It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate being a white male!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I wish I was anything else. First of all, being white and male is the most boring choice of all. All the other cultures are so colorful and have long deep traditions. The only things white males have is oppression and a history of darkness. When I was in school I was so jealous of minorities who had these cool cultures they could identify with, they all seemed so special. When I looked at myself I could see nothing special, just another dumb suburban kid with a history of slavery, war, colonialism, and raping the earth behind him.

Since there was nothing I could be proud of about myself I tried to be different things...for awhile I wanted to be Buddhist, then I looked into Shamanism and some other traditions, but none of them felt sincere. I even tried to be gay lol that didn't work out too well. I had to accept that my destiny was the most shameful one...a white male! There is nothing to be proud of about it, nothing deep that I can hold onto, no traditions to savor. Instead I have to work on myself to get rid of the awful burden of my ancestors, who were literally the worst people this world has thrown up. Who ran the slave trade? White males. Who oppressed women? White males. Who killed the Jews? White males. So I have a responsibility to look in myself every day and make sure I never do what my forefathers did.

Well, I wish I was anything else but a white male but I'm stuck in the worst, most boring category of all and for culture all I have is McDonalds and swing music to look to while other people can draw on much deeper and more profound heritages. Whish there was something to do about it but I guess not. All I can do now is try to be a better person by giving up my advantages and letting people of color and women go ahead of me when I can, to make up for what I am...the worst of the worst. Well, thats my rant.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That was quite possibly the worst attempt at a wind up I've read in the last month....if you actually believe all that you should get a job writing for the Daily Mail....

link   
You are focusing on irrelevant stuff like heritage and other nonsense - not to say it almost sounds you are racist against yourself

To be proud, start with YOURSELF and not some heritage nonsense which is rather irrelevant. Be proud of what YOU are and what you make of yourself and not where and how you were born...

link   
bleh

U
edit on 14-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by USarmyFL because: delete

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

Oh yeah? Wanna know a great quality of being a white male? Tatoos look the best on us, they actually show color.

link   
Everything has its pros and cons. But being white you sure have alot more doors open then being those other "cultures" . You notice how the youth of other traditions try so hard to be white? and forget their culture , traditions , and sometimes even language.!

"Being a White Male: The Advantages, Disadvantages and Ambiguity"

voices.yahoo.com...

enjot white boi

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

If you were colored, you would wish you were white............

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Don't be so hard on yourself. You still have uhh...... uhhh...... oh who am I kidding, you have nothing!

Just kidding dude. Enjoy your life for who you are, and always do your best to be the best person you can be.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope the minority ATS members chime in on this one.
How tough it is to be a white guy!!!!!!!!

(Personally, I love it - my Louisiana/French/Irish/German/English heritage is awesome and very interesting - to me anyway)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My Friend
I am sure that the other culture's you mentioned could also list only negative aspects of their histories such as Africans selling other Africans into slavery, twenty million Chinese murdered by their own government, Jewish bankers financing both sides in various conflicts, Ethnically cleansing Turkey of Armenians, 9/11, or many other attrocious acts carried out by people that are not white.
So in the interests of balance I would point out that it was largely white males that built the civilised world as we know it, put the first man in space, and on the moon, conquered the wildernesses, explored the unknown world, began the concept of philanthropy, and social justice, set up the original charitable trusts, brought wealth through trade, scientific progress, healthcare, literature for all, free education, broke the sound barrier, and more.

Kind regards

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
My Friend
I am sure that the other culture's you mentioned could also list only negative aspects of their histories such as Africans selling other Africans into slavery, twenty million Chinese murdered by their own government, Jewish bankers financing both sides in various conflicts, Ethnically cleansing Turkey of Armenians, 9/11, or many other attrocious acts carried out by people that are not white.
So in the interests of balance I would point out that it was largely white males that built the civilised world as we know it, put the first man in space, and on the moon, conquered the wildernesses, explored the unknown world, began the concept of philanthropy, and social justice, set up the original charitable trusts, brought wealth through trade, scientific progress, healthcare, literature for all, free education, broke the sound barrier, and more.

Kind regards

Hogwash!
Hasn't fake revisionist history proved that the white man stole all those things!

but seriously, OP. Do a cursory study of history. All cultures have positives and negatives and most have a pretty rich tradition. And all have a history of violence and oppression. The last couple of centuries, Europeans & their descendents were just a little better at it. 100 years from now, some Chinese guy is going to be typing on a forum about how his people are so oppressive of those poor whites in North America.
No offense intended but.....please.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I haven't done the research but I can think of a few interesting white groups...

The druids and the celts? They were white I think and have rich traditions...

Vikings and seafaring must be in most white blood.

I was reading something recently which was stating the ancient Vedas were white people (I think, and could be wrong)

Many of the 'giants' and 'gods' of the past were supposedly white.

