It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stephen Hawking conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have spent some time googling for satisfying proof that this is just a crazy idea, but cant find anything.

Is Stephen Hawking for real?
...or is his words really from someone else?

A vegetable (sorry Stephen) in a wheelchair, that gives the world "answers to everything"

Ask yourselves, could it be?

Can someone please debunk this idea with some 100% proof please? :-)
...so I can get this idea out of my head

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
he can moves his eyes

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Perhaps you need to ask yourself "why not?" A physical disability does not mean a mental impairment.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by reef75

That is a good thought, who would want to be the first to call out an invalid. They would just figure pity would always win the day. It would be very easy to do what you are suggesting.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
you're questioning the mental capacity of a physically incapictated person?
what does one really have to do with the other? The two can act independent of each other you know.
Also think about this in layman's terms... if your right arm is hurt, your left arm will compensate for your right arm's weakness... if your blood vessels are clogged, your heart will work harder to pump your blood, so if your body is a vegetable, your mind will then..... or vice versa..

and no I don't think Stephen Hawking is a bot or alien anymore than I think that I myself or all of us could be.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by reef75

Perhaps you need to ask yourself "why not?" A physical disability does not mean a mental impairment.

When and where does he study, I never see him anywhere other than presentations.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good grief. Are we going back to the Middle Ages, when they killed handicapped people because they were thought to be "warlocks?"

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking is very real. He's also not considered by his peers in the physics community to be all that special in his field. His theories, which were thought to be revolutionary when he first came up with them, have since been shown to have some problems and mostly have been surpassed by the work of other physicists. He has still done some very important work, but he's not the be-all-end-all of science people even in his own time, much less in history. The reason he is so famous is partly because of his personal story (he's not a vegetable, his mind is still fine, just his body is a mess from ALS), because when he first got famous his theories WERE still at the forefront of his field and, most importantly, because he wrote a very good book explaining all of the stuff going on in his field at the time for the general public ("A Brief History of Time").

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking suffers from Motor Neurone Disease, this affects everything relating to the motor functions of the body including speech, muscles etc..
What it doesn't affect is his mind which is working just as well as it did before he suffered from this disease.

BBC News explains his condition
edit on 14-12-2011 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
SH shows why its bad to mess with drugs [eg hurt your mind and brain] because one day, it may be all you have left.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was under the impression this website was to "deny ignorance", not perpetuate it.

As someone already stated, physically disability does not have to damage the brain.
Google his earlier years. Might be a starting point to satisfy your paranoia.

edit on 14-12-2011 by mcsteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reef75

I would have thought that all of the people that have discourse with him on a regular basis would be the first to blow the whistle if he clearly did not have the intellect to back up his arguments. I am pretty sure if he was phony, we would know it by now arent you?

As others have said, just because he is disabled, that does not make him stupid, bit of a low punch that 1 from you.

edit on 14-12-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
When and where does he study, I never see him anywhere other than presentations.

Until recently he held the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics chair at Cambridge University, which was once held by Sir Isaac Newton. (Hawking retired from the chair, it is now held by Michael Green.) Hawking held that position at Cambridge from 1979 to 2009.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Personally I think he is a very intelligent person who, due to unfortunate circumstances, has in effect been locked into the confines of his mind. Due to his disability, the only power he has left is the power of thought. Given that, all he has left is the ability to think and then to type out those thoughts laboriously via his speech computer which I believe he operates with his eyes. When was the last time you thought at length about a single subject for say...hours each day?

He is probably a gifted, abstract, conceptual thinker and knows much. He seems to be well-respected academically and has written and contributed much to the fields he is active in. I have never read any of his books but I suspect they would go over my head anyway.

In answer to your question, I doubt very much that someone is putting words in his mouth or using him in a similar manner.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I still see no proof.

And I am not punching a disabled man. I am very sorry for Stephens handicap and physical disorder.
I still think the idea is very valid until proven wrong.

Playing with the thought doesnt make you a bad person you know.

Come on now, anything please.
...atleast some video from his early years. A family member, or anything solid, please.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think almost everyone is missing the point of the OP.
Correct me if Im wrong OP but what I think he is saying is that maybe the speech coming from SH is not his own but someone elses ideas, just "saiD" through Stephen. The OP isnt saying SH is an idiot of incapable of proper brain function.

Personally I think the electronic words we hear from Stephen are his own, mostly because the same ideas he purposes now are the same ideas he had when he could still speak.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

hes out lived is drs date that he would die by 40 years
us and russia have spent millions keeping him alive
and he as two life threatening diseases
in my book and the two above hes up there with the
BEST theorists
hes also british although his voice simmulator is american

edit on 14/12/2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by reef75
I still see no proof.

And I am not punching a disabled man. I am very sorry for Stephens handicap and physical disorder.
I still think the idea is very valid until proven wrong.

Playing with the thought doesnt make you a bad person you know.

Come on now, anything please.
...atleast some video from his early years. A family member, or anything solid, please.

Right...we're supposed to Google it for your lazy a**?

You can start a forum thread but you expect everyone else to give you 'proof' so you don't have to do any research on your own? Pfft.

I hereby formally DENY to enable your willful IGNORANCE.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

try a brief history in time a good book
explained in laymans terms ie easy to understand

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Video from his early years would be hard, considering video cameras were not even sold to the public until the late 70's, early 80's and by then he was well into his disease and he wasn't really famous enough to get followed around by the media until the 80's. The first video I've ever seen of him is from the mid-80's when he was already physically immobile and needed one of his PhD students to translate his spoken words in class for his other students so they could hear/understand.

This article has some photos of him when he was young. As you can see, in his wedding photo he is walking with a cane, as the disease had already struck him by then and he was beginning to physically degenerate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join