the story.

Story on KSL

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Birds do not crash land into the water. They land on the water but do not crash into it. this make no sense...they wouldn't just smack into the land thinking its water like that.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

"So the birds landed to rest, but ended up slamming into the pavement."

They must usually land pretty hard, I guess. Just like that bird scene from "The Core"...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's ok, these things happen all the time!

(BTW there is a weather report from the area the blackbirds fell in which the weather reporters were discussing a strange black hole that showed on doppler radar that traversed the area at about the same time the birds fell.)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by scary
It's ok, these things happen all the time!

(BTW there is a weather report from the area the blackbirds fell in which the weather reporters were discussing a strange black hole that showed on doppler radar that traversed the area at about the same time the birds fell.)

this weather report would be consistent with the electromagnetic phenomenon theory...eventually we would be able to notice electromagnetic fluctuations that would be observable with instruments.

and this is what the mayan's would call the "portals" popping up and creating strange things to happen. the portal/weather radar blip would be a physical manifefstation of a "hole" in the "veil".

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I just thought of something that supports the large massed object hypothesis.

Suppose there was said object coming in from the depths of space. Let's say it's coming in from Leo(hypothetically). Now what would we see if it was causing the bird deaths....You would only see the birds doing these suicidal behaviors during the part of the year when the sun isn't blocking the effects of said object.

Last year, the birds did this during the winter...then it stopped in the spring. Now you have it starting back up in the winter...

See where I'm going with this?
Since this is only happening at a certain time of the year, it seems likely that it it caused by a large incoming object.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why are there two threads on this? This is too important to have expressed opinions getting loss in between two threads. Can a Mod consolidate these???

This story is not sitting well with me. This is very reminiscent of last years massive animal die-off.

Sure, weird things happen. We know that to be true. But when weird things happen with weirder explanations like this....then it just calls more attention to the real cause!!

I cannot nor will not believe for a second that a bunch of innate instinctive creatures got 'mixed up' with a Walmart.
It's an insult to blame Human mistakes on naturally intelligent animals. In fact I feel we should re-write the food chain and put US on the bottom rung because animals, insects, trees, etc are far more superior than we are. We just know how to make artificial craps that's all.

There is no way thousands of birds mistook a man-made structure (even if it was PAINTED to look like a lake) for a body of water. No way. No how.

Here's my very thread on the strange events from last year (winter) including the unprecedented amount of animal die offs. Take a listen to the meteorologists' concerns and opinions

edit on 14-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Great catch OP, thanks for posting.

Personally, I feel that there has NOT been one good explanation for any of these incidents and I am not holding my breath for one now either.

I can only find radar loops for the last 48 hours, and since this happened on Monday....might be interesting to have a look if anyone knows how to get that from the archives of NOAA.

We can split atoms, manipulate DNA, and all other manner of forensic studies but a good explanation as to these events cannot be brought forth?

They took birds into the mines to help warn of 'bad air' - maybe thats what these unfortunate creatures encountered. A nice plume of (insert ingredient here) hanging over the city which proved to be fatal.

Industrial/criminal (VOC excursions etc) activity might be a good place to look.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

Originally posted by mother1138

Environmental authorities are saying that the birds must have mistaken the area for a large body of water. And, for my part, I don't disbelieve that.

You've answered your own question. It was just a simple case of a flock of birds mistaking a car park as a large body of water.
edit on 14/12/2011 by Freelancer because: Added Bold text.

That is like saying a mob of human female shoppers mistaking the city garbage landfill for a shoes and handbag closing down sale store by sight, I don't see how it can happen without some really amazing factor altering their perception....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Those must be some Angry Birds

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Birds either land or they dive. There isn't a second 'in-between' in which they descend. So if they ALL mistook this parking lot, that was covered with 3-inches of fresh snow for a body of water then, these SMART INTELLIGENT birds must've assumed this water was frozen and was preparing to gently land on ice. Or water actually.

