It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Animal Death, wave 2? 'Thousands of birds smash into Wal-Mart car park'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
According to The Bellingham Herald , thousands of birds rained down on a Wal-Mart car park last Monday night.

Environmental authorities are saying that the birds must have mistaken the area for a large body of water. And, for my part, I don't disbelieve that.

Think this going to be "mass animal death 2.0"?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Environmental authorities are saying that the birds must have mistaken the area for a large body of water. And, for my part, I don't disbelieve that.

You've answered your own question. It was just a simple case of a flock of birds mistaking a car park as a large body of water.
edit on 14/12/2011 by Freelancer because: Added Bold text.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Must have been the fireworks.

So all of a sudden birds and fish are becoming retarded? How do these creatures mistake a parking lot for a large body of water?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Must have been the fireworks.

So all of a sudden birds and fish are becoming retarded? How do these creatures mistake a parking lot for a large body of water?

Can see the next report forth with , Walmart beams disrupting the magnetic fields . Live at 5 . Face Palm .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I cant see birds not bein able to tell a car park from water source. I can see their electro field data detections being altered or inturrupted by some unseen force or field but them just making a mistake like that seems unreal also did they all die and did any get back up?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

Birds do not crash land into the water. They land on the water but do not crash into it. this make no sense...they wouldn't just smack into the land thinking its water like that.

Harrp?!?!

edit on 14-12-2011 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I guess next time any one go's to wal mart they need to watch out for more than falling prices.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anyone that has spent any time handling birds knows that they can be very intelligent.

I don't buy that they were too dumb to know the difference between ground and water.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

You've answered your own question. It was just a simple case of a flock of birds mistaking a car park as a large body of water.

Yeah. Because that happens all the time, right?

I was wondering when this would start up again. RSOE (disaster monotoring site) has been keeping track throughout the year (or were, I haven't been there in a while), but there hasn't been much of anything in the news. I'm not buying mistaking a parking lot for a lake, birds are much smarter and well adapted than that. I just read a thread on here about methane gasses releasing from the antarctic, but I don't really think this would be a cause as they were headed to Mexico.

Its really sad, thankfully I have never witnessed any mass animal deaths. I know that they can and will occur, but last winter there were so many dies offs. I was curious if this winter would bring the same.
edit on 14-12-2011 by mutantgenius because: spelling.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Possible magnetic interference,as birds use the EM spectrum to navigate.
Wal mart testing some weird new wi fi system?
Or someone nearby testing some new comms-Are there any mil.bases nearby maybe?

Or the birds have been trying to attack wal mart for ages,and have come up with a suicide squad?
Doubtful,but we don't know what goes on in those little avian minds.
They used to be the dinosaurs after all.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The solar system has entered a bubble of magnetic energy, or something unexpected of the sort. It probably is affecting animals like those birds.
I can imagine the poor birds seeing the ground and suddenly, feeling intensely as if they were to hit the ground, or going in a wrong way, or fashion. Correcting this false impression could have made them go down hard, thinking all was fine. Perplexed, but fine. Then boom.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Much like the other wonky stuff people say swear is taking place, I think we can chalk this one up to "Nibiru" as well.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well they were heading for mexico so mass suicide is an option....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Well they were heading for mexico so mass suicide is an option....

not even going to go there .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i can't believe no one has said invisible cloaked ships in the sky

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

Ya but the article seems to prove itself wrong.

It's not uncommon for birds to mistake hard surfaces for water. However, Griffin noted most downing are localized, while "this was very widespread." "I've been here 15 years and this was the worst downing I've seen," she told the Read more: www.bellinghamherald.com...

....so to me ..... this means it has nothing to do with Asphalt ...or a parking lot.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
The solar system has entered a bubble of magnetic energy, or something unexpected of the sort. It probably is affecting animals like those birds.
I can imagine the poor birds seeing the ground and suddenly, feeling intensely as if they were to hit the ground, or going in a wrong way, or fashion. Correcting this false impression could have made them go down hard, thinking all was fine. Perplexed, but fine. Then boom.

So this magnetic bubble just appeared over 1 wall mart?
if this incident occured over the planet I would give your theory a little more thought

Maybe other factors could come into play like man made disturbances or even natural ones like an extreme wind sheer.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
i can't believe no one has said invisible cloaked ships in the sky

We are told not too anylonger

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Don't believe it,if this is so common as it's made out to be how come it's not been reported on until fairly recently?What are we in kindergarten and we're not allowed to know the truth? or is it they truly don't know?This explanation is really lame..

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Anyone else have any luck finding any other sources on this story?

The OPs link seems to be the only one running the story. Odd.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join