It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you allergic to Fluoride?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
water.epa.gov...

The amount of fluoride that is beneficial to the human body or the "maximum contaminant level goals before neurological issues" arise is 4 parts per million (4.0 ppm)

Some toothpastes have levels between 1500-5000 ppm. Don't eat the toothpaste could be a bumper sticker.

And regardless of whether you use toothpaste with fluoride in it or not, fluoride is in EVERYTHING these days from packaged food and drinks to mechanically deboned meat and baby food.

www.fluoridealert.org...

Fluoride may cause non-IQ neurotoxic effects. Reduced IQ is not the only neurotoxic effect that may result from fluoride exposure. At least three human studies have reported an association between fluoride exposure and impaired visual-spatial organization (Calderon 2000; Li 2004; Rocha-Amador 2009); while three other studies have found an association between prenatal fluoride exposure and fetal brain damage (Han 1989; Du 1992; Yu 1996).

The highest doses of fluoride are going to bottle-fed babies. Because of their sole reliance on liquids for their food intake, infants consuming formula made with fluoridated water have the highest exposure to fluoride, by bodyweight, in the population.

There has never been a single randomized clinical trial to demonstrate fluoridation's effectiveness or safety. Despite the fact that fluoride has been added to community water supplies for over 60 years, "there have been no randomized trials of water fluoridation" (Cheng 2007). Randomized studies are the standard method for determining the safety and effectiveness of any purportedly beneficial medical treatment. In 2000, the British Government's "York Review" could not give a single fluoridation trial a Grade A classification – despite 50 years of research (McDonagh 2000). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) continues to classify fluoride as an "unapproved new drug."

No health agency in fluoridated countries is monitoring fluoride exposure or side effects. No regular measurements are being made of the levels of fluoride in urine, blood, bones, hair, or nails of either the general population or sensitive subparts of the population (e.g., individuals with kidney disease).

Quite simply it's another way for corporate America to discard their toxic industrial byproduct of the aluminum and fertilizer industries on us.

I read somewhere that it's a lot easier to sell this stuff by the barrel to communities around the world than it is to bury or contain it somewhere, all the while dumbing us down.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Phayte because: proof reading

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Afterthought

I get headaches from drinking water. I thought maybe I got headaches because I didn't normally drink water much but lately I've been thinking it was from fluoride.

It sucks because the S.A Government keep throwing the World Health Organisation facts at me. I'm still petitioning my local government but it isn't really getting me anywhere because there hasn't been enough independent research from credible, recognised, organisations.

The only other option is to get an awesome filter but that filter also removes the good minerals from water too.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

dont buy a puratap (:

they dont take any of the real chemicals out

our state, being founded as a social experiment by john wakefield is well and truly buried in the ideas of the world for how to "provide" for its citizenry.

*sigh*

there are stacks of SA based ATS users.

we shoudl have a meet sometime. but then again...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So Thankful for the OP for sharing this information. It just so happens that i have every single symptom except the skin rashes. As a matter of fact i have doubled on pain medication a few hours ago due to the awful joint pain that im still feeling. Im only in my mid twenties and this and the vision problems started rather randomly about 8 months ago but is getting worse..the joint pain and headaches especially. Although i have the pins and needles feeling too in my legs feet arms hands and even my face sometimes im sure thats not related though. Guess i need to find a water filter. Thanks OP

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Yeh, I called Puratap to ask them.

I'm thinking one of these

Yes, there are a lot of S.A based ATSers. Seems the fluoride isn't working all that well for some of us.

Have a meet, nah, I have my life on ATS and outside of ATS is my other life....if I combine the two God knows what will happen?!?!?

edit on 13-12-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
how much iodine would one have to take to help displace the fluoride? can anyone help with this?
edit on 01/18/2011 by camouflaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't get any symptoms that strong but I cannot use a fluoride toothpaste. I get upset stomach and nausea if I do. I have been that way since I was a young teen. I'm 43 now.

This is where some stupid jerk is gonna say " You're not supposed to swallow it." I assure you, I don't, never have. I am not sensitive to Anything but my body knows this stuff is Poison and is warning me not to put that garbage in my body.

Show me a scientist who says this stuff is safe and i'll show you a Liar.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
To those who have thanked me for this thread, I'm glad this information is helpful. I'm feeling especially achy today, so this topic is on my mind. I haven't found the chart yet, but I've found some other info that everyone may find significant. Also, a huge thanks to those who have added valuable info to the thread.

Poisoning the Well:
Neurotoxic Metals, Water Treatment, and Human Behavior
www.nofluoride.com...

