It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of having convictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have to release this. I'm looking for work while having been unemployed for 3 years almost. I am facing court procedures and eviction due to not being able to meet my financial commitments. My job is computer system administration by the way. Its quite a normal job and doesn't pay that great but I enjoy it and like to help where I can.

I am approached by a recruiter about a position available at a "medical institute". I can hear an alarm bell ringing faintly in the distance but recruiters being what they are, I do not know which company. I enquire as to the nature of their business and ask specifically if they have anything at all to do with animal research because that is one thing I vehemently refuse to have anything to do with, even if the company itself is not doing the research. The recruiter first says yes, then says "I'm just kidding!" I explain my position on the matter in friendly terms, and the fact I am vegetarian. Recruiter seems a little surprised at both statements but reassures me that is not their line of work. I send him my CV and await a reply.

You've got this far, I am sure you can guess the rest. He replies in a couple of days and tells me the name of the "company" and that they are looking to make a date for an appointment with me. Feeling slightly hopeful I go to their website, click on research and stone me, what do I see? Yup, connected to animal and cell research among other things. To double check, I Google a little and find even more info regarding said satanic practices and their participation in it. I politely mail the recruiter saying I want nothing to do with this job. He asks me to call him. I do so, inform him of the info on their own page and send him a link so he can look at it himself. With tears in my eyes I also decided to mail him the youtube links about the chimpanzees and beagles that were eventually released after a lifetime of enforced captivity and testing. I am sure he will not watch or want to but I felt compelled after being left in a tearful state (I'm sure he heard my quavering voice on the telephone!) and feeling like a worthless, helpless POS.

I don't know why it affects me so much, maybe because of the things I have seen but the uncontrollable rage this gives me just makes me want to push my fist through my unyielding cathode ray tube. Why are people so uninformed and uncaring?

Thanks for reading.
Respectfully yours,
An unemployed, layabout scumbag with conviction.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Interesting. I'm sorry it wasn't what you were wanting. I also wouldn't want to work for a company who was doing things against my morals and beliefs, so I applaud you for rejecting their proposal.

I'm curious to see the company's website. Would you post it in the thread or U2U me the link?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I appreciate you sticking to your guns regarding your beliefs. As long as you are dealing with the consequences of your decision on your own, and not expecting tax payers to subsidize your choice not to work, I applaud you.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
when i read the title i thought criminal convictions!don't worry about being unemployed,being lazy and feckless is great fun(i am an expert on this due to f***ing off work 12 years ago!)i respect your conviction and would have asked the lying recruiter how much a soul was worth (as he would know having sold his).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I actually paid my own taxes to enjoy the "benefits" I am now receiving. I've worked here for 17 years, been unemployed for 3. I know how much tax I have paid and it far outweighs what I have drawn from the system. I don't like standing there with my hand out. For the record, I hate being unemployed. I've spoken to one person these last 3 years so it is a lonely existence believe me.

Thank you for the replies everyone. The recruiter wasn't lying so much as just uninformed. He did ask me to send him a link to their site which I have done. Hopefully he will now at least be better informed as to the nature of his clients work.

U2U is on its way to Afterthought. Please do not post the company name on this thread, for my anonymity.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello again I think you made a very great choice and considering the huge amt. of people unemployed- realize this is draining also- hang in there I would hate to know any of these people with the satanic rituals and extremely inhumane practises on animals as I am an animal lover and despise these practices -I commend you on your choice also, send me a u2u as I also would like to know who and what -having knowledge of these companies and people is beneficial -

top topics

join