It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta Says Drone Campaign Over Iran Will Continue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Panetta Says Drone Campaign Over Iran Will Continue

www.foxnews.com

The mysterious loss of the RQ-170 Sentinel drone has revealed not only that the U.S. was spying on Iran, but also that the program was being run from Shindad Air Base in western Afghanistan.
Panetta would not comment directly on what that drone was doing over Iran, but he said the U.S. military has no plans to halt the drone operation out of western Afghanistan.
When asked if he would continue those missions as they have been conducted out of Afghanistan, he responded with one word: "Absolutely.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Pure craziness. These guys can't do drone strikes in Pakistan without getting shot at, can't do drone fly overs in Iran without getting shot at, so what do they do? They just do it anyway.

Are they going to try drone strikes in Iran now?? A secret CIA mission with drones over Iran?? Okay, so we've got like drones all over the place. I really don't think anything crazy will happen before the summer olympics, but things REALLY look like they are heating up.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Of course they will, did anyone expect different?

the US is playing the provoking game, a nudge here and there, continuing the middle east propaganda, they can hardly wait for Iran to shoot down an 'Innocent Drone'

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Kinda blatant this kind of talk. They are actually admitting into violating a sovereign states air space. Not even trying to be covert about it. I'd love to see the double standards if someone were to do the same to US.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I agree that this is madness. They are basically trying to incite Iran to do something it seems like, so then they will have an excuse to invade...Maybe not, but it is a possibility. What I want to know is whether there is available technology to locate and bring down these UAV's.

I do not know if they fly at great altitudes like the AC gunships do, basically out of range for sight and sound, but if they do, it would be much harder to find and bring them down. It would also depend on the avoidance capabilities of the drone itself.

If they fly low enough to be seen with the naked eye, I suppose they could be brought down. I have decided that Iran did not shoot down the drone they captured, but rather got "lucky." Maybe not, as it could be a setup. Maybe the US wanted to make Iran look bad, knowing they wouldn't give it back. If so it has backfired imo.

Iran should be able to have the latest technology for warfare in the modern age, including the equipment necessary to pose a threat to US drones, because of their relationship with Russia and China. Both of those countries, I am almost positive, would be willing to sell Iran anything but nukes, and I am not even sure they would refrain from that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i'm not sure if invasion is the key tactical point here. i think the invading has already been completed.

i think the local populations within iran and pakistan are split right down the centre just like we are.
that said, half of their population is almost expecting or waiting for an american attack or liberation to rid them of their dictators, but what will end up happening is the CIA etc.. will install another one that suits their needs.

so instead of full on invasion, I believe these systematic strikes will encourage further rebellion within their populaces.

they only needed a launchbase in the region and the resources to maintain it. they have Israel, which essentially does the same thing by containing lebenon, gaza and syria.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Finally admitting what we knew all along.

They gonna do everything they can so Iran ``fires the first shot``... blowing stuff up, funding armed groups inside Iran and doing assassinations in Iran didn't get the expected response... well they will just continue their crap till ``Iran strikes first`` so they can say in all MSM that ``Iran started it``... so ``we need to have a draft to invade Iran``.

They are so predictable.

Come on Iran, don't do squat. Take down the drones if they enter your airspace, but continue to take it, you've been taken it for years... if you resist in ANY WAY, your country will be annihilated and millions will die.

The western elite is truly disgusting doing this kind of stuff.

Panetta, on his way to be worse than Rumsfeld.

Here's what's next (and probably the plan) :
- US sends drone over an Iranian military base/nuclear site (to be sure it's shot down)
- Iran shoots it down (as expected)
- US launches airstrike on the site that shot the drone down, killing Iranian soldiers, of course
- Iran has no choice but to fight back, the regime cannot blame this on an ``accident`` or they will be overthrown by the military
- War is on

Remember this?
Gen. Hugh Shelton: Clinton Official Suggested Letting U.S. Plane Be Shot Down To Provoke War With Iraq
Same thing today, but with drones.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
"Clone The Drone"!!!! Are you completely freaking serious???????

lollolololol

www.militaryaerospace.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Then it's an act of war and Iran have every right to respond.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig

Agreed. But you know they CAN'T. If they do, they will be obliterated.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Kinda blatant this kind of talk. They are actually admitting into violating a sovereign states air space. Not even trying to be covert about it. I'd love to see the double standards if someone were to do the same to US.

