It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate being a white male!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
[SNIP]

And it goes on and on.
edit on 12/14/2011 by dbates because: Removed inflammatory remarks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesop
[SNIP]
While I do not even like this post i'm finding myself fending off people trying to tell others to kill themselves.
You guys can shove your little smiley faces where the sun does not shine.

The guy obviously hates himself, I just offered him a solution. Sorry for trying to help

edit on 12/14/2011 by dbates because: Removed inflammatory remarks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
[SNIP]
Yeah well good luck with that

I could say the same for you, get over what ever personal issues you have. You dont like who you are change it, if you cant change it and cant deal with its on you.

"I could say the same for you" Based exactly on what may I ask?

"get over what ever personal issues you have" My personal issues with people that disregard human life. I will never get over it.

"You dont like who you are change it, if you cant change it and cant deal with its on you." I have no idea what on earth you are going on about." Are you just typing to type?

We see this every day videos and news reports of people committing suicide and onlookers just watching and not helping. I assume you are one of those people? Care to delve deeper?

No while this op post is a sad attempt at trolling.

My disdain for individuals with no respect for life itself is a much greater disdain.

Like it or not.

I said it.

Then you go and change your post.

Listen up, I think you can't read. Im not the original poster. I called YOU OUT becouse of your post. YOUR

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's because you can't dance isn't it?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesop

You done?
That bleeding heart of yours is making the floor slippery.
You want to change the world fine go do it but not from the comfortable position behind your computer screen with your opinions and criticism.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by Aesop

You done?
That bleeding heart of yours is making the floor slippery.
You want to change the world fine go do it but not from the comfortable position behind your computer screen with your opinions and criticism.

I will let you have your easy out. Turn it around and try to attack me as a couch potato savior hilarious. Look I have nothing else to say on it. I dont care what post you spew your drivel in, I will reply too it in the same manor.

Your free to have the last word. And rest assured your foaming at the mouth for it.

You have a good day sir.

Aesop

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not trying to be obtuse here...

But you do realize that the culture you are referring to is human culture - not racially specific culture. We all come from a common source and none of us, speaking in truth, can lay claim to being 100% any ethnicity - no matter how badly we might want to or insist upon doing so.

Therefore, revel in all of humanities cultural diversity and achievement - shun that which isn't tasteful to you. It doesn't matter where it came from, it's yours to use as you wish.

Oh, BTW. White people gave us heavy metal too.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

Your thread looks like it was designed to bait people, it's like you're pressing buttons for effect. If I'm wrong and you're serious then I have no sympathy for how you feel as it's you who is ignoring everything except for what you see as the negative aspects of being white.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If the other poster's suggestion of suicide is too extreme, there's always sex change operations & tanning pills!
Take your destiny into your own hands!

That still won't solve your dancing issues, though, I'm afraid....

edit on 14-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I hate being a white male!,

Could be worse, you could be riding around in a white sheet burning religious effigies.
ummm........... you dont do you?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

you should trace your family roots back to their origins you never know what you might find,

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ahhhh,the typical mindset of someone who is on the guilt trip.Whites have wonderful cultures that are just as rich as others,or if not,even more so then those of minorities and i would beg you to look at the cultures that yours and i would i also beg you to look at the good side of people and their cultures also.These minorities also have a dark past(especially the Arabs)and some of these people make white people look like saints.

White males have never oppressed their women as such because all they did was get them to do what was available and worth doing.Don't forget that its males who have to provide and fight for the females which i would call a natural slave role to the female.I am also finding it hard as to why you think this about women being oppressed by white males when its the western world that set the standards for female equality and these cultures that you love so much treat women like dogs even to this day and even kill women if they get raped,NOT the man.I think you have contradicted yourself here a bit.The reason why woman can now do more then what they used to do is because there is now more to do......so the white male is to thank for that.

One of my favorite cultures is the German one,and yes,they have a dark past just like everyone but that doesn't mean they don't have a rich culture and are all Hitler loving lunatics who wish for the Jews to be gassed.

As someone has already pointed out,it was whites who invented most things and done some of the most amazing things that have ever been imagined so i would say we have the richest culture in many ways.

Did you know that white people have been enslaved many time before by Africans and Arabs and were even on the brinct of extinction at a couple of points in history thanks to these ''cultures'' you admire and wish to be a part of? Oh,and as for the African slave trade,it was the Jews who funded it and the Arabs who took most slaves,and treated them worse then the whites did with their slaves,due to them being there for a lot longer then us and the Africans were the ones enslaving themselves.

I guess at the end of the day,you are hating on yourself for what your ancestors have done yet love others while their ancestors did the same thing,and in some cases,are still doing it to this day.

edit on 14/12/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You've been fooled by the educatonal sytem. They want to put the whiteman down from a young age and make him feel less significant than other cultures. We have wonderful artists, beautiful architecture, excellent writers, poets and playwrights, our musicians are amazing.It's not your fault that whites make excellent soldiers, You have plenty of culture you just need to seek your roots.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Interesting rant. I've felt for years that there is no worse fate that a soul can endure than to be stuck in the body of a white male. That specific combination--white, and male--is a virtual guarantee of mediocrity in life (if you can even achieve that).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
stop identifying yourself as a white male then

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
Well, I wish I was anything else but a white male but I'm stuck in the worst, most boring category of all and for culture all I have is McDonalds and swing music to look to while other people can draw on much deeper and more profound heritages.

