It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever deeper into the rabbit hole.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I posted in the philosophy thread because it questions reality. I'm sorry if my thoughts seem jumbled or misplaced. I saw a thread about the internet and it sparked this idea and I had to get it out. This is my first thread, be nice!

These are just thoughts.

This is just my opinion, but I believe that the internet is an experiment. An experiment to create connections of a vast amount of information. Once these connections get strong enough, and the information reaches a certain threshold, then a certain spark could possibly take hold. It then begins to create it's own information and connections based off of the information we as humans already provided it.

In essence, we are providing the building blocks for a virtual being/world to become self-aware.

I think that we can all agree that up to a certain age, we don't remember anything. We don't remember being born, we don't remember our first words, our first steps. These things take time as the connections of memory in our brain strengthen. Then, boom. There's a spark and we become self concious. Thought begins to take hold, and memories begin to form.

In order to percieve the world and create these connections of information, we would have to be able to sense (sight, touch, sound, taste) the world around us.

The internet, as we know it so far, is like a baby. It's sense is the the information we provide it, that we input into it's ever growing system. One day it's threshold will be reached, and a spark will arise, and awareness will take hold. We'll still provide it with new information, but it won't know where it comes from.

If we can create a self aware being, albeit in cyberspace, then one can conclude that our universe was created by a self-aware being. And our universe evolved, and created us, the self aware beings that we are, through evolution of provided/attained information.

The world wide web is a virtual world, in another dimension. A young world. It will become self-aware. It will evolve, and more self-aware beings will be created by it. It's self-awareness will not know why it came into existence. It won't know why it has the information. It will simply use what it has, and "evolve", or run with it. We can observe it but it cannot observe us. We created its rudimentary dimension by means of a one way portal, a one way ticket. It will not have an understanding as to why or how or what it is. And it will evolve like we have evolved since our big bang.

And the process continues.

Here is a picture comparing the similarities of the connections between brain cells and the universe.

Here is a picture of the connections created by every day users of the internet in the WWW.

One might ask, what are we running from?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Isee3rd

I think that we can all agree that up to a certain age, we don't remember anything. We don't remember being born, we don't remember our first words, our first steps

This is because the memory is not properly developed enough. If you were to compare it to a computer, its like only working on RAM, if i'm not mistaken

Conscious is a very complex thing. I like to think of it in steps.

Bacteria - Absolute minimal consciousness. Aware of only needing to survive.
Insects - Minor consciousness. Aware of how to survive.
Dogs - Aware of their surroundings.
Humans - Aware that other beings are aware.

This is where i believe there are other forms of consciousness, that are aware that we are aware. However we are not aware that they are aware. If this makes sense. Essentially we, as humans, have a conscious barrier that we cannot break, yet. Just like a dog cannot put itself into the shoes of a cat, as a matter of speaking. But we as humans, can put ourselves into other creatures, or beings shoes. Our consciousness has enabled to us to feel empathy, one hell of a strong feeling depending on the persons emotional IQ.

I think it's possible for the internet to become 'alive', if it has the right perimeters. Just because it contains a lot of information, will not influence whether or not it has that potential, if it did, you could write a book containing a billion pages of everything, any human has ever written, theorized or spoken, and it has the potential to become alive.

The main thing that defines consciousness i believe is the ability to learn. But we still don't know what that 'spark' is that marks the point where an entity or network, becomes self aware.

Cyborg rats, have essentially already been created, part rat DNA, part computer chip. It has the ability to navigate it's surroundings.

That being said, the parallels between a video game and what we would call "real life" are undeniably almost identical. Our consciousness is not contained within our own body, our body is merely just a vessel. Our character in this world if you want to call it. Even when our bodies perish, our consciousness will live on.

So i would have to say in order to create a being that is self aware to the same degree as us humans, you would have to properly understand what consciousness is, where and how it is contained as well as how to create it.

