It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the poor spend Christmas?But the Rich?[WTB]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I ask my self many times,how the poor people, spend their Christmas!
Who cares.How many people walking on the street,and see a poor or homeless,ask their self what that man or woman or child,is doing on Christmas celebration.But we think many times, what the rich are doing on Christmas.
What they are doing?
They give something to the homeless?No.They walk on the street and give to the poor?No.
The less fortunate always gave.The average,always gave.
We must be better people these days,even if they are hard times.
I want to see a homeless at the same table with the rich.I want the fortunate one ,to take the poor in his house ,on this Holly day of Christmas.But no,he never do this.
Maybe some day, they will be at the same table.Maybe one day, the rich will ask the poor for mercy,and help!
Tell me ,what do you do when you see a poor in the street ,and when the Christmas lights surround you,what do you look at first,the lights?Or the poor!
What do you feel when, you hear the Christmas music,and you think that someone sleeps in the street,listening to the music of the wind,with an empty stomach!
They walk on the streets,and they stop and look to the big lighted houses of the rich,with colored fancy garnishments ,outside and inside of their houses,what that poor is thinking in that moment?
But more important,is what the rich is thinking in that moment.Nothing.He has all,so he cannot think!
How do you think, a poor is spending his Christmas?

edit on 14-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: P

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Do they even know it's Christmas time?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes they know,but they didn't feel the spirit of the Christmas,they feel only cold and hunger!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is a lot of charitable work going on now due to the fact it is winter and a holiday season. I recommend looking into volunteer opportunities in your area. Food banks, shelters, etc, do a lot of good work to brighten up the holidays for those in need. The only way these social issues get solved is when people like me in you do something about it and change our own actions and attitudes.
edit on 14-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
There is a lot of charitable work going on now due to the fact it is winter and a holiday season. I recommend looking into volunteer opportunities in your area. Food banks, shelters, etc, do a lot of good work to brighten up the holidays for those in need. The only way these social issues get solved is when people like me in you do something about and change our own actions and attitudes.
That's what I do many times,and I gave a lot.But the rich they are not interested,I am thinking, when the times will change,what the rich will do!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
it always occurred to me, why is it that every time you switch on the TV, there are ads asking to donate 2 pounds a month. If i donate 2 pounds a month to all the charities i would have nothing left. Yet, if all the rich donated a thousand a month, which is nothing to them, there would be no need for poor people like myself to donate. Infact Bill Hicks said it better than i did when he said, ''instead of spending billions a year on war and defence, spend it feeding clothing feeding and educating the poor of the world''.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower
it always occurred to me, why is it that every time you switch on the TV, there are ads asking to donate 2 pounds a month. If i donate 2 pounds a month to all the charities i would have nothing left. Yet, if all the rich donated a thousand a month, which is nothing to them, there would be no need for poor people like myself to donate. Infact Bill Hicks said it better than i did when he said, ''instead of spending billions a year on war and defence, spend it feeding clothing feeding and educating the poor of the world''.
They will always spend on defense and wars,that's how the things are for thousands of years,but there are money left to feed all the poor of the planet!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
That's what I do many times,and I gave a lot.But the rich they are not interested,I am thinking, when the times will change,what the rich will do!

Who do you consider rich? Would you consider Bill Gates rich for example? Yes? Have you ever heard of The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? You are quite wrong, just about any "rich" figure you can name is heavily involved in charity. Now you can question their motives, maybe they do it just for appearances, but nevertheless it is flat out incorrect to say the rich do nothing.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Who do you consider rich? Would you consider Bill Gates rich for example? Yes? Have you ever heard of The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? You are quite wrong, just about any "rich" figure you can name is heavily involved in charity. Now you can question their motives, maybe they do it just for appearances, but nevertheless it is flat out incorrect to say the rich do nothing.
The foundations are not like,a direct helping hand,if you go in the street and give to the ,poor will be different!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

well clearly they dont give enough if they except the poorer of us to donate what little we have

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

well clearly they dont give enough if they except the poorer of us to donate what little we have
It's not a question of how much they gave or not,it's about the distribution of the funds,which is inequitable!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i have a completely different take on christmas and how it has infiltrated the churches - how important this season is to the retailers, the banks - i often think of how it used to depress me so when i knew i did not have the money to spend - if there is no money.......there is no money - i also think of all those that dive thru the doors of depression because they are unable to purchase a tangible object of no lasting value - it's one holiday after another and each one demands we go and purchase items on sale during these ridiculous holidays -

i believe in contributing to those children who still believe - yes, it breaks my heart to see what social conditioning has done to the hearts and minds of our children -

as far as the rich - well, that's on them - i cannot control what others think or do - i do what i am able to do and "time" is my bank -

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Textbelieve in contributing to those children who still believe - yes, it breaks my heart to see what social conditioning has done to the hearts and minds of our children -
The greatest value that we have are the children,and there are many poor children,there we must concentrate the Help.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It's not a question of how much they gave or not,it's about the distribution of the funds,which is inequitable!

get a grip, if the millionaires and billionaries payed these charities instead of the 2 pound we are asked, 100, 1,000, or 1,000,000 in some cases that are easy money to them, we wouldnt be made to feel guilty that we spent a whopping 100 pounds or our kids Christmas this year. Yeah, that how much i managed this year. Hows about they move out there 50 bedroom masnsion, get a smaller cheaper house and give some wealth away? Who needs 50 bedrooms anyhow? if you have a wife and 2 kids all you need in 4, nothing but the already greedy rich trying to make the masses, who are mostly poor or struggling, feel guilt. Pure propaganda and you have bought it hook line and sinker

top topics

join