How can the CRASH by landing on their little legs? They can only 'crash' if they were diving, no? They don't go barreling onto the ground, feet first.

Are we all watching and witnessing the same birds on this planet?......because the birds I've grown up with and observed, gently GLIDE to a halt. They don't become feathered-kamikaze.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

AND, what bird nose dives into the water anyway? I always watch them gently land on the water.

You're right though it has to be the fireworks.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I do not believe these birds just mistook the asphalt for a lake for a second. If that were the case, why were they in other places as well?

But Griffin said the Utah downing was notable among the ones she's seen because it was so widespread. Downed flocks were reported all over Cedar City, and as far as 30 miles south. Read more: www.bellinghamherald.com...

a 30 mile radius? That's a pretty large area to mistake for asphalt, oops I mean water.

"Before there were (artificial lights), the sky was always paler than the ground," he told The Associated Press. "When all of a sudden there's light all over the place, they don't know which way is up anymore."

Apparently this guy seems to think at one moment that they think its a lake, then the next moment he thinks they forgot which way is up? Boy, do I love double speak!

The more likely answer is something was interfering with the birds navigational abilities.

Isn't it kinda odd to anyone else that the birds in Arkansas were all dead, while most of these birds had broken bones and other injuries? Kinda casts some doubt on the Jan 1st, 2011 event's "got confused and hit trees, because of loud noises" theory.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Whoa.

Clearly Wal-Mart is using EMF technology to lure customers into buying their trashy goods - thus causing birds, which use the magnetic field in order to navigate themselves safely.

Conspiracy indeed!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by Freelancer

Birds do not crash land into the water. They land on the water but do not crash into it. this make no sense...they wouldn't just smack into the land thinking its water like that.

Harrp?!?!

edit on 14-12-2011 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

I like the way you think. Unless the birds are the type that actually dives into the water (in which case they likely wouldn't be around a Wal-Mart parking lot, nor in such a massive flock if they were hunting), it's highly unlikely this is the reason.

Everything is possible. Either way, poor birds!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Earth magnetic field is falling apart
cannot be other reasons then that

birds have been on earth for a very long long time
they are a very inteligent species

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Much like the other wonky stuff people say swear is taking place, I think we can chalk this one up to "Nibiru" as well.

2nd.

Oh yes, that seems like the most logical answer..

but anyway, there is NO WAY birds at several different locations mistook parking lots for a body of water.

There is something messing with out magnetic field. It's pretty obvious..isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Birds either land or they dive. There isn't a second 'in-between' in which they descend. So if they ALL mistook this parking lot, that was covered with 3-inches of fresh snow for a body of water then, these SMART INTELLIGENT birds must've assumed this water was frozen and was preparing to gently land on ice. Or water actually.

How can the CRASH by landing on their little legs? They can only 'crash' if they were diving, no? They don't go barreling onto the ground, feet first.

Are we all watching and witnessing the same birds on this planet?......because the birds I've grown up with and observed, gently GLIDE to a halt. They don't become feathered-kamikaze.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Oh, they forgot to mention it in the article, but...

these were Japanese birds.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Here you go... some images from yahoo news

Officials say storm clouds above city lights on Monday night probably confused thousands of grebes, which are a duck-like aquatic bird that migrates south for the winter. Thousands of the birds were killed, but more than 2,000 had been rescued by Tuesday evening. The survivors were released into Washington County bodies. (AP Photo/Utah Division of Wildlife Services, Lynn Chamberlain)

I wish we could get hold of one of these mysterious 'officials' who always come up with an answer the sheeple can believe.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
CHEM-TRAILS.

The birds flew through newly laid Chem-Trails. That blanket of cloud that was mentioned....It wasn't natural.

Somebody's got to do forensic autopsies on these poor beautiful birds.

Silver oxide, aluminium....etc.
In order for chem-trails to do their work, they need to interfere with the magnetic field....n'est ce pas?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join