It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: US Plan to Impose No-Fly Zone over Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

BREAKING: US Plan to Impose No-Fly Zone over Syria

Obama, Arab allies eye no-fly zone that could ‘paralyze’ Syrian military

The United States has drafted a plan with its Arab allies to establish a no-fly zone over Syria.
Western diplomatic sources said the administration of President Barack Obama has reached agreement with Saudi Arabia and other Arab allies to impose measures meant to topple the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad. The Syrian military can be paralyzed in less than 24 hours,” a European source told the Kuwaiti daily Al Rai Al Aam on Nov. 22.

More info in the post below.
edit on 14-12-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Heres a quote from the article in the post above:

“The Syrian military can be paralyzed in less than 24 hours,” a European source told the Kuwaiti daily Al Rai Al Aam on Nov. 22.

Now where have I heard that BS before?

Looks like something might kick off before this year is over, folks.

Doesn't help that NATO troops are already surrounding Syria to prepare for another "humanitarian" invasion on the grounds of spreading "freedom and democracy".

US troops surround Syria on the eve of invasion?

A former official from within the ranks of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is reporting that US and NATO forces have landed outside of Syria and are training militants to overthrow the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
Whistleblower Sibel Edmonds, formerly a translator with the FBI, wrote over the weekend that American soldiers are among the NATO troops that have mysteriously and suddenly landed on the Jordanian and Syrian border. According to her, several sources internationally have confirmed the news, although the US media has been instructed to temporarily censor itself from reporting the news.

And Russia has its Navy stationed near Syria...

Russian Navy Squadron Reportedly En Route To Mediterranean

Russian news agencies have quoted defense officials as saying a Russian Navy squadron has set off for the Mediterranean. The officials said the squadron, including the heavy-aircraft-carrying cruiser "Admiral Kuznetsov," is to make a call at the Russian base in the Syrian port of Tartus.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wait, don't tell me how it ends! Sorry, seen it...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My friend txt me last night to watch UK Sky news. Russian ship 30 miles off Scottish coast heading for Syria. When I switched on the TV, the report had gone and was not repeated....sudden news blackout even here in the UK?

Rainbows
Jane
S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
ww3 anyone?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Its no surprise that the Mainstream Media want to paint a negative picture of Russia on how they are "opposed to freedom and democracy" for not intervening in Syria.

Pathetic really.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
ww3 anyone?

No, I wish people would stop fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Russia just recently delivered the high-tech air defence systems that Syria ordered in 2007, which have now been deployed. Also, they have people on the ground as well as ships in Syrian waters already, ahead of the planned visit by their carrier. I wonder too, if this goes to the UN Security Council for a vote, then isn't it a given that Russia, possibly China too, will veto it?
It's also way off the mark of NATO's remit. Their existence was never to act as an offensive military force, but as a defensive one. I guess operations in Afghanistan and Libya show their new role, which appears to be a political, corporate and banking enforcer! Mmm... reminds me of ol' Smedley Butler's comments!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Arab League denies it plans to impose no-fly zone in Syria (DPA)

So I guess war is off... for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If thats true then I guess we just got tricked by mainstream media fearmongering BS!

But as you said, war is off...for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Deutsche Presse-Agentur

Arab League denies it plans to impose no-fly zone in Syria

Dec 14, 2011, 11:21 GMT

www.monstersandcritics.com/news/middleeast/news/article_1680731.php

Cairo - Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi on Wednesday denied media reports that the pan-Arab organization plans to impose a no-fly zone in Syria.

'I am surprised about such inaccurate reports at a time when efforts and contacts are still under way to remove the obstacles to allowing Arab monitors into Syria and ensure the success of providing an Arab solution (to the Syrian crisis),' he told reporters in Cairo.

Al-Arabi, however, expressed concerns over an increase in violence in Syria in the past few days.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

It's a long way of answering your question, Peter. Six weeks after 9/11, I went down to the office of one of the joint staff generals, and he said, sir -- I said you told me a couple -- three weeks ago we're going to invade Iraq. And that didn't make any sense. Are we still invading Iraq? By this time, we were bombing in Afghanistan.

He said, "Oh, it's worse than that," he said. He held up a piece of paper. He said, "This is a memo that says, you know, all the countries on the target list; it's a five-year campaign plan, and it's Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Libya, Sudan and Somalia."

Iraq: The way forward - A coversation with general Wesley Clark - CFR.org
Well, they're definitely off timeline - but Iraq done, Libya done...are we currently playing around in Sudan and Somalia on the down low?...Lebanon and Iran to come (according to other discussions with Clark, Iran is last).

God, I'm so tired of these people. No-fly is basically undeclared war, and usually a precursor to declared war.

edit on 12/14/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'll see if I can find the 'intel' I saw on the net...they are indeed already 'having a go' in Somalia and Sudan. American troops are in Kenya helping the Kenyan military who have already crossed borders into both countries. There is another country too, think it's Ethiopia if so then Sudan and Somalia are pretty much already 'boxed off' as they say.

Rainbows
Jane

PS
Iran has always been considered "The Jewel in the Crown" for what I call a hostile take over by the west. For the life of me I cannot figure out where this whole 'big plan' is going and why Iran plays such an integral part. It's more than oil and natural resources looking at the map.
edit on 14-12-2011 by angelchemuel because: added PS

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well according to China and Russia's recent statements that is a decleration of war against their nations. Lets see if they hold out on their threats or if it was empty as we all suspect. China may be growing and USA may be weaker than they have been but they are still far superior a power to either China or Russia and even combined with NATO's backing they would still prevail.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think its a case of the MSM has been ordered to report that the Arab League and the US have "agreed" this when they haven't, simply for support from the public for Obama. We all know how much Obama wants into Syria and every other Oil wealthy country. I just wish one country would actually stand up to the US instead of running in fear every time.

This whole propaganda and lies about Arab countries is getting beyond a joke! If i was Putin i'd send more than a few ships to Syria...and I'd ask china for help. This Middle East and African take over needs to stop!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

NATO is America's 'secondary' army...done deal!
As for UN....America and UK already told them to go ....well you know what when they went into Iraq. No mediation left NATO/US already ARE the new global army in my book.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

If you think the US are lying about an agreement with Saudi Arabia, do you not think that they would be on Al Jazeera denying these reports? The arab league have unaminiously said that Asad needs to be stopped, not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think my statement is worded poorly, what I mean was China/Russia vs US/NATO then NATO would wipe the floor with them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by jrmcleod

If you think the US are lying about an agreement with Saudi Arabia, do you not think that they would be on Al Jazeera denying these reports? The arab league have unaminiously said that Asad needs to be stopped, not everything is a conspiracy.

No i said Arab League. Not Saudi Arabia. And yes i do think they are lying because this report below states that the Arab League are denying any reports of imposing a No Fly Zone yet the OP says they are....so someone is lying and i'm betting on the US!

Not Deny
Deny

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I think my statement is worded poorly, what I mean was China/Russia vs US/NATO then NATO would wipe the floor with them.

I think someone's living in dreamland...or America!!!

2nd!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join