It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Within The Cult Of The Flying Saucer Arises A New World Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Let's say one of our probes crashed onto a foreign planet less evolved than ouyrselves and thdy automatically assumed we bave been advancing for millions of years.

If we found a “foreign” planet less evolved technologically than ours, say by only one hundred years, managed to deploy a probe to it that subsequently crashed for whatever reason, then the denizens of that planet would be absolutely correct in their assumption that we were more advanced than them, even though our technology can obviously be faulty.

But it wouldn’t mean they had to worship us, would it?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanoidX

The people who first started reporting that they saw flying saucers and aliens,especially in the1950's were shunned,ridiculed and laughed at,they were considered a lunatic frings,a cult of fanatics and contactees and people with mental disorders and so me using the word cult seem fine to me...

en.wikipedia.org... > quote from link > "The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices.The word was first used in the early 17th century denoting homage paid to a divinity and derived from the French culte or Latin cultus, ‘worship’, from cult-,‘inhabited, cultivated, worshipped,’ from the verb colere, 'care, cultivation' "

Did you,or anyone else notice the phrase?..."a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre"...so i'm right on target...
edit on 15-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

A living concept cant create anything and i dont think a concept can be alive either,if it is alive,its not a concept...

con·cept (knspt)
n.
1. A general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences.
2. Something formed in the mind; a thought or notion. See Synonyms at idea.
3. A scheme; a plan:

If god in nothing more than a concept,an idea,a thought ,or a notion,then there is no god,apart from the imaginary being we have created in our own minds to explain the unexplainable and to give comfort to people who are afraid of the dark and as a tool and a weapon of domination and control..
edit on 15-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

A living concept cant create anything and i dont think a concept can be alive either,if it is alive,its not a concept...

Any concept that is created and released into the public can – and often does- become part of the popular psyche.

After that, it can grow, change (and be deliberately altered) quite organically. It can literally “take on a life of its own”.

Therefore, a concept that delivers the idea of a God deliberately introduced into the public psyche is God.

If god in nothing more than a concept,an idea,a thought ,or a notion,then there is no god,apart from the imaginary being we have created in our own minds to explain the unexplainable and to give comfort to people who are afraid of the dark and as a tool and a weapon of domination and control..

Precisely.

But the question remains; why worship aliens, even if they “created” us?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Just within the 20th century alone,millions of people have documented sightings and claimed encounters with ufos,flying saucers and alien entities and those sightings and encounters continue to escalate.Here and now we are awakening into the dawn of a new age that is ushering in the existence of a new world religion,an awakening faith,as we behold and try to understand the masters of our reality.
reply to post by blocula

The problem I have with this New age religion or Cult of the Ufo, (call it what you will) is that out of all the documented sightings and claimed encounters, very little if anything ties those encounters together. In fact it is more likely that entity encounters and ufos are two very different phenomena.

One being physical, the other being spiritual or dimensional...again call it what you will. Until we have less stigma, less hysteria, less guesswork and more hard data, facts and real evidence it really is just all hypothetical. So I would hazard a guess that until the subject is met with genuine unbiased scientific inquiry and honesty from governments and military it is never really going to be taken seriously.

Just my two cents worth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was hoping this thread might touch on Jung's "Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Skies."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

We'll probably never get any hard data,unless the aliens themselves gave it to us and if they did,meaning roswell as one example,or if they ever do,the military and government will just publicly deny it and then take it away to some secret underground installation.The highly intelligent aliens are probably so fantastically advanced,so far beyond us psychologically and technologically,that humans finding out anything concrete about them and their dimensional craft,would be like ants trying to comprehend and understand our jet fighters that they see flying all around them everyday as they go about their work,gathering food and building tunnels for the queen < Sound familiar?...

edit on 17-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Works for me.

To me its the most logical scenario.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

We'll probably never get any hard data,unless the aliens themselves gave it to us and if they did,meaning roswell as one example
reply to post by blocula

I understand what you are saying re: possible advanced technology and how we may or may not perceive it. The ant hive is a good analogy.

Roswell is still not conclusive evidence of anything extra terrestrial if anything the crash itself implies terrestrial test aircraft. The secrecy surrounding Roswell is possibly related to the time of the testing and how close it was to the end of WWII and the need to keep such new technology just in it's infancy a secret from other countries around the world with no close ties to the US.

I do not believe in coincidence and even 1 year after WWII there happened to be a slew of sightings of saucer shaped craft resembling the German foo fighters. To my mind, if an alien civilization were technologically advanced to the point where they are almost impossible to perceive; a crash seems virtually improbable. ( I may have mentioned this once or twice in other threads.)

On the other hand...the military test and crash things all the time. What seems more likely? Sometimes, the simplest answer is the right one.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Its the strange vehicles seen in the sky that are thousands of feet across,moving slowly and making no sound.Bizzare flying craft that make right angled turns at 5,000mph and others that are seen effortlessly penetrating through many feet of lake and sea ice.The hoovering chrome flying saucers,the daylight discs seen all over the world.The thousands of sightings of and encounters with nonhuman and humanoid entities...

Those and many other examples tends to bring about the realization that we are dealing with objects and beings of unknown origin...

Sometimes i think and feel those things are holographic projections designed and displayed by superior beings who steer humanity towards certain cultural and psychological directions...

edit on 17-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sometimes i think and feel those things are holographic projections designed and displayed by superior beings who steer humanity towards certain cultural and psychological directions...
reply to post by blocula

Why does a hologram have to be from a superior being? Even nature can produce holograms and science and the military have been developing holographic technology for some time now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

reply to post by blocula

Why does a hologram have to be from a superior being? Even nature can produce holograms and science and the military have been developing holographic technology for some time now.

As far as science currently understands things, the only way that nature can create holograms is when information is saved on the event horizon of a "black hole." Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

As far as science currently understands things, the only way that nature can create holograms is when information is saved on the event horizon of a "black hole." Correct me if I'm wrong.
reply to post by DJW001

I was thinking in terms of something as simple as a mirage. Since a mirage is optical phenomena where the image of an object appears to displace due to spatial variations of the index of refraction of air and i suspect light too I see similarities and holographic connections. It has been theorized that the nature of the universe we live in is holographic in nature.

twm.co.nz...

I do not think you are wrong regarding the above so no correction needed perhaps just additional information.

Anything that passes through the event horizon from the observer's side appears to freeze in place, with its image becoming more red shifted as time proceeds.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i've read many times that we will not meet the beings of an advanced civilization themselves,but we will encounter their technology,their machinery,the ufo's,just like we send probes to other worlds,surely they would do and are doing the same thing.Class-3 aliens,from our perspectives,would be gods and they may be orchestrating events on earth from vantage points beyond our comprehension,like sending,or projecting,three dimensional holograms into our reality from another dimension.For example,the great airship wave of the 1890's in north america,which displayed craft that looked like the zeppelin derigibles that were soon afterwards to become a reality > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join