It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plume of 'Chem' trailing from this...Insect-like segmented...plane?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Arguing over details in some footage shot yesterday, I am convinced the chem-plume is not from a mere "plane with reflections about the wings rendering them invisible with sky-blending effect", as my nemesis ex-pilot friend tried to convince me of.

When I mentioned that I had never seen this effect on other planes in similar trajectory and altitude, he pffawed me as if I were reaching, no better offering to sway his conviction, until...

I asked him, "Where are the engines then?" Retorting his profession that he could make out an Alaska Airlines tail emblem.

At that, he stared at the monitor, obviously searching my shaky video for even the faintest gasp of a suggestion of the engines.

I was thinking that not only were there no wing engines, the plume of 'chem' trailing from the rear was large in circumference, (unlike two wing mounted engines collecting at the rear, which the camera-side engine would show signs of 'vapor' expelling toward the rear).

And so, with him focused on the video and while his intent to prove me wrong was consuming him, I added, "...and that trail is coming right out the rear. What kind of plane has little stubby wings'-(if you could imagine wings on this thing).'and a rear engine?"

But before I gave him time to respond, I continued, "Just look at that plume! That is huge! When I first saw it, I thought it had been dissipating for quite some time, until I noticed the 'plane' attached.

And the thing is segmented like an insect. This is no plane!"

The silence was astounding.

We both watched the video again, then a few more times in silence, I, controlling the transport.

Suddenly, breaking the silence as if throwing a rock through a large glass pane, "Ya know...", (the shattered shards spewn every-which-way), my friend goes on, "Actually, it kind of looks like a missile."

So, I thought I'd see what you all think...

Chemtrail (Plume of 'Chem')

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What tests were done on the 'plume' to show it was chemicals?

IRM

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If you freeze the video it is clearly just a regular plane with wingspan and everything. You are looking at it from the side angle and it doesn't help the camera is being purposely shaken radically to make it hard to see. Yes I say purposely because if you are shaking that badly you might be going into a seizure of some kind. There is nothing this video could contribute to the argument of either for or against chemtrails.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
In the few frames between the massive shaking of the camera you can easily make out that this is a normal commercial aircraft, with a two engine under the wing configuration. Its white on top with silver bottom and wings. The silver parts of the aircraft are difficult to see because they are blending with the sky, while the white top surfaces are reflecting the sun and much brighter.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good call...I can clearly see the gray wings and tail....why are most supposed UFO videos so shaky? Seriously, very suspicious.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
In the few frames between the massive shaking of the camera you can easily make out that this is a normal commercial aircraft, with a two engine under the wing configuration. Its white on top with silver bottom and wings. The silver parts of the aircraft are difficult to see because they are blending with the sky, while the white top surfaces are reflecting the sun and much brighter.

What he said:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

edit on 14-12-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Let us see, blurry youtube video with music track added = hoax.

here is a clue, any youtube video of a bigfoot/ufo/paranormal event/etc. with a music track added is just a hoax.

Why add a music track?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Ummmm...

Played the YouTube video, "full screen".

Have to tell you, I have seen A LOT of these claims over the years....and, well....it is a shaky 48-second video of a typical airliner at cruise altitude, and a perfectly normal condensation trail being made, as a result.

I think this YouTube poster needs a bit of proper (and POLITE) education......about science, meteorology, and aviation specifics.

There can be education provided, by those of us who are knowledgeable and able to do so.....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Omgzzz

ZOOM OUT!

Holy jesus!

I wanna sign up for youtube just to tell the guy to ZOOM OUT!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Not to mention how to film something!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Top part is a still fromn your video.

Lower part is a still (mirrored) from another video of a plane.

Look, up in the air! Is it a bird? is it a plane?
Yes, its a plane.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I wanna sign up for youtube just to tell the guy to ZOOM OUT!

Yes, point understood, in the manner presented.

But also, ton "educate", we must not ridicule. Difficult sometimes, but stands as how it's done. I've taught a lot of people to fly, as example....doesn't mean I didn't occasionally get "uber" frustrated in some situations. Still, I "graduated" a lot, and I mean a LOT of those I was teaching....and that in just the years when I was "building time" as an Instructor.....

SO, yes.....I comprehend "frustration".......

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Learn to hold a camera steady and learn to get better resolution.
poor video is poor.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346
If you freeze the video it is clearly just a regular plane with wingspan and everything. You are looking at it from the side angle and it doesn't help the camera is being purposely shaken radically to make it hard to see. Yes I say purposely because if you are shaking that badly you might be going into a seizure of some kind. There is nothing this video could contribute to the argument of either for or against chemtrails.

with wingspan and everything?

If so, why is the Chemtrail not spewing from the 'wing engines' rather than the rear?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Well your obviously very educated in the area of airplanes and flight.

I didn't find anything suspicious about the footage.

I think there could be spraying going on, but i also think that a ton of people see normal contrails and are spouting BS calling them chemtrails.

The topic could be taken much more seriously if there weren't thousands of videos on youtube of normal planes, emitting normal contrails and calling them chemtrails.

So thanks for your input, some people seem to put aside the "Deny Ignorance" mentality for a juicier story.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
Let us see, blurry youtube video with music track added = hoax.

here is a clue, any youtube video of a bigfoot/ufo/paranormal event/etc. with a music track added is just a hoax.

Why add a music track?

The boom operator couldn't get a good audio from the 'anomaly' so music was a better choice.

Then shakyness is due to I had used a camera held to a binocular eye piece, and it was getting heavy.

Why?

My new awesome video camera was stolen.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclear12346

thats bang on the button

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

What he said:

Could you please then Identify the Aircraft? Since it is a normal commercial aircraft...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

What he said:

Could you please then Identify the Aircraft? Since it is a normal commercial aircraft...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join