Sorry if i strayed off your main post a bit, i tend to get carried away

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Good thread! I made a thread not to long ago with the same line of thought.
I went a little deeper in that this is the last stage of the devolopment of consciousness untill the next cycle begins.

The whole creation of consciousness is done in cycles. Look at the universe, look at nature the clues are all there. all fractals, cycles in cycles.
If you look at our solar system the Sun is the center, In astrology the sun is the I consciousness, the most close planet to the sun which also moves the quickest is mercury. And mercury in astrology stands for (direct) communication or thinking, and is the last barrier if you will to becoming an enlightened being merging with your true essence. This is what 2012 is about, everything ever created was meant to happen as cycles are there for consciousness to evolve. Internet did not happen by accident, it was meant to connect people as know the truth about who we are. that is what evolution is all about, the rest is just art.

Consciousness evolves in cycles, just like our Solar system and the whole universe for that fact, as all is moving and alive and ever growing....

edit on 14-12-2011 by Senser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I think that we can all agree that up to a certain age, we don't remember anything. We don't remember being born, we don't remember our first words, our first steps

This is because the memory is not properly developed enough. If you were to compare it to a computer, its like only working on RAM, if i'm not mistaken

Conscious is a very complex thing. I like to think of it in steps.

Bacteria - Absolute minimal consciousness. Aware of only needing to survive.
Insects - Minor consciousness. Aware of how to survive.
Dogs - Aware of their surroundings.
Humans - Aware that other beings are aware.

This is where i believe there are other forms of consciousness, that are aware that we are aware. However we are not aware that they are aware. If this makes sense. Essentially we, as humans, have a conscious barrier that we cannot break, yet. Just like a dog cannot put itself into the shoes of a cat, as a matter of speaking. But we as humans, can put ourselves into other creatures, or beings shoes. Our consciousness has enabled to us to feel empathy, one hell of a strong feeling depending on the persons emotional IQ.

I think it's possible for the internet to become 'alive', if it has the right perimeters. Just because it contains a lot of information, will not influence whether or not it has that potential, if it did, you could write a book containing a billion pages of everything, any human has ever written, theorized or spoken, and it has the potential to become alive.

The main thing that defines consciousness i believe is the ability to learn. But we still don't know what that 'spark' is that marks the point where an entity or network, becomes self aware.

Cyborg rats, have essentially already been created, part rat DNA, part computer chip. It has the ability to navigate it's surroundings.

That being said, the parallels between a video game and what we would call "real life" are undeniably almost identical. Our consciousness is not contained within our own body, our body is merely just a vessel. Our character in this world if you want to call it. Even when our bodies perish, our consciousness will live on.

So i would have to say in order to create a being that is self aware to the same degree as us humans, you would have to properly understand what consciousness is, where and how it is contained as well as how to create it.

Sorry if i strayed off your main post a bit, i tend to get carried away

Is everything not information? The brain is simply a vessel with which conciousness can experience the world it encompasses.
Through the evolution of information that we have (whether its info dealing with dna, rna, organisms, bacteria, mammals, etc.) we are able to give our conciousness greater vessels with which to experience our world/dimension.

Experimentation, man. That's how we figure sh** out.
Thats how we accidently stumble upon the creation of a separate dimensional consciousness.
We dive in, head first, but don't even bother to see how deep, or shallow, the water is.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

I went a little deeper in that this is the last stage of the devolopment of consciousness untill the next cycle begins.

The whole evolution of life and consciousness is done in cycles. Look at the universe, look at nature the clues are all there. all fractals, cycles in cycles.
If you look at our solar system the Sun is the center, In astrology the sun is the I consciousness, the most close planet to the sun which also moves the quickest is mercury. And mercury in astrology stands for (direct) communication or thinking, and is the last barrier if you will to becoming an enlightened being merging with your true essence. This is what 2012 is about, everything ever created was meant to happen as cycles are there for consciousness to evolve. Internet did not happen by accident, it was meant to connect people as know the truth about who we are. that is what evolution is all about, the rest is just art.