Maybe there's alot about white ancient history that's forgotten or suppressed anyway....

I'll bite though, being a white male can be a little frustrating.
Obviously it's hard to know what it's like not being oneself, but it feels like it's gotten harder on whitey.
I mean the feminist movement definitely overshot the equal mark on some counts, or in some cases.
Many jobs, grants, scholarships etc are geared towards anyone BUT a white male.

I dunno, maybe it is easier being a white male, but I haven't known any different... All I see is everyone expecting me to take case of business without any help like I've got some rich family or something, meanwhile minorities are better and better taken care of everyday...

Hopefully this post isn't as inflammatory as it maybe could be and my points came out right...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo Starchild
I wish I was anything else. First of all, being white and male is the most boring choice of all. All the other cultures are so colorful and have long deep traditions. The only things white males have is oppression and a history of darkness. When I was in school I was so jealous of minorities who had these cool cultures they could identify with, they all seemed so special. When I looked at myself I could see nothing special, just another dumb suburban kid with a history of slavery, war, colonialism, and raping the earth behind him.

Since there was nothing I could be proud of about myself I tried to be different things...for awhile I wanted to be Buddhist, then I looked into Shamanism and some other traditions, but none of them felt sincere. I even tried to be gay lol that didn't work out too well. I had to accept that my destiny was the most shameful one...a white male! There is nothing to be proud of about it, nothing deep that I can hold onto, no traditions to savor. Instead I have to work on myself to get rid of the awful burden of my ancestors, who were literally the worst people this world has thrown up. Who ran the slave trade? White males. Who oppressed women? White males. Who killed the Jews? White males. So I have a responsibility to look in myself every day and make sure I never do what my forefathers did.

Well, I wish I was anything else but a white male but I'm stuck in the worst, most boring category of all and for culture all I have is McDonalds and swing music to look to while other people can draw on much deeper and more profound heritages. Whish there was something to do about it but I guess not. All I can do now is try to be a better person by giving up my advantages and letting people of color and women go ahead of me when I can, to make up for what I am...the worst of the worst. Well, thats my rant.

You have been definately watching to much MTV. Their ajenda is to make us out to be exactly what you are discribing. I understand your butt is really sore from this long journey of discovery. Slave trade was/is across the color scale and is still practiced today. As for who oppressed women, it has historically been "all males". Whites treat their woman among the best in modern times. Maybe you wish you were radical Arab Islamist (except for the whole gay thing) who has a long history of stoning there women. Is that colorful enough for you?There is always the Africans who still practice witch hunts/burnings to this day, maybe you could try that colourful lifestyle.
1) The "American" slave trade was ran and managed by less than one percent of the whites of the time because most whites were just about as poor as the slaves. It wasn't invented by whites, only exploited. This is a divisive tool, you should know that.

2) Women- Already addressed above

3) Instead of asking who killed the jews (it was Germans not general "whites") why don't you ask yourself: Who saved the effing Jews????????? Who gave the Jews a state of their own? It was a bunch of good ol' white boys who came in and saved the day.

4) Who took the soul of the Black music from the 50's and ran it to Heaven because he did it so much better than anyone of any color, that's right a "white boy" named Elvis. Who took Rap to another stratospheric level from doing it "better" a "white boy" named Eminim. Even his friends Dre & 50 (black guys) (discriptions of color are for you because it seems to matter to you) says he is the best ever.

No one will ever be put ahead of me because of their race. It is insulting to them (someone of a different race than me) and myself to exhibit such arrogance that I feel so superior enough that I let them go ahead of me out of pity..??

Your post sounds like veiled racism. Every race has a dark point as well as light ones. Don't ever be sorry for your color, no matter the color, be sorry for having no self esteem or direction in your life.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
[SNIP]
2nd

X2

edit on 12/14/2011 by dbates because: Removed inflammatory remarks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why are people even responding to this thread in a serious manner?

Such an obvious troll.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesop
[SNIP]

Yeah well good luck with that

I could say the same for you, get over what ever personal issues you have. Sounds more like guilt coming from you than anything, did you not speak up when you thought you should have? At least i was contributing a solution and to the thread not criticise others about theirs.

Shall i get you a bucket?

edit on 14-12-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/14/2011 by dbates because: Removed inflammatory remarks

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Ok then go jump off a bridge. Yeah it must suck being part of the most dominant race, poor you. "white" people as you put it can be broken down into several groups. You can be polish, irish, german, italian, french blah blah blah. The problem is your ignorance is so far beyond belief which is causing you to hate yourself. I don't want you to be white either, it's a disgrace to the rest of us.

Jump off a bridge really? you guys are just never ending, like cockroaches. You sir based on your post are a very confused individual with lots of duality.

While I do not even like this post i'm finding myself fending off people trying to tell others to kill themselves.
You guys can shove your little smiley faces where the sun does not shine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join