It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Plan to Impose No-Fly Zone over Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Stop the "war for oil" nonsense. Please tell me, how much oil has the US received from Iraq or Afghanistan?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here we go again. We had total silence from the "everything west is evil" brigade about what is going on in Syria. Then as soon as noises about intervention are made we hear the same old record : Lying west, misunderstood Arab leader, nice Russians, nice Chinese, evil NATO etc etc

Jesus H!!! Let me guess China has never oppressed anybody, there are no political prisoners, nobody gets put in jail for 20 years for saying the wrong thing, Tibet is a very free country overrun by mindless Bhuddist terrorists, Putin is a really really nice guy who believes in openness and freedom, the protestors in Russia are NATO paid stooges, Chechnya is overrun by muslim terrorists intent on destroying Russia, The stories coming out of Syria BEFORE the recent uprisings were all NATO lies, UN lies , amnesty international lies and BBC lies.

Give the mindless paranoia a rest and hope that the people of Syria can be free of tyrannical dictator. There are a few more to follow.....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
Yet another step towards another war.

I say we make our leaders that want this war go and fight it themselves.

I mean they aren't fighting these wars FOR us. They're waging them over oil, over money, and over power. Things that will benefit THEM, not US.

And all the while they're imposing new bills and laws to "protect" us from terrorists, when really they're just stripping us of our rights and putting on a smoke and mirrors show to make us feel protected.

Little fact here, the PUBLIC is more efficient at capturing terrorists than the TSA is. Its all smoke and mirrors people..

These men are traitors to the very country they're sworn to protect.

Throw them in one of their detention centers and throw away the key.

I no doubt believe we will be in yet another war by the end of January, announced or not, there will be war.

OH, and sitting off the coast of a country and bombing them IS an act of war.

edit on 14-12-2011 by dannotz because: add sumfin

Here you go! absolutely brilliant!
Frankie goes to Hollywood! I always make some reference to this song when it comes to wars!

www.youtube.com...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Get the B.O.B's ready cause with all the rumblings lately, war is soon, and its not gonna be nice. If they do this Russia will not stand for it Syria is simply to valuable to just let them have it. If NATO uses the "Arab Allies" then the Russians will get down with us and its on! FEMA spots are already warming up and I wonder if they have a ATS wing in one of those...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am completely lost I apologize... So are we friends with Syria? Who are we allies with - as in the United States? Where are all these wars coming from I never see anything on Fox about tthem

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
We should all know what a "no-fly zone" means...
it means we're going to fly above you and drop bombs on your buildings.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ive been seeing news about this for months....whatever.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by angelchemuel

I think my statement is worded poorly, what I mean was China/Russia vs US/NATO then NATO would wipe the floor with them.

I think someone's living in dreamland...or America!!!

2nd!

I am...(in America), and I know if worst case scenario, we have a whole bunch of nuke plants right down wind from you Scotland... And we get bombed you get soft nuked...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Keep in mind Russia AND China AND a number of others. Nobody can WIN in west vs east.

If the west is determined, Russia will avoid causing WW3 and back out.

In fact, Russia might actually help the west dismantle the syrian regime.
edit on 14-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Obama trying to get reelected again. He is gonna stage a false flag on a us ship or craft and drag us unto another war and then anyone who complains can be locked up under the new permanent detention of us citizen act

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Check the astrological chart for 2012-2015.It indicates that Russia will not back down this time.You have provoked Putin by trying to overthrow his govt.He won't back down now.Things will get worse.Astrological analysis indicates a powerful configuration of planets and they are best for Russia and worst for USA.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But but ... Russia and China said NO

Why the USA dont let them put a no fly zone
it is just beside them

UN should discuss about suggesting the idea to them

US like to be portrayed has a savior
when the goal is totaly the opposite

a no fly zone in Syria will mean WW3
does Israel and USA want a big world war ?
i guess they are putting all their hope on their nukes
ready to launch them like they did in Vietnam

When a evil predator taste the blood or a innocent .. it want more
edit on 12/15/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
Stop the "war for oil" nonsense. Please tell me, how much oil has the US received from Iraq or Afghanistan?

That line is also a pet peeve of mine. They fail to research the situation. If they did they would find our largest oil supplier is Canada.

Source

The US imports almsot 70% of our oil from the following 5 countries -
Canda
Saudi Arabia
Mexico
Venezuela
Nigeria

As for amounts Saudi Arabia exported 1,017 (thousand barrels per day) for all of 2010, making our dependance on "Mid east oil" about 25%-30%, and thats only coming from one nation. Kuwait and Iraq are on the list near the mid to bottom. They are outdone by countries such as Columbia and Brazil.

One of the interesting quirks about the eeconomy in the US right now is it has made the US an exporter of refined gasoline.

As far as the continued argument about war for oil, its the only argument left from people who dont do any research on the topic. Its easier to just point fingers and hope no one notices the lack of supporting documentation for the accusation.

In other words they are using the exact same play the dictators use in the countries they accuse the US of invading for oil.

