It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Plan to Impose No-Fly Zone over Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
GITMO

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by jrmcleod

If you think the US are lying about an agreement with Saudi Arabia, do you not think that they would be on Al Jazeera denying these reports? The arab league have unaminiously said that Asad needs to be stopped, not everything is a conspiracy.

Ahem...excuse me but Al Jazeera! Pleeeease! Financed in this country by one Sir David Frost....look into his links. And as to the Arab league, they are still trying to resolve this without conflict and through that old fashioned term detant. That is why I was surprised by the OP's thread...thought what has changed so quickly in less than 24 hours?

Slightly off topic....but we should be keeping an eye on Venezuela too. Just yesterday Israel started making noises....yep Israel of all places trying to say Venezuela had delivered some missile or something to Iran.
Venezuela very quickly came out with denial and retort

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You know if this was for "humanitarian" reasons they could have done this 3 months ago, or 3 years. How many wars is this for the peace prize winner? I lost count after Yemen.
edit on 14-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by angelchemuel

I think my statement is worded poorly, what I mean was China/Russia vs US/NATO then NATO would wipe the floor with them.

Maybe.....but I think you'll find there are a few other countries that can be added to the Russia/China alliance. Yes I said Alliance as they recently signed a pact of some sort. China already have agreements with Afghanistan (next door to Syria) Indonesia, Thailand and Malaisia......the borders have and still are being drawn up.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I thought it was well established that any action would have to be done through the Arab League, because Russia and China would veto.
It also seems logical that a no-fly zone would be the first action to take.

Here's an interesting concept...
The Arab League agrees a no-fly zone, Russia retaliates in defense of Syria, the UN kicks Russia out, America is "dragged" into "defending the Arab League".

This would allow a weakening of the Arab League, much of the world to be against Russia, the USA to say that it had a "noble cause" in defending the League...

Yeah, there are thousands of ways this could all play out, and China is still a bit of an unknown.
I doubt we'll see anything dramatic happen on this for a while, at least not while Russia is paying their little visit.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

what kind of nonsensical contribution is this.Russia has bio/nuclear weapons in thousands and Chinese have hundreds of nuclear weapons.It will be mass destruction on both sides.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

It is impossible to kick Russia out.

Secondly if war escalates the entire arab world will cease to exist as it will be target of russian nuclear and biological weapons and so will the West.Even Russia will be destroyed most probably unless they have some secret weapons or the rumors about underground cities are true.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Its no surprise that the Mainstream Media want to paint a negative picture of Russia on how they are "opposed to freedom and democracy" for not intervening in Syria.

Pathetic really.

Yeah i bet John McCain is dancing over this
I hope if a war does break Russia will kick NATO and stop John McCain in its tracks i know what i am saying is a bit crazy but hoesntly i am sick of NATO bullying countries.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Arab League denies it plans to impose no-fly zone in Syria (DPA)

So I guess war is off... for now.

I think the Arab league can state that since they aren't the ones discussing the no fly. That was between the US and a few Arab countries. Although I suspect they would condemn in public and praise in private for nipping the Syria issue in the bud.

Now what we need to watch is Syria and Iran's response to a no fly.

Syria is supposedly going to let slip the dogs of war...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Al Jazeera is based in Doha and is directly funded by the Quatari royal family.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
the plan is for january or february to set no fly zone... very near

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anyone have any credible news on this? Ive been seeing threads like this for weeks or months and still nothing. Im thinking this is just more ATS hype from dubious websites.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Hey man. US ground forces not involved majorly, locals taking care of their own problems, and cheap as hell compared to the Iraq war?

I say go ahead. This is how you fight proper wars as a superpower. You don't go gung ho. You advise and offer your opinion, with some indirect aid. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
PS
Iran has always been considered "The Jewel in the Crown" for what I call a hostile take over by the west. For the life of me I cannot figure out where this whole 'big plan' is going and why Iran plays such an integral part. It's more than oil and natural resources looking at the map

Increasing Islamic militancy and calling out the Madhi?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Can some one post another source for this information??

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My money is on the media trying to create war for better ratings. I still don't understand how anyone can view RT as a reliable news source. They started on Youtube for crying out loud, but whatever. Interesting they aren't reporting much on there own countries turmoil.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think that NATO for sure has better naval assets and air assets than the Russian/Chinese alliance, but should this war happen I feel like china will be the sleeping giant. Imagine turning all that industrial capacity from making trinkets to making war material. They could probably hold off any conventional offensives by NATO while building naval and air assets and modernizing their armies. Hell, if they get lucky they could turn some NATO fleets into radioactive dust. This thing will be far from one sided

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to Russian aircraft carrier and othr ships off Scottish coast. Includes piccy's and video

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
My friend txt me last night to watch UK Sky news. Russian ship 30 miles off Scottish coast heading for Syria. When I switched on the TV, the report had gone and was not repeated....sudden news blackout even here in the UK?

Rainbows
Jane
S&F

I've heard a few people say that theirs been a blackout about this report but I found it on their site, it just took a little while to find it.

news.sky.com...

It's their, its just didnt last as breaking news for very long.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yet another step towards another war.

I say we make our leaders that want this war go and fight it themselves.

I mean they aren't fighting these wars FOR us. They're waging them over oil, over money, and over power. Things that will benefit THEM, not US.

And all the while they're imposing new bills and laws to "protect" us from terrorists, when really they're just stripping us of our rights and putting on a smoke and mirrors show to make us feel protected.

Little fact here, the PUBLIC is more efficient at capturing terrorists than the TSA is. Its all smoke and mirrors people..

These men are traitors to the very country they're sworn to protect.

Throw them in one of their detention centers and throw away the key.

I no doubt believe we will be in yet another war by the end of January, announced or not, there will be war.

OH, and sitting off the coast of a country and bombing them IS an act of war.

edit on 14-12-2011 by dannotz because: add sumfin

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join