It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plume of 'Chem' trailing from this...Insect-like segmented...plane?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by defcon5
In the few frames between the massive shaking of the camera you can easily make out that this is a normal commercial aircraft, with a two engine under the wing configuration. Its white on top with silver bottom and wings. The silver parts of the aircraft are difficult to see because they are blending with the sky, while the white top surfaces are reflecting the sun and much brighter.

What he said:

Could you please then Identify the Aircraft? Since it is a normal commercial aircraft...

Poor choice of frame grab. Allow me to state again....poor choice there.

We have a video of an obvious (to educated eyes) large jet, but the camera work is, to put it mildly, "awful"..Some video stabilization of the result will help. But of course, any such "extra" work will ultimately be "pooh-poohed" again and again, for what ever new "reason" is concocted.

BASED on the extremely poor camera-work of the primary video (from YouTube)....it is an example of the sort of nonsense that keeps "promoting" the "chemtrail" myth and hoax. Those of us who understand the reality of the "Real World" an see his immediately.

A crappy and poor resolution video as presented in THAT video? Par for the course, in this silly "debate" of so-called "chemtrails"....each and every time.

edit on Wed 14 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So it is a..what kind of aircraft?
Oh nonresponsive subject change....You running for POTUS?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Research picture resolution. Pixellation. Et cetera.

That is the beginning of comprehension....

Of course ....promoting a major "HOAX" is also 'big business'.....something else to ponder.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

In answer to your questions. It is extremely difficult to identify the type from that image, the reason being that for more than half a century all airliners except Concorde have followed the pattern set by either the Boeing 707 or the Aerospatiale Caravelle, Therefore you generally need some sort of detail to tell them apart, the 747 hump for example being one of the easiest. Your image contains nothing identifiable to a particular type.

Why do the trails start at the rear? They always do. The hot exhaust s usually cooled down enough to form a trail by the time it reaches the back of the plane. Your image being side on helps the effect but here are some shots of my own from an angle that illustrates what I'm saying.

In addition, to the people saying the op deliberately shook the camera, you should try shooting video freehand on zoom, thats what happens. OP, there are some image stabilisation programmes available online, I use one myself to cure camera shake on my vdeos

edit on 14-12-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

So it is a..what kind of aircraft?
Oh nonresponsive subject change....You running for POTUS?

It’s a two engine under wing configuration. Unfortunately that is near impossible to tell from that distance, and I’ve even seen experienced aviation folks misidentify similar looking AC on the ground at much closer range. For example an A300 and a B767 are quite simular looking unless you know exactly what your looking at (the biggest difference that is visible on those two aircraft is that the tail cone on a A300 is straight and a 767’s dips down).

So anyway, that plane could be a 737, 757,767, 777, A300, A310, A320…

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I thank you, but cannot for the "life of me" (on my computer screen) see to that resolution. To determine the airplane type or even the number of engines.

But, based on what I COULD view, likely IS a Twin-Jet, so must agree with you.
edit on Wed 14 December 2011 by ProudBird because: "airpalne" did not show up on my "spell check"? This is hilarious.....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

dit on Wed 14 December 2011 by ProudBird because: "airpalne" did not show up on my "spell check"? This is hilarious.....

try 'aeroplane' instead

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by defcon5
In the few frames between the massive shaking of the camera you can easily make out that this is a normal commercial aircraft, with a two engine under the wing configuration. Its white on top with silver bottom and wings. The silver parts of the aircraft are difficult to see because they are blending with the sky, while the white top surfaces are reflecting the sun and much brighter.

What he said:

Could you please then Identify the Aircraft? Since it is a normal commercial aircraft...

Um, sorry. I can;t identify what kind of aircraft it is, but it looks like your average jet to me.

By the way, I am on the "Chemtrails Are Real" side of the argument. But that still looks like a jet to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

"aeroplane" is, as I and (I suspect) you well know....(AND< per my "American English-based online "spell-check")...LOL.....

OH dear lost my train of thought....there is a joke there...about trains...I KNOW I saw it somewhere.....but, we are delving
ff topic" (although we really aren't, this is how threads REALLY diverge....and self edited, because whie I thought it funny, must be stop.........ped.....here...............

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Look where the shadow is near the fairing. If it was a 4 engine plane you’d also see a shadow further down the wing. If someone twisted my arm as to what the exact type of plane this is, I’d be forced to choose a 737. My reasons for that choice are the position of the elevators, the stubby appearance of the fuselage, and that its now one of the most common domestic aircraft in use.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here's a bit better frame grab:

So it's probably something like this:

A two engine plane with red and white tail, white body, and dark wings and engine.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
What tests were done on the 'plume' to show it was chemicals?

IRM

H2O is a chemical.

So you really don't have to do any tests to determine if it's a 'chemical' or not. You would need tests to determine what type of chemical however.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Actually you don't even need the plane to be painted dark underneath to get this effect. Simply being in shadow from an overhead sun will make the wing dark enough to split the plane up. The engines will just blend in with the body. Example:

With simulated motion blur, low resolution, and compression artifacts:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
Actually you don't even need the plane to be painted dark underneath to get this effect. Simply being in shadow from an overhead sun will make the wing dark enough to split the plane up. The engines will just blend in with the body. Example:

With simulated motion blur, low resolution, and compression artifacts:

1. Different nose,

2. Different fuselage,

3. No windows

4. Tail logo is red with white inner mark
not a white circle with a red mark.

I would say an unmarked imposter dumping chemicals.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That was in illustration of the effects of low resolution on an image, not the actual plane.

But - what do you mean "no windows"? You can't see windows on my image either.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If I was being pushed for a guess I'd say a Tristar, going on the apparent fatness of the fuselage relative to its length and how far forward the tail appears to be in relation to what could be a third engine nozzle. The trouble is, distortion may have created all these effects. Can you remember the actual appearance of he plane? Or are you only going by the photo?

edit on 14-12-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

1. Different nose,

2. Different fuselage,

3. No windows

4. Tail logo is red with white inner mark
not a white circle with a red mark.

You can't actually say that for sure at all, since you cannot accurately see what those features are on the "blur"

I would say an unmarked imposter dumping chemicals.

I would say you are making that up to fit your preconceptions.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

So it's probably something like this:

A two engine plane with red and white tail, white body, and dark wings and engine.

OMG OMG - mirror imaged aircraft and people....they've copied us all and are goign to replace us......

(I hope everyone gets the humour!!)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's a thought... since flights are usually repeated at the same time every week then chances are that this same flight will occur in the exact same spot at the exact same time next week. (or even every day)

The OP can get some practise, or a better camera, and film it again.
And we can all watch it together on flightradar.com.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Cool beans. A plane spraying chemicals. It was nice and blurry and so shaky i could't see anything. Whoever is holding that camera needs to go see a doctor i think he might have Parkinsons, i got dizzy trying to watch the clip.

I believe they are spraying something for sure, but that clip was awful and looked more like one of those flying cylinder UFOs (flying cigars) than a plane if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join