It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING*- 2011 TIME Magazine Person of the Year: THE PROTESTER

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just announced!
Time Magazine's person of the year is...
THE PROTESTER!

Time Magazine- THE PROTESTER- Person of the Year

From MSNBC-
TIME magazine reveals its Person of the Year 2011
TIME Magazine Reveals its Person of the Year 2011
On other candidates that were considered...

Polled online earlier this week, hundreds of TODAY.com readers came up with many other nominees for 2011, including late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, and SEAL Team 6, who killed Osama bin Laden.
Via Facebook, reader April Merenda said Jobs should be the choice “to make up for (TIME) not getting it right in 1984 as well as acknowledging his contribution to our global society and generations to come.” Reader ririjam suggested “the three women who just won the Nobel Peace Prize” or first lady Michelle Obama, who “has maintained grace and dignity.”
And TIME conducted its own poll last month, offering a list of 34 candidates that ranged from prominent political leaders to pop culture icons. TIME’s list included Casey Anthony, Herman Cain, Kim Kardashian, Steve Jobs, and such movements and groups as “The 99%” (and “The 1%”), and the international hacking collective Anonymous.
TIME also revealed the runners-up for 2011 Person of the Year on its website, TIME.com. Coming in No. 2 on the list is Admiral William H. McRaven, who organized the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden in May (a choice similar to the popular TODAY.com nominee SEAL Team 6).
The No. 3 choice is Ai Wei Wei, the Chinese conceptual artist and activist who helped design Beijing National Stadium for the 2009 Olympics — and was held incommunicado for 81 days and interrogated some 50 times by Chinese authorities last spring and summer while supporters around the world petitioned for his release.
No. 4 on TIME’s list is Rep. Paul Ryan, the Wisconsin Republican whom the magazine credits with bringing to the front of the national consciousness an issue that Washington was loath to confront: America’s ballooning national debt.
Advertise | AdChoices

And coming in No. 5: Duchess Kate. Having captured the attention and affection of millions, the magazine says, the former Kate Middleton is now “poised to reinvent celebrity with restraint.”

edit on 14-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

In a word, awesome.

In a sentence, I'm glad Time magazine have got their priorities... straighter then i would have guessed.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I'm lovin it McDonald's style

But I do think Steve Jobs deserved it also, all things considering.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Can't you see whats happening?

By showing the masses that the "protesters" are the "people of the year" gives them the idea to protest more!

Time magazine is just a tool by TPTB.

Remember, ORDO AB CHAO = Order out of Chaos. Problem -> Reaction -> Solution

Because this whole economic crisis is entirely engineered* , TPTB NEED more protests and riots so that they can provide their NWO solution when the masses are begging for one.

*It been 5 months now and they're still saying the same old BS that the Euro will collapse in a week if something is not done about it!

edit on 14-12-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

TPTB NEED protests so that they can provide their NWO solution when the masses are begging for one.

The people need protests to wake the rest of the world up to the NWO so we can stop them.

Don't forget "they" love dual or multi purpose systems. they want an NWO, and they know we don't. They know some will protest and attempt to stop them, so they both need the protests, to crack down on, and also need them to be minimalistic, so they spend massive amounts of time and money to make sure you understand protesting is a waste of time, un-american, helps THEM, and only a fraction of the radical fringe are doing it.

don't fall for it as it's still problem reaction solution. But this time, the protestors are creating the problem not TPTB, though they sure are getting a lot of credit for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg

Dont you think it is odd that people make such a big deal about Steve Jobs?
I think it says alot about the world that we celebrate a guy like Steve Jobs.
He was the enemy. And to put him in the same company as Edison is crazy if you ask me.
All he did was steal ideas,buy out the competition and rebrand existing technology. He may have been ggreat at exploiting people but I think we should forget about him. He stood for everything the protesters are against,even if some of them dont see that.
I think the 'protester' is a far more deserving winner of 'person of the year.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well, the plans for the NWO are already set for the year 2012, so its unlikely the people can stop it now...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Yeah, protesting is wrong!
I'm sure if we close our eyes and count to 10, all the bad things will go away and the world will fix itself.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yeah! Protest! Anarchy! Hate! Violence! That's what the world needs more of!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg

He did a lot of things, true. But he's already been on the front page yeah?

It's good to see the average person getting credit for once, considering the average person these days doesn't have much of a voice in comparison

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

and SEAL Team 6, who killed Osama bin Laden.

And that says it all, doesn't it. That the selected choice is not based in reality.

For me, the members of the Unit that went in and took care of OBL are far more deserving. IMO.

Well, let me put it this way. The OWS mention and grouping with protestors who actually fought for their freedoms-died in the street by being killed by its military-the military that was suppose to protect them. That just took away for any honor destowed.