Surveys of children's blood lead in Massachusetts, New York, and other states as well as NHANES III and an NIJ study of 24 cities point to another environmental factor: where silicofluorides are used as water treatment agents, [also know as water fluoridation] risk-ratios for blood lead over 10µg/dL are from 1.25 to 2.5, with significant interactions between the silicofluorides and other factors associated with lead uptake. Communities using silicofluorides also report higher rates of learning disabilities, ADHD, violent crime, and criminals who were using coc aine at the time of arrest.

B. Prior research at the individual level showed that the uptake of heavy metals is associated with higher levels of learning disabilities, hyperactivity, substance abuse, violent crime, and other forms of anti-social behavior.

Communities using SiF have higher levels of lead in children's blood and higher rates of anti-social behavior than locations with nonfluoridated or NaF treated water.

A. In Massachusetts, communities using SiF to fluoridate have higher rates of children with over 10µg/dL of blood lead and higher rates of crime. Average levels of lead in children's blood were: H2SiF6 = 2.78 µg/dL; Na2SiF6 = 2.66 µg/dL; NaF = 2.07 µg/dL; non-fluoridated = 2.02 µg/dL.

1. Within Massachusetts, those communities where the EPA reported lead levels in water over 15ppb, this effect was more pronounced: H2SiF6 = 3.27 µg/dL; Na2SiF6 = 4.38 µg/dL; NaF = 1.90 µg/dL; non-fluoridated = 2.18 µg/dL.

2. These effects were confirmed in a matched sample of 30 SiF and 30 non-SiF suburban middle-class communities: 1.94% of children exposed to SiF treated water had blood lead over 10µg/dL, whereas on 0.76% of children not so exposed had blood lead over this level (risk ratio = 2.55).

3. Rates of crime were also higher in Massachusetts communities using SiF fluoridation.

4. Similar effects were confirmed in rural counties in six additional states (Georgia, Wisconsin, Texas, Illinois, Alabama, and North Carolina).

I really want to locate that chart I was discussing on the first page of this thread. It would be extremely important for many people to see how many cities and military bases have their water fluoridated at 1.0ppm. This is an extremely toxic level and the FDA even cautions that babies and children should not be drinking water with fluoride levels as high as this.

I'll keep looking...

Edit to Add: Here is a wikipedia (I know) entry discussing the countries who fluoridate their water and those who don't.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's a small chart in pdf format dealing with only some major cities (scroll down, you'll see it). It's from 2003, but it gives you a small glimpse into the problem here.

It would be interesting to see these cities cross referenced with the cases of fibromyalgia, skin problems, and other side effects we've discussed.

I'll keep looking for the big chart.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Here is an interactive map from the CDC for seeing cities' Fluoride levels.
apps.nccd.cdc.gov...

This is my city's level: 0.80 mg/L
I'm not happy. They say this is a safe number, but it could be 0.03 or lower.

What's your city's level?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Holy crap!!!!

Want to know how much Fluoride is in the food and beverages you consume everyday?
www.fortcollinscwa.org...

Grape juice blend (apple and grape), MOTT'S, ready-to-drink 27
Grape juice, WELCH'S, ready-to-drink 72

Orange juice, MINUTE MAID, ready-to-drink 31
Orange juice, DEAN, ready-to-drink 52
Orange, juice, frozen, concentrate, prepared with tap water 58

Grape juice blend (apple, grape and pear), MINUTE MAID, ready-to-drink 43
Grape juice blend (apple and grape), JUICY JUICE, ready-to-drink 102

Apple juice, MINUTE MAID, ready-to-drink 28
Apple juice, JUICY JUICE, ready-to-drink 48

Tuna, light, canned in water 19
Crab, canned 210

Margarine 5
Margarine-like spread 25

Thirst quencher (sport drink), GATORADE, ready-to-drink 34
Thirst quencher (sport drink), POWERADE, ready-to-drink 62
Water, bottled, AQUAFINA 5
Water, bottled, CALISTOGA 7
Water, bottled, CRYSTAL GEYSER 24
Water, bottled, DANNON 11
Water, bottled, DANNON FLUORIDE TO GO 78
Water, bottled, DASANI 7
Water, bottled, EVIAN 10
Water, bottled, NAYA 14
Water, bottled, PERRIER 31
Water, bottled, POLAND SPRINGS 10
Water, bottled, PROPEL FITNESS WATER 2
Water, bottled, SARATOGA 20
Water, bottled, VERYFINE FRUIT2O Water 6
Water, bottled, VOLVIC 34
Water, bottled, store brand 16
Water, frozen (ice) 11
Waters, tap, all regions, all (includes municipal and well) 71
Waters, tap, all regions, municipal $ 81
Waters, tap, all regions, well 26
Waters, tap, Mid-West, all (includes municipal and well) 88
Waters, tap, Mid-West, municipal 99
Waters, tap, Mid-West, well 53
Waters, tap, Northeast, all (includes municipal and well) 69
Waters, tap, Northeast, municipal 74
Waters, tap, Northeast, well 9
Waters, tap, South, all (includes municipal and well) 76
Waters, tap, South, municipal 93
Waters, tap, South, well 10
Waters, tap, West, all (includes municipal and well) 47
Waters, tap, West, municipal 51
Waters, tap, West, well 24