Cultural evils tend to be distributed equally, that is to say the blights are inevitable products of human nature not race. However, I have thought of a unique blight that only seems to afflict our white race, and that blight is grossly uneducated, suffocatingly sheltered, self-loathing lost souls such as you.

Europe is the most culturally diverse and culturally rich place on the planet, and it isn't the home of McDonald's or swing music. There is nothing deep and profound about the incessant wars of violence and rape in Africa, the sadistic barbarism of the Middle East, or the totalitarian inhumanity of the East.

I think you should consider exploring the reality of the subject, instead of blindly internalizing these poisonous, baseless suppositions.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What is this? You're in a funk for being of all things on this earth a white male? Holy cats, this takes the cake. You smirk on your heritage, calling it dark, full of raping the earth and whatnot. How far did you look, oh suffering fool? If you are of northern European stock, then you may very well have viking blood, and from the haunting forests of southern Germany downward, you would be far kin of a warrior clan, be it goth, visigoth, urgoth, vandal! These savage, hotblooded tribes broke the spine of the Roman empire. Before the overthrow by the bitchmother church, your forefathers loved and honored the land, worshiped the gods of field and river, loved the song of battle, and honored their roots with festivals that have become bastardized, sterilized, and commercialized as 'christian' rites such as Easter, Christmas, Holloween... all of this is history you haven't discovered yet, or worse, you've been told that it is wrong, evil, or sinful to take pride in a history before the religious right tore the true soul from it. There is nothing finer in my book than a handsome white male with his silken hair and sharp eyes.. or he could be without hair, but still, those eyes that could see into the world beyond his own, and with intelligence to appreciate the vision. My personal ideal is pale with blue eyes, dark hair, and smart.... scary smart. Come now darling, delve deeper into your family's past... look into the nooks and crannies that were overlooked before. Check out your heraldry on both sides of the family, and see what turns up! The truth will astonish you.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
I wish I was anything else. First of all, being white and male is the most boring choice of all. All the other cultures are so colorful and have long deep traditions. The only things white males have is oppression and a history of darkness. When I was in school I was so jealous of minorities who had these cool cultures they could identify with, they all seemed so special. When I looked at myself I could see nothing special, just another dumb suburban kid with a history of slavery, war, colonialism, and raping the earth behind him.

Since there was nothing I could be proud of about myself I tried to be different things...for awhile I wanted to be Buddhist, then I looked into Shamanism and some other traditions, but none of them felt sincere. I even tried to be gay lol that didn't work out too well. I had to accept that my destiny was the most shameful one...a white male! There is nothing to be proud of about it, nothing deep that I can hold onto, no traditions to savor. Instead I have to work on myself to get rid of the awful burden of my ancestors, who were literally the worst people this world has thrown up. Who ran the slave trade? White males. Who oppressed women? White males. Who killed the Jews? White males. So I have a responsibility to look in myself every day and make sure I never do what my forefathers did.

Well, I wish I was anything else but a white male but I'm stuck in the worst, most boring category of all and for culture all I have is McDonalds and swing music to look to while other people can draw on much deeper and more profound heritages. Whish there was something to do about it but I guess not. All I can do now is try to be a better person by giving up my advantages and letting people of color and women go ahead of me when I can, to make up for what I am...the worst of the worst. Well, thats my rant.

What?

EVERY race and culture has a dark past. There is not one that doesn't. It was part of modern society's development. as a mater of fact the word slave comes from the word sklabos meaning Slav. but that is another discussion.. let me focus on culture.

As for culture.. many whites have Nordic ancestry and what isn't to like about vikings?
Or you might be related to ancient celts. what about Plato or Aristotle ancient Greece? You are not looking very hard.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I empathize with you OP.
I felt the same way for many years.

But now I am part of a minority in SA and I've seen the racism, the misogyny and homophobia of other cultures. I've seen their ideas of fascist "freedom" and xenophobia.
It is violent and astounding, and it has little to no time for the liberal academy and the kind of "equality" it attempts to introduce. It only has time for liberalism when it bashes whites, and white women are increasingly victims too.
You have been taught from a slanted historical perspective of half-truths.
When the culture industry turns history around on an almost fascist basis, these untruths become especially salient.
We can take responsibility for the bad, without thinking ourselves unjustly superior or inferior.
But we can also take responsibility for the good, such as women's rights, gays rights, or accepting other peoples instead of expelling them, like what happened to minorities in many other non-white countries, like Uganda, Zanzibar or Zimbabwe.
To say we are uniquely bad and racist is also a form of racism that is built on a delusion of total power.

Find out about ancient Rome, and how the Germanic forest tribes were the first to resist the colonial system, enzoning, and exploitative capitalism.
Find out about white slavery and abolitionism.
Find out about patriarchy in Africa and other places, and how people today want to flee to the West.

We were also once communal tribal peoples, often sold-out by the inter-related bloodline Kings and especially Queens! They sold us into slavery for war, and populated entire continents stolen by monarchies and private companies with our prisoners and starving masses.

But where there is new oppression, there is new agency.
One can be proud to be a white male within the liberal paradigm.
The global rulers don't represent me because I am white, just as little as Robert Mugabe represents every black person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join