It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Republican Presidential Candidate Positions Matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I found this originally through this WND story here:

www.wnd.com...

The direct link to the guide in PDF is:
www.southernnh912.com...

How do GOP wannabes stack up? Find out here!
Voter guide details even flip-flops and waffling in candidates' history

The 34-page Republican Presidential Candidate Positions Matrix gives all of the GOP presidential hopefuls positions on the major issues, from abortion to free trade, to the Second Amendment, foreign aid, illegal immigration and health care.

Group co-founder Ken Eyring said his group put together the publication, because people believe they're too busy to do the research on their own.

For those that don't have enough time to do research on GOP candidates, this guide will greatly help speed things along! Read down through the major issues and then look and see what position each of the candidates has or voted on.

And after doing this again, just to be sure... I remain adamant in my choice:
RON PAUL, all the way, 100%

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Nice giant, predatory advertisement on that link

Bachman, has taken tons of money from government sponsored adoption programs,
they didn't mention that...

PR

edit on 14-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have a rule that I live by: If I see WND, I instantly tune out.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
I have a rule that I live by: If I see WND, I instantly tune out.

So ignore WND and go directly to the report put out by the Southern NH 9.12 Project.

It isnt that hard. Hover and click.

A step beyond the immediate WND or Fox hate. Grr... WND says water is wet and I say that's bull. Give me another source because I'm unwilling to follow a second link or look on my own.....grrrr....

On the damn topic, Paul really stands out when they're all lined and sorted like that. Nice. I'm also gald they called Romney on his gun-grabbing ways.
edit on 14-12-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: typo's

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Let me be more specific:

If WND endorses something, I tune out as well.

Why do I want to see a matrix of Republican positions? It's all the BS they say in public to get elected anyway. More white noise.

I've yet to see any politician with an R or D behind their name that wasn't completely full of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Let me be more specific:

If WND endorses something, I tune out as well.

Why do I want to see a matrix of Republican positions? It's all the BS they say in public to get elected anyway. More white noise.

I've yet to see any politician with an R or D behind their name that wasn't completely full of it.

They are all full of it. Most of the grid is made up of voting records so it nicely illustrated the gap between what they say and what they do.

So if you dont care about the positions or even the hypocrasy of the positions I guess you came in here just for a quick one-line shot at WND? That's nice.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

lol, glad you're pointing all this out about the WND comment, so I don't have to. I share your frustration. The message is clear, but because WND reports on it the report is crap?

:shk:

The report is dead on. Readers can research it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Uh, then why are you in this thread posting about the topic if you are not interested?

I respect your opinion about not being interested, but those of us who are DO want to see the matrix, so your post here helps exactly zero.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hey, this matrix report is too good a resource to let this thread sink into oblivion just yet... One bump for other people who haven't seen it yet...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Everyone of them excluding Ron Paul are BIG FAT LIARS who will say and promise anything to get elected. Once in office, it will be 'business-as-usual' with them bums leading the country in the same downward spiral to ruin. If folks havent learned that BY NOW, they are just THICK-HEADED beyond hope.

[color=dodgerblue]The outcome for America will be one of two ways soon: its going to be either Ron Paul winning this election and turning things around, or we are going to experience the complete and final RUIN of this once GREAT country. Which one will it be??

Hope we can get our country back. Tired of 'business-as-usual' with the same typical snake politicians in office ruining this country.

Tired of it.

edit on 16-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yeah, no doubt getting RP to the Presidency would be an unbelievable accomplishment. I mean, I would literally jump for joy if it happens, but the problems would be just beginning, really. How is he going to unite anyone on the critical issues anymore enough to get some serious legislation passed? We know he does not like executive orders. At least, not the kind we've been seeing from Bush and Obama.

So I have questions. Like for instance, how would he go about cancelling the Patriot Act? With an executive order? Or another: would he terminate Obama's first executive order of the presidential info release being required 30 days advance notice from the Security Archive?

And would he just issue an EO to close all military bases immediately?

I foresee a situation where he could become extremely frustrated in his first couple of years, basically with a hung or non compliant Congress on the real tough issues, like ending the FED.

But still, getting him into office is the crucial first step. And worth every moment, seeing as we could pretty well bet there will be no military intervention from him in any other country's affairs- unless of course we were attacked. For countries like Iran, and North Korea and Syria, the smartest investment they could make at this point would be getting big money into his campaign somehow.

*raises hand* I volunteer. Wanna send me a couple cool million bucks, Iran? I'll make SURE it gets to RP one way, or the other.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

So I have questions. Like for instance, how would he go about cancelling the Patriot Act? With an executive order? Or another: would he terminate Obama's first executive order of the presidential info release being required 30 days advance notice from the Security Archive?

And would he just issue an EO to close all military bases immediately?

I foresee a situation where he could become extremely frustrated in his first couple of years, basically with a hung or non compliant Congress on the real tough issues, like ending the FED.

Regarding the Patriot Act, he has said he wouldn't use EO's to legislate law so I'm not sure if he would use EO to repeal the Patriot Act but he could definitely veto the re-authorization of it. I'm not sure if PA has an annual re-authorization but I know NDAA does. This is something Obama promised to do in his campaign for presidency but he chose to break that promise and authorize the Patriot Act.

I think he would need an EO to order the mobilization of troops and closing of bases, yea.

There is no doubt he will face some hard headed individuals and groups but I can see Ron going straight to the people, giving them crucial information they need to make informed decisions and restoring personal responsibility to the people. Americans really need somebody to tell them to start making decisions for themselves and being responsible for those decisions. As long as we can keep placing responsibility on the government to act for us then blame them when we get hurt, we'll never be able to progress.

Don't expect ending the fed too soon, it won't be done for years but we can start the process of removing Ben Bernanke, replacing him with someone like Jim Grant or other Austrian free market economists. Ron would have enough sway as president to push for a full auditing and when congress and the people start seeing the real dirt, then the movement will start to try to end it altogether. And that is probably the best scenario we could hope for.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Excluding Ron P my butt. Hes a 35 year career politician. What has he done in his powerful senate posititon. As president he cant do much and wont cause hes bought like anyone else up there is. Get over his propoganda rhetoric lies. Hes just another corporate bought man.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

#1) RP is in the House, not the senate. Always has been.

#2) I don't have any idea why you believe he is anything like the other candidates, cause he isn't.

new topics

top topics

join