Ironic if you ask me....
edit on 15-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well, the US has been involved now in 2 world wars, both of which were started not by the US, but other countries who felt appeasement was safer than actually taking a stand and saying no. We didnt want to get involved in the 1st 2 world wars since it did not concern us. We saw how well that worked out didnt we?

2 world wars is more than enough, and since apparently everytime the world goes to hell in a handbasket, the world screams for Us involvement while at the same time screaming about US involvement.

We would rather deal with a problem sooner, rather than having to mobilize for a 3rd world war.

if you really feel that way towards the US though, then how about you start a tour of Europe and Asia and start working on refunding the money the US wrote off by rebuilding Europe and Asia (Japan). With our economy the way it is, we can use that money to help ourselves rather than other countries.would bitch because we act and bitch because we dont and bitch because they want more and more from us.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

we can use that money to help ourselves rather than other countries.

Totally agree with you on that

Once US cut the billions to Israel (tax payers money)
more then enough to help Americans in a though economic recession

Give those billions to africa ... millions of people are dying there
because they have nothing to eat and many deceases that america can cure
every dollars really counts when money are well spended
to help others .. it worth the world

I though the US would be the real Hero everyone thinks
that always defend the victim ... by killing others ??
it is not the way of a hero

Why spending more on a useless trillion dollars
military budget made to dominate the world for someone else (guess who)

I love the US .. im Canadian

lovely people .. but evil corrupted governement

Most powerfull country in the world that can have the faith of Earth on their hands

This power is being wasted by the corruption
nothing will come good of it unless we elect RON PAUL

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No I mean stop ALL foreign aid. Although I always find the Israeli argument particulalry humerous, especially on this site.

As for the baited comment on Israel though sure, I support ending all foreign aid to Israel, so long as all foreign aid is ended to all M.eE.countries, including Hamas, Fatah, Hezzbullah etc etc etc. Absent that, tough matza balls.

When the Syrian government goes the way of the Calligual, hopefully the Syrian people will get a government that represents them. Hopefully they can find peace with Israel and mvoe forward. With Syria out of the picture its one less supporter for Hamas / Fatah / Hezzbullah, etc.

Or do you agree with the manner the Syrian government is treating its people?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Ben81

No I mean stop ALL foreign aid. Although I always find the Israeli argumenting particulalry humerous, especially on this site.

As for the baited comment on Israel though sure, I support ending all foreign aid to Israel, so long as all foreign aid is ended to all M.eE.countries, including Hamas, Fatah, Hezzbullah etc etc etc. Absent that, tough matza balls.

When the Syrian government goes the way of the Calligual, hopefully the Syrian people will get a government that represents them. Hopefully they can find peace with Israel and mvoe forward. With Syria out of the picture its one less supporter for Hamas / Fatah / Hezzbullah, etc.

Or do you agree with the manner the Syrian government is treating its people?

Help to other are Peanuts compare to the billions it give to the zionist regime
when it come to save the face helping a country really in need after a big disaster
they give a small amount and sometime they say they give it .. but the other part never receive it

It is just to save the face
most of the time the word GIVE ends in the newspaper
and from the mouth of all reporter telling official told them they will give a few hundred thousand dollars ..2 millions max

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Actually its not.. Please research the difference between military aid and foreign aid. There is a difference contrary to popular belief, and the 2 are exclusive to each other.

Any chance I can get you to comment on the Syria question I asked?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Actually its not.. Please research the difference between military aid and foreign aid. There is a difference contrary to popular belief, and the 2 are exclusive to each other.

Well all leaders of today are not Mini Ron Paul
Powerfull Leaders have many skeletons in their closet
to remain elected or to have a many decades dictatorship
oppressing anyone who critic them

But it is NOT in the US interest and in the World interest
to interfer in another nations conflicts at such critical time
look how badly it went in Irak and Libya
But they are not Syria backed by Iran who is backed by Russia and China

UN should speak with the Russian, Chinese counterpart
proposing them a no fly zone by their own regional ally
it is the only solution for Syria and to avoid a WW3

US with NATO are NOT the solution
many will die on both side

US is already an enemy of this Region..
it wouldnt be neutral and civilians are pure collateral damages....expendable

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

reply to post by Ben81

Well all leaders of today are not Mini Ron Paul
Powerfull Leaders have many skeletons in their closet
to remain elected or to have a many decades dictatorship
oppressing anyone who critic them

But it is NOT in the US interest and in the World interest
to interfer in another nations conflicts at such critical time
look how badly it went in Irak and Libya
But they are not Syria backed by Iran who is backed by Russia and China

UN should speak with the Russian, Chinese counterpart
proposing them a no fly zone by their own regional ally
it is the only solution for Syria and to avoid a WW3

US with NATO are NOT the solution
many will die on both side

US is already an enemy of this Region..
it wouldnt be neutral and civilians are pure collateral damages....expendable

We've made ample request. Simular to the Chinese and Russian governments. Look how well that worked out for us in NK???

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join