It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Celebrates its 24th Anniversary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hamas Celebrates its 24th Anniversary.

A large replica of Jerusalem's Al Aqsa Mosque, built on the ruins of the biblical Jewish Temples, served as a backdrop. "Oh, Jerusalem, we are coming," read one of the banners.

And the peace loving people of Hamas:

Hamas' prime minister, Ismail Haniyeh, arrived as a band rallied the crowd in a chant of "We will not recognize Israel."
Addressing the crowd, Haniyeh called for continued armed struggle against Israel.

We affirm that armed resistance is our strategic option and the only way to liberate our land, from the sea to the river," he said. "God willing, Hamas will lead the people ... to the uprising until we liberate Palestine, all of Palestine."

but the highlight ofany successful rally, is declaring the achievements:

As part of its anniversary statement, Hamas said its militants have fired more than
11,000 rockets and mortar shells at Israel since 2000,
and that the group has killed more than 1,300 Israelis in scores of attacks since its founding.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I'm waiting for the hate brigade to tell us that Israel is the obstacle of peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Thought I'd add another quote from your article:

However, Hamas has largely stuck to an informal truce with Israel in recent months, and has tried to prevent other militant groups from firing rockets at Israel from Gaza. Rocket attacks on Israel have dropped sharply since a major Israeli military offensive against Hamas in the winter of 2008-2009.

i love your hate brigade remark, nothing loaded about that at all. Hamas does not speak for all, and their goal of retaking all of the land is just, well, just as insane as Israel trying to ethnically cleanse the region. It's not going to work, and is entirely illogical considering the circumstances.

But yes, Israel is completely innocent in this and just keeps being attacks by dirty Arabs every instant they are alive, the treatment of the people in Gaza by Israel has nothing to do with their willingness to elect and support a group advocating violence.

If you are so thick headed as to believe there is only one side to this story you are being foolish.

Hamas is part of the problem, Israel is the other part of the problem.

Hamas refuses to recognize the state of Israel, the state of Israel refuses to recognize their right to live.

both sides are the problem

Hate away

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Happy B-Day Hamas!

Hope the hangover isn't too bad in the morning

Today's terrorists are tomorrows freedom fighters.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that you refuse to accept the facts. You know damn well that the Israelis are the main reason peace hasn't been reached. Phisshy even pointed out that Hamas shares some of the blame, and I agree that they are partly to blame.

Even the American administration are telling Israel to "get to the damned table".

Pancetta says get to the damned table!

If Hamas is capable of adopting a peaceful approach, then the Israelis can grow the hell up. It takes two to tango and Israel is still pouting like a spoilled brat.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"We affirm that armed resistance is our strategic option and the only way to liberate our land, from the sea to the river," he said. "God willing, Hamas will lead the people ... to the uprising until we liberate Palestine, all of Palestine."

Sounds like they have the right idea! Their message is clear- they want liberation and end of the occupation, something I support, I am also glad they didn't say their message in a anti-semitic way. Because it really isn't about the jews or the israeli government, it's about the people living in Palestine.

Happy anniversary Hamas! I support you.
edit on 14-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I'm glad to see that you also noticed the obvious spin the OP tried to put on this news. The more peaceful approach Hamas adopts, the more propaganda and lies the Zionists emit.

The OP conveniently left out the Palestinian deaths at the hands of the IDF when he posted the numbers about rockets and dead Israelis. The Gazans aren't retarded. They know that one homemade rocket could cause the Israeli's to bomb important infrastructure such as a power plant or water facility.

The Gazans aren't Jew haters as the OP would like us to believe.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So predictable.

"We affirm that armed resistance is our strategic option and the only way to liberate our land, from the sea to the river,"

Let me put it again : “ armed resistance... the only way to liberate our land....from the river to the sea. “ and that sounds Peaceful to you?

And it means just that. A palestinian state from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean sea with no Israel there.
They call for the annihilation of the state of Israel, praise how many Jews they have killed, and you hate brigade celebrate it and call them freedom fighters.

And then you are puzzled why you are called Anti-Semites? If you had some balls, you wouldn't be hiding your real thoughts by disguising it with this “zionism this, Israel's government that” whining.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAMAS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dec' 2011 Hamas preacher:

Yeah, very peaceful.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And tomorrow they get a very merry un-birthday, to them!, how good is that???

Man, i wish i was HAMAS right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yes it is quite sad really. Israel should have crushed Hamas from the get go, instead of tacitly supporting it in order to counter the influence of Fatah.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I gave you a star because you are partially correct.

Whether or not Israel Supported Hamas in the past, I don't know. I never came across concrete evidence to confirm it. Never the less, Hamas did not start as a terrorist organization, but as charity body and counterpart to PLO, who at that time was the worst terror organization operating against Israel.
But yes, Israel should have crushed Hamas and other smaller groups years ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hopefully before their 25th, their 24th will be the last

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Dec' 2011 Hamas preacher:

Yeah, very peaceful.

Does anyone here speak Arabic so we can translate and prove the OP as the propaganda promoter that they are? What's with you Gravi? One propaganda video after another

You want to talk about racist people?

The Israelis in this video are the most bigoted racists I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My Arabic although rusty, is good enough to tell the translation is dead on accurate.
Please do not x-post irrelevant material here. This isn't one of your “Palestine exist 1,2,3” threads.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

And do you insist of sounding so foolish, calling it the OP's propaganda ?
Are you telling me this is the first time you encounter such hate and a calls to kill all Jews?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

DP/
Delete
edit on 15-12-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join