It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very manly response which is not so manly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This video of bullfighting in Spain shows a very big bull with at least 5 swords through its back. Its bleeding and in pain. one idiot ends up in front of the bull face to face. judging by his body language, he froze. He gets knocked down by the bull. at this moment the guy is fully conscious but in shock. The bull comes back for round 2, this time its a brutal blow and the guy is completely OUT of it and there is no hope he can get back up. His friends arrive to help, keep in mind that they cant risk moving him, at that stage he surely has a few broken bones. and the bull was freely roaming the ring. Distractions ended in failure. The bull returns for a 3rd round. and then it happens. the bullfighters create a human shield around their injured friend. probably the happiest moment in the bulls life. he runs through them like a bowling ball sending the pins flying. some probably broke a few ribs. But they did manage to break the impact thus saving their friend. the bull seems to take position for another strike at which point the video ends. I got a mixed feeling from this video, one side thought poor human, and the other side thought he deserved it. maybe its considered manly to protect a friend or someone in need, but there is nothing manly about encircling a helpless animal in a ring and terrorizing it until its death. this is not a sport. The manly part completely cancels itself out here. anyway its amazing footage
edit on 13/12/2011 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
bull:

Kinda' hard to blame the bull isn't it(?)He's fighting for his life.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Just one more piece of evidence to heap onto the pile of proof to show people when they say *we're evolved beings, and we are better than animals"

This is the inner nature of too many human beings

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I was cheering for the bull . Stupid idiots trying to prove their manliness jumping out of a bulls path well I guess he got what he deserved . Cruelty towards animals for sport is disgusting there is nothing manly about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
bull:

Kinda' hard to blame the bull isn't it(?)He's fighting for his life.

Abso-f'in-lutely...

"Hey guys, let's start a fire than poor gasoline on ourselves and run through it..!"

Stupid is, as stupid does...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Europeans and Americans alike enjoy boasting about freedom and civil society, well where are they when it comes to things like this? one can not claim a civil society unless such things are dealt with first. Bulls are great animals and they illustrate the power of creation.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Karma is a b.......
I'm happy the bull got them

Olé !!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You mess with the bull you get the horns.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
i like it when the bulls hurt the little geeks in those dumb costumes.
i like when the animals become cruel to the people that are being cruel to them

i like when monkeys hurt people too.
thats probably my favourite

humans are animals that try to pretend theyre not animals and then try and beat other animals at their own game...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopmakingsense

i like when monkeys hurt people too.
thats probably my favourite

That's funny

My favorite post ever

edit on 13-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The Bull was far more manly - he had swords pushed into his body - he was bleeding - locked in an arena with NO escape - surrounded by unevolved beings who had only his death on their agenda - he did not give up. Bravo for the Bull.

I can only hope the Bull kept running over them until he could run no more - then die his own dignified death. The most unmanly thing those unevolved beings could do would be to continue on and kill the Bull.

Am sure the Bull did not survive the day but he was the only Man in the arena as far as I am concerned - proud and undefeated in terms of Spirit and Strength.

Much Peace...for all the Bulls who are forced into this heartless activity...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I cheered for the bull.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." -- Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941, Harrow School

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I am with you,this is completely barbaric,anyone who could even contemplate doing this to a defenceless innocent animal deserves all they get,bloody idiots.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I couldn't bring myself to watch the video - you did a great job of narrating. It's amazing that in a society that generally scorns animal on animal fighting as being inhumane, we seem to have no problem with humans brutally slaying an animal for nothing more than the amusement of the onlookers. These poor animals are abused from the very outset:

www.thepetwiki.com...

Bullfighting

Bullfighting is illegal in the United States but legal in other countries, such as Mexico, Spain, and South America. Bullfighting is a battle between bull and matador, in which the bull is always destined to lose. Before the fight, bulls languish in pens that lack sunlight, food, and water and are commonly fed laxatives or drugs to debilitate them. During the fights, the bulls are weakened by assorted weapons and then the matador comes in to the ring to finish him off.

The tourist trade encourages frequent bullfights. Many American and European tourists attend these fights while abroad. To protest bullfighting, write to the embassies of Spain and Mexico, telling them you will not visit their countries until they outlaw this practice.

In July 2010, the region of Catalonia in Spain voted to outlaw bullfighting. It is expected to disappear in the region by the year 2012. Animal rights activists hope a worldwide ban is in our future.

So not only are these poor animals brutally slain for no reason at all, but they're first dehydrated and debilitated to ensure a slow and painful death.

As I said, I couldn't bring myself to watch the video but can only hope that the bull did some serious damage before it was ultimately put out of its misery.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Just a short answer to say that even if this was filmed in Spain (it's possible), it shows something that only happens inPortuguese style bullfight, a "pega de caras".

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

One bullfight to the death of the bull is all you will ever want to see.
It is not a "sport," it is a cruel spectacle.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
This video of bullfighting in Spain shows a very big bull with at least 5 swords through its back.
It's probably in Portugal, where most bullfights are Portuguese style, but it's possible that it was in Spain, France or Mexico. Those things on the bull's back are not swords (I wonder why everybody that talks about bullfight call them swords, then don't look like swords), the are called "badarilhas" in Portuguese or "banderillas" in Spanish, meaning "little flags", and they are more like small harpoons, with a barbed point, so they do not fall.

Its bleeding and in pain. one idiot ends up in front of the bull face to face.
The "idiot" doesn't "end up" in front of the bull, the whole idea of the "pega de caras" is for those "idiots" to grab the bull by the horns.
Those "idiots" are called "forcados".

judging by his body language, he froze.
No, they are supposed to stop for a moment, before starting to walk back, while looking at the bull and trying to understand how the bull will hit them. In this case his judgement failed him, as he didn't anticipated that the bull would raise the head just before hitting (many do that, and the "forcado" should have understood that from watching the bull while other toreadores (either on foot on at horse back) were putting the "badarilhas" on the bull.

His friends arrive to help, keep in mind that they cant risk moving him, at that stage he surely has a few broken bones. and the bull was freely roaming the ring.
Probably no broken bones, as far as I could see he was hit twice on the head, the first time by the bull's head and the second by the right horn.

Distractions ended in failure. The bull returns for a 3rd round. and then it happens. the bullfighters create a human shield around their injured friend. probably the happiest moment in the bulls life.
Probably not, the bull's life, before the fight, was passed roaming large open areas that are prepare just for that, where they run freely until they are sent to the arena.

I got a mixed feeling from this video, one side thought poor human, and the other side thought he deserved it. maybe its considered manly to protect a friend or someone in need, but there is nothing manly about encircling a helpless animal in a ring and terrorizing it until its death.
The bull it's not a helpless animal, as the video shows. These bulls are fighting bulls, that's why they attack instead of returning back to the door from which they entered.

this is not a sport.
Nobody sees bullfight as a sport, it's seen more as an art.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

could you elaborate a bit please?
are there any other differences with spanish and latin american bullfights and finally i would like your opinion re
as "bullfighting" seems to have originated with the Cretans and they didn't kill the bull, see pic,
whether the use of swords and edged weapons and killing the bull in bullfighting is a christian change?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You provoke a bull, what do you expect? I do not believe in this sport, it is barbaric. These are not manly men, they are fools.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Shame the bulls horns were blunt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join