The OWS people ARE NOT the same as the people in Egypt/Syria/ etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

and SEAL Team 6, who killed Osama bin Laden.

The OWS people ARE NOT the same as the people in Egypt/Syria/ etc etc etc.

Maybe so, but their intent is/was pure, and while the whole movement was largely misguided, they all had the same idea of equal wealth among the earth people.

As for the SEAL team, they were merely doing their jobs, taking orders. Not to mean any disrespect at all, and assuming bin laden is actually dead and the government hasn't lied about it in any sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Yeah! Protest! Anarchy! Hate! Violence! That's what the world needs more of!

Yeah! Because protesting is root of all hate and violence! Right?!
I know your joking

Anyway, I am happy with the choice. Last year, We The Internet, slammed Time's poll in support of Julian Assange for man of the year, but alas he did not get the nomination because most people beside internet nerds like me don't vote on those online polls. But this year makes up for it.

Glad to see support from Time.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Time is owned by the CIA. These awards are as fake as the suggestions I've seen in the comments above. I can't believe that anyone believes that OBL was killed by the Seals or that he had a bloody thing to do with 911. It's more unbelievable that people still think the award is handed out to a 'deserving' person.

The fact that the big plan calls for protesters is absolutely confirmed without a doubt by this cover, in my opinion. If protesting in the streets were to end, it wouldn't be the end of taking action to change our reality. It's just that protesting, as dramatic as it is, is not the way to do it. It only justifies more spending for the police and being armed to the teeth.

We need to SHUN them like the Native Americans shunned their power hungry leaders.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
the cover is one thing...if the content says "bla the protesters in the western world are puzzys and will change nothing"....millions of people will accept it and follow this order!!! i dont see any real positiv media reaction to the western protesters beside some lousy pro-statements like "yeah - thats nice...but will have no impact"...
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

I see your point. The protests are also being used by the Powers That Be. Take the G-20 for example. In Toronto, it was cause to import more than 20,000 cops AND they had numerous police boot & belt wearing agent provocateurs to make the protesters look violent, thus justifying the need for....MORE police.

There are other ways to change the world besides grabbing a sign and taking to the streets.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
reply to post by Hessdalen

I see your point. The protests are also being used by the Powers That Be. Take the G-20 for example. In Toronto, it was cause to import more than 20,000 cops AND they had numerous police boot & belt wearing agent provocateurs to make the protesters look violent, thus justifying the need for....MORE police.

There are other ways to change the world besides grabbing a sign and taking to the streets.

"There are other ways to change the world besides grabbing a sign and taking to the streets." I certainly agree with that, but I also think action is any kind is good on all fronts.

The problem is people are sheep. All the good info is not really talked about on TV on the nightly news. Sooo.. standing out on the street, putting up posters is really the only way to let most people know we are here. Unless you have a few million to drop on commercials or a nationwide mailer.. Most people do not research issues for themselves on the internet, which is a massive problem.

There are also more obvious ways of changing the world, like with community service, etc, which I promote, but I think some old fashioned protesting is necessary in the information war.
edit on 14-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think you're reading too much into it. I think this is more aimed at the Egyptians and others, this has been a great year for protests in the East.

This is a great thing as well because of the fact they deserve it better than the others. For examples, A team that didn't actually kill Bin Laden, Kate 'I got married this year' Middleton and Steve 'Chinese people kill themselves at my' Jobs. The protesters were the most deserving, they changed a lot.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That's awesome. Let's look at some more important Time "Person of the Year" recipients:

Adolph Hitler 1938
Joseph Stalin 1939 and 1942
Pope John XXIII 1962
Baby boomers 1966
The middle Americans 1969
American women 1975
Anwar Sadat 1977
Deng Xiaoping 1978
Ayatollah Khomeini 1979
The Computer 1982
The endangered Earth 1988
Pope John Paul II 1994
Newt Gingrich 1995
The American soldier 2003
You 2006
Barack Obama 2008
Ben Bernanke 2009

So welcome to the group "Protestor" looks like you're in some very interesting company

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
That's awesome. Let's look at some more important Time "Person of the Year" recipients:

Adolph Hitler 1938
Joseph Stalin 1939 and 1942
Pope John XXIII 1962
Baby boomers 1966
The middle Americans 1969
American women 1975
Anwar Sadat 1977
Deng Xiaoping 1978
Ayatollah Khomeini 1979
The Computer 1982
The endangered Earth 1988
Pope John Paul II 1994
Newt Gingrich 1995
The American soldier 2003
You 2006
Barack Obama 2008
Ben Bernanke 2009

So welcome to the group "Protestor" looks like you're in some very interesting company

This has been a government approved message.
edit
edit on 14/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join