It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Jasmine Revolution Has Begun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

BEIJING (AP) -- Police have sealed off a southern Chinese village and cut food supplies in an attempt to crush an uprising by villagers angered by government land seizures and the death of a man in police custody, residents said Wednesday. The protests in Guangdong province are part of a growing trend of confrontation between Chinese and their government over the seizure of land for business development projects. Police started blocking roads leading to Wukan, a fishing village of 20,000 people, late last week and prevented food from being transported in...

AP: Chinese Town Held

The Peoples Liberation Army and Beijing must know that, with the proliferation of technology and info, this pot was going to boil over. I really hope for the best on this, but the hammer may fall fast and hard. It will be interesting to see how all this works out. If it spreads and takes hold? We shall see...
edit on 14-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

Problem I see with these situations is that as they move to the larger countries and economies the choice of said leaderships is to either deal aggressively with internal strife, general rule of thumb in my mind that internal strife places the leaderships neck literally on the block or for the leadership to create some kind of external conflict that unifies the nation and redirects that anger elsewhere thus keeping their necks safe.

It seems to me, even in war and conflict there is a greater chance a leadership dies at the hands of it's own people far more frequently than it does at the hands of it's enemies.

edit on 14/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Seems like the OWS in the states, the revolts in the Arab countries, the revolts against Putin running again for Pres, and now this in China all have to do with people not wanting to take Sh** anymore.

Wouldn't be surprised if its either some collective consciousness deal or tied into 2012

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if this gets swept under the rug and forgotten. All the worlds governments have their hands full with malcontent citizens. Some citizens around the world are far more deserving to be unhappy than others.
However right I believe the Chinese people are for their dissatisfaction, there remains the question of "Who can tell China to treat their protesters humanely".

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

However right I believe the Chinese people are for their dissatisfaction, there remains the question of "Who can tell China to treat their protesters humanely".

Because if we roll over and ignore these things without so much as a shred of concern, it could well be us next.
Totalitarian regimes thrive first on apathy, then on fear. With the SOPA (Stop Online Pirating Act) coming to a vote this Thursday, we could all be in a collective boat-load of sh!t. We have to start caring, or just give it all up.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by soon2beaher
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Seems like the OWS in the states, the revolts in the Arab countries, the revolts against Putin running again for Pres, and now this in China all have to do with people not wanting to take Sh** anymore.

Wouldn't be surprised if its either some collective consciousness deal or tied into 2012

I certainly feel we are at one of those tipping points where the people (where ever they are) want to reclaim more power from what they see as a corrupt elite, the problem is that going on history this does not end well for the elite, so am guessing they'd rather create external shenanigans to manage their people by removing more power from them.

It would be nice to see global change that is for the betterment of mankind, rather than the few at the top, and I still hope that is what will happen..
edit on 14/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
if china goes troppo
we will all feel it, i think even more than if america went nutso

try to put into perspective this
america is like a mangey dog loyal when theres food but as soon as food goes it bites the hand

china is like a hyena when the pack is strong it takes over anything but when one is lame they all turn on it and devour their own.

or

american people are teenagers when they rebel they kick and scream for a bit then forget or move on

china are like old wise people with long hard canes, when they get angry they wreck everything.

yeah the second ones work better guys, go with the second lot of analogies

or drop me a line and tell me yours..
thanks guys

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
China is kinda screwed. They want to evolve into a world power but to do that requires freedom. They want to have inteligent successful people but to do that requires freedom. They have a test ahead. If they don't become free they will continue to be a thrid world conuntry as far as their people are concerned.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Why can't it be a bamboo revolution? Who designates the color or fragrance?

If there is an uprising in Russia could it be a vodka revolution?------------------

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I agree with you in your stance against totalitarianism, but firmly believe that all the other combined governments of the world can do little to sway the opinion or actions of the Chinese government.

top topics

join