It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the "spirit realm" exist throughout the Universe, or just on Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know, I'm combining science and magic here -- some would say that's "apples and oranges" -- but I'm intrigued by the idea that they both exist at the same time. Surely their existences must overlap somehow!

Does the "spirit realm" exist throughout the Universe, or just on Earth? Is it an alternate dimension the size of our entire Universe, or just large enough to envelop the planet Earth? (Or perhaps our own Solar System? Yeah, I've been playing Doom 3 lately...
)

For example, let's say there's another planet somewhere else in the Galaxy with sentient life on it. Will the people on that planet discover and experience the spirit realm -- ghosts, angels, demons, etc. -- like we have? Maybe all people -- from any planet -- who dies and doesn't go to Heaven or Hell remain trapped in the 'bubble' between these two dimensions. Then, perhaps, what we see as non-human demons and angels are really just as dangerous as their human angel and demon counterparts, just that they are from species on another planet?

A final question -- is it possible that "magic" is really just another branch of science that we simply don't yet understand?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
well i'm not connected enough right now to say for sure (infact alot of my chakras are clogged ) but i'm a very spirutal person , so i',m going to give you my thoughts on it as of now ,,,,,,
i think most ppl would logicaly think that it is around the whole universe i just dont think that is so , now i think that the spirit realm is tethered to the alive parts of the universe or you just can't define it as space and time sort of think , but i'd think where life exists the spirit realm is close , but i also belive the spirit realm goes out side of our everyday kinda logical thinking , some psychics like to call it non-liner time and non-liner thinking where the netwionin physicts dont work , if i was more connected i could give a more percise answer rather then a qustion , but then the best answers are quistions , some say the answer always lies hiddin in the quistion itself , anyway i belive that the ghost and soul are separate i will respond more to this in the futrue

Odd

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
From what I understand, the "spirit realm" exists as a wholly different plane of existance-- a totally seperate dimension from our own. It's sort of like the theoretical fourth spatial dimension-- it's there, sort of perpendicular to our universe, but we can't percieve it with our physical equipment.

EDIT: I didn't see the last line of your post until just now... I think it was Arthur C. Clarke that said "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." It's very possible.

[edit on 9/8/2004 by Odd]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes it expands and "covers" the whole physical universe. And yes its all science after all magic is just a label for science that isn't understood.

It's called "metaphysics", thats a very scientific name in my book.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
It's called "metaphysics", thats a very scientific name in my book.

Don't let a name fool you... Ever heard of "Scientology"?

new topics

top topics

join