And iran continues to make threats as well. They threaten anyone they don't like much like the super-powers do, but the super-powers can afford to be arrogant were as iran cannot. Just leave israel alone since they are bothering no one and case closed.

All this back and forth instigating is childish!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Panetta, on his way to be worse than Rumsfeld.

Definitely agree here. Remember the bush administration went to the UN to press for an immediate pre-emptive strike on iraq and most disagreed so then it became "you are either with us or against us" and left the notion that whomever was with them would get rebuilding contracts.

Same # with iran and their dictator is stupid enough to keep instigating the west and israel. He needs outside distractions to pretend he and his islamic regime is strong. Without that he would have been overthrown a long time ago since the young population have little tolerance for religious extremism.

Here's what's next (and probably the plan) :
- US sends drone over an Iranian military base/nuclear site (to be sure it's shot down)
- Iran shoots it down (as expected)
- US launches airstrike on the site that shot the drone down, killing Iranian soldiers, of course
- Iran has no choice but to fight back, the regime cannot blame this on an ``accident`` or they will be overthrown by the military
- War is on

Remember this?
Gen. Hugh Shelton: Clinton Official Suggested Letting U.S. Plane Be Shot Down To Provoke War With Iraq
Same thing today, but with drones.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Yep the pot america is calling the kettle iran black. Bush who said he thought he was doing god's work in invading the middle east and obama who thinks it is ok to use covert drone attacks to kill anyone deemed a terrorist by our sick-ass government rather than bringing them to trial.
edit on 12/14/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

the hysteria from the warmonging drama queens in washington would be worthy of an italian opera.

on the other side of the coin, it gives other countries an oportunity to improve on their detection and interception technology.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just want to know if anyone actually read the article or just listened to the OP hysteria. They did not admit to violating Iran's airspace, they admitted to using the drones close to the Iran/Afghan border, and they said that will continue. In fact Iran stated they took control of the drone in Afghanistan and landed it in Iran.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Of course they will, did anyone expect different?

the US is playing the provoking game, a nudge here and there, continuing the middle east propaganda, they can hardly wait for Iran to shoot down an 'Innocent Drone'

I think if they wanted Iran to shoot down an innocent drone they wouldn't have used a classified sentinel complete with state of the art radar and stealth technology. Handing the potential enemy means to develop a defense against the same systems used by the JSF is nothing short of stupid. If they was going to sacrifice a drone I should imagine the older the better, Iran already has similar technology to the predator drone so why not give them one of them?

I think this story is exactly what it is, a f*** up of such magnitude that only the US could pull it off. They lost control and it went down in Iran's territory. It's probably already in China or Russia being stripped down and analysed.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig

And the US and Israel , have thousands of nuclear weapons aimed at Iran. If Iran wants to be "brave" they can go for it.
The whole area needs to be taught a big time lesson.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
my brain has exploded at least 57,322 times this past week and I'm f*ing tired of playing 52 pick-up with my cortex-cottagecheese- ewww mkay, I just grossed myself out on that one

But really,what the hell is going on?!
We, THE PEOPLE, are on the same page for most of these issues-
and we've made it VERY CLEAR to our SERVANTS.
Yet, they could care less- all but held a press conference with the entire administration issuing their own personal f*u* to the country.

shizzzzgonnaget SERRRR CRAYYYY up in this neighborhood if the SERVANTS don't start doing some SERVING asap.

edit on 22-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How bought we get some of those badass RCD planes out now and send teams to all the reps/senators homes and occupy their yard and airspace.

See how they like it.

I don't know what to think anymore regarding their end game...
seems like just a bunch of drunk angry willy-nilliness.

government=> not sure if troll or for ser?

Starting to wonder if they know either?!

top topics

join