It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy Would Be Good

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Why cant we all be Tyler Durden?

edit on 14-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

Because someone has to be the space monkeys.

People who think Anarchy would be good, are even more misguided than those who think our current system is good.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So the question to you is, if our current system is F-cked. and Anarchy is not good, what is the alternative

First and foremost, TPTB-the powers that be, do not want to lose their control, and ultimately it's called anarchy when they are not feasting off the works of it's servants. So, plz enlighten us all on your next approach

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
As soon as anarchy was here for 2 months, you'd be kicking yourself and praying for a government.

Just like in winter, when you wish it was summer again....and then summer comes around, and you wish it was colder.

like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

If you aren't happy now, you won't be happy no matter what your circumstances.
Change yourself, before trying to change others.

Things aren't that bad now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

So the question to you is, if our current system is F-cked. and Anarchy is not good, what is the alternative

First and foremost, TPTB-the powers that be, do not want to lose their control, and ultimately it's called anarchy when they are not feasting off the works of it's servants. So, plz enlighten us all on your next approach

"if our system is f$cked."

I don't think it's completely f^cked. There's some things I'd like changed, and there are some things that are very f$cked up. But a complete overhaul is unnecessary. we have it made right now...sure it could be better, things can ALWAYS be better. But we still have it made.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

How do you know that, have you ever or anyone that you know seen the "State of Nature?" From what i see you are just placating, and throwing out the same old rhetorical oligarchic information in which you where taught? With absolutely no jist, nor self-observation to give us? you kind of sound like a text book from Locke

Lol, do you have property that your worried about losing?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fight Club is my favorite movie. I've seen it countless times. But like Chuck Palahnuik, I realize the message people get out of it, isn't what he was saying...
anti-consumerism isn't the same as being against the system in itself.

He greatly regretted the popularity of the novel, and didn't consider it his best novel.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Text We need to start to really care about each other. That is what is going to improve things.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Nothing like taking a "red herring" approach to the conversation huh

What does fight club have anything to do with what i asked you on this ats thread

Come on man, if your going to walk the talk,atleast stand for a second huh

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Fight Club is my favorite movie. I've seen it countless times. But like Chuck Palahnuik, I realize the message people get out of it, isn't what he was saying...
anti-consumerism isn't the same as being against the system in itself.

He greatly regretted the popularity of the novel, and didn't consider it his best novel.

Have you seen the movie Choke?

I havent read the book. Awesome movie though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Nothing like a Ad-Hock, to get you out of trouble, got to love the beaucracy at ats, when all else failes and your on the ropes, have a bud help you out.

Thanks op, very good post, as no-one can have a valuable arguement with the question in which you posed

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What does fight club have anything to do with what i asked you on this ats thread

cause I wrote that before reading your post...hold on. jeez. can't a man think.

I hesitated answering because what he implied is rather insulting.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

i couldn't agree more immensely. everything you said a 1000 times yes.

its like you took what so many of us, myself included, have felt and put it eloquently into words. and used such a great association.

thank you!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Hey thanks.

I think we all feel helpless in a way as far as politics goes.

I think that politicians only up the ante by ignoring us.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

There's ways to improve our current system, and take back control and give it to the people. Limiting campaign contributions from corporations to politicians would be a step in the right direction.
Throwing out the entire system is over the top.
You ask if I've ever seen the "state of nature." Have you? I mean really seen what it'd be like. It's not pretty. Nature isn't kind.
You want freedom. Freedom to do what exactly? kill people? rape people? If that's freedom, I'll have no part in it.
I used to think my freedoms were being infringed upon, but then I realized I was focusing on little things. The vast majority of freedoms we've lost, are minute, extremely minute. No one is stopping you from dropping everything and going into the wilderness. You're mad you have to work? You'll do 100 times more work out there. All you'll do is work.

wow, you really suggest I'm one to be spouting off things I've been taught...you obviously haven't read my thread where I expose how they are using propaganda to brainwash people, huh? "the most important essay on the internet." search for that. The answers for how to fix our system are in there.

haha, then you suggest I'm a rich person who's trying to protect my property. HAHA!
I'm not poor, but I'm not that. But most importantly, I understand "Poor Folk."

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It has everything to do with the topic of your thread. I understand Fight Club inside and out. It's you who doesn't understand it. That was the point of that post.
Chuck Palahniuk was NOT suggesting Anarchy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For anybody who thinks anarchy would be good, could you be so kind as to leave the doors of your apartments (or flats) open during the looting so I'll be able to "make my way in" and forcefully take the finest things you have for my own? Thanks oh so very much.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Anarchy would be great for you OP until someone comes after you with a gun and you can't call a cop.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So, why does everything have to come to fight club? Is that what your handlers and academia taught you that would happen if the TBTB where not in charge, you sound like a scared little child, not knowing a future.

Hey take this prospective, lets kill the past, and focus on the future. Let's spend all the money the the U.S. funds in a given year to kill our race, and focus it on technology, what a f novel concept huh?

To put it in perspective if your scared jump in my pocket i will take care of you, as the rest of the human race needs to get its technology game on and stop killing, and start producing: A highly efficient next generation, minus all the scared lil children and skeptics

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Anarchy would be great for you OP until someone comes after you with a gun and you can't call a cop.

Most people advocating anarchy just have no idea how instantly brutal and forceful some ordinary guy like myself could get, given the proper circumstances. And with the amount of heavy firearms and explosives there are available on every street (at least here in America), you can forget about some kind of frontier style civil code -- which isn't real anarchy anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hey take this prospective, lets kill the past, and focus on the future. Let's spend all the money the the U.S. funds in a given year to kill our race, and focus it on technology, what a f novel concept huh?

Never happen. Once civil structure is gone, there's no need for high technology so we can all get fast email and play video games. No need to know anything much more than what's in a 20-mile radius. And money? Hey, man, money is all imaginary these days, didn't you know that? Somebody pulls a plug, and it's all gone! Whoosh!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join