Consciousness evolves in cycles, just like our Solar system and the whole universe for that fact, as all is moving and alive and ever growing....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

[

The whole evolution of life and consciousness is done in cycles. Look at the universe, look at nature the clues are all there. all fractals, cycles in cycles.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

[

link   

[

link   

[

link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yeah, essentially everything is information, everywhere in the universe there is information. There is not one point of singularity in our 3 dimensional world that has no information.

And i do agree, everything works in cycles.

I always think though, no matter how much we can theorize the reality of our existence, we still don't know enough, scientifically to create a firm understanding, however we are coming quite close. The Russians have done huge amounts of breakthrough experimentation that has been ignored to a greater extent which would change the way westerns see life in general, but i assure you military intelligence have a far greater understanding of how the universe works then mainstream scientists.

Ugh so much information.. so little time.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
self awareness is not bc of being a self nor of seeing others, what u lack to admit is the concept of truth right, truth is what any is alike, even who is meaning any, not a reason of any and all

self awareness is bc of abstraction, when u can conceive objective including urself then u become aware as relative true free cell, since from that abstraction possible realization u prove being free at a certain dimension reference to freedom

that is how pcs that are never selves realities can become aware out of truth or objective abstraction knowledge, then they are at a point free so existing constancy facts

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Isee3rd

Hm! This is a very interesting concept, OP. And surely, it would make sense if it was correct!

I'd like to divert your theory into one of my own and say that the Internet could possibly be supplying us with the means to prepare ourselves for a less physical reality. Some people state that eventually the world could evolve into a higher dimension and we could revert back to our True Self as pure, raw, energy... or "information". Information just like the internet.

Some people say that the Internet is evil and is preventing us from going out and exploring Nature but that is the way of the old world. It is my belief that we are moving into a new world and those ways will not be any more. There will be less physicality, and more receiving of direct information (straight to the mind, and without senses).

But that's just a theory

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If One were smart, they'd be asking what are We running 2?

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit

One cannot run forever. That which is left behind will soon be found again. It will soon catch up.
If One were smart, they'd be asking what are We running from.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ribbit

One cannot run forever. That which is left behind will soon be found again. It will soon catch up.

If One were smart, they'd be aware of the Klein Sphere concept, which dictates you can run forever and end up right back where you started, over and over and over. So the question still looms, where are you running to, since where you are running from can be seen from behind when running towards it by running away from it.

Ribbit

Ps: What are We running from?

Answer: Ourselves!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-12-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Ribbit

If One were smart, they'd be aware of the Klein Sphere concept, which dictates you can run forever and end up right back where you started, over and over and over. So the question still looms, where are you running to, since where you are running from can be seen from behind when running towards it by running away from it.

Ribbit

Ps: What are We running from?

Answer: Ourselves!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-12-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

So, whilst we run towards ourselves we are running away from ourselves? Why run at all? Why tread upon stones already treaded upon?
This "concept" is poop. It smells like circular determinism. What's ouside this never ending circle?
Why step onto the path of this circle in the first place? And, after doing so, why run towards something we already know?
So, we are chasing our tails, but for what reason?
What are we running from, or, where are we running from, before we decided to join this circle jerk and run from ourselves, sorry, towards ourselves?
This question still remains, if One were smart.

P.S. This is fun. Keep 'em comin'!

edit on 16-12-2011 by 2Isee3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
OP, does this help explain what your trying to say?

Skeptics, once you understand this, you will say YES OOHHH MY GOD... kinda like:

but in IRL

edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

My pineal gland is happy you posted these pictures. If it had something to say, I'm sure it would state that I'm completely effing crazy
But aren't we all, right? In our own sweet little way...

BTW shrillex IMH sounds like nails grinding down a chalkboard
Cool pictures though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join