Wow!

Looks like we should be counting more than just calories when we're grocery shopping!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here's the mega chart from the info I posted above.
www.nal.usda.gov...

It seems as though we've all been so concerned about the level of Fluoride in our drinking water that we were distracted from seeing what they're adding to our foods and drinks.

I may have to do a thread just on this.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fact is we can all be allergic to just about anything.
Onions give me migraines!
Fluoride, as it happens, doesn't affect me.
Fluoride is not added to my tap water, nor do I use fluoride toothpaste or any goods which might contain it. But I do occasionally use mouthwash with fluoride or use Sensodyne on painful gums. Doesn't affect me.
edit on 14-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Yes, we can be allergic to just about anything, but the fact that it's practically impossible to avoid is the main issue. Please see the mega chart in the post above yours. Iced tea is contaminated with Fluoride.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Yes, we can be allergic to just about anything, but the fact that it's practically impossible to avoid is the main issue. Please see the mega chart in the post above yours. Iced tea is contaminated with Fluoride.

The heading and the OP post is about fluoride allergy and I was addressing that.
A very interesting chart though.
Thankfully for me I eat hardly any commercial, ready made products. I even make my own bread. People who eat cr*p like this are probably doing themselves no favours with or without fluoride. I'm amazed that anyone thinks this stuff is hard to avoid.

That said, if fluoride is so widespread that the ordinary population is consuming it by the bucketful, it doesn't seem to have made much of an impact! Or did I imagine the rise in life expectancy?
edit on 14-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It's good that you don't buy many pre-made foods. Do you have well water?
I also provided a link so people could check the levels of Fluoride in their city's water.

According to the chart, hard liquor is safer than beer and wine when trying to avoid Fluoride.

Also, here's some great articles about Fluoride and how it affects people and what to do about it.
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

How to detox Fluoride from your system:
www.naturalnews.com...

Magnesium is a very important mineral that many are lacking. Besides being so important in the metabolism and synthesis of nutrients within your cells, it also inhibits the absorption of fluoride into your cells! Along with magnesium, calcium seems to help attract the fluorides away from your bones and teeth, allowing your body to eliminate those toxins. So during any detox efforts with fluoride, it is essential that you include a healthy supplemental dose of absorbable calcium/magnesium as part of the protocol.

Iodine supplementation has been clinically demonstrated to increase the urine irrigation of sodium fluoride from the body as calcium fluoride. The calcium is robbed from your body, so make sure you are taking effective calcium and magnesium supplements. Lecithin is recommended as an adjunct to using iodine for excreting fluorides.

Seaweed foods and iodine supplements that combine iodine and potassium iodide are highly recommended over sea food by most.

Tamarind, originally indigenous to Africa but migrated into India and southeast Asia, has been used medicinally in Ayurvedic Medicine. The pulp, bark, and leaves from the tree can be converted to teas and strong tinctures, which have also shown the ability to eliminate fluorides through the urine.

Liver Cleanses are considered effective for eliminating fluorides and other toxins. There are two types of liver cleansing, both of which can be performed easily at home over a week or two of time. One of the protocols focuses on the liver itself , and the other cleanses the gall bladder, which is directly connected with liver functions. Simple instructions for both can be found on line with search engine inquiries.

Boron was studied in other parts of the world with pronounced success for fluoride detoxification. Borox, which contains boron, has a history of anecdotal success for detoxifying sodium fluoride. Yes, this is the borox you can find in the laundry aisles of some supermarkets. It needs to be taken in with pure water in small quantities.

As little as 1/32 of a teaspoon to 1/4 of a teaspoon in one liter of water consumed in small quantities throughout the day is what has been demonstrated as safe and effective. Around 1/8 of a teaspoon with a pinch of pure sea salt in a liter consumed in small quantities daily has been reported to have dramatic results. There is the possibility of a food grade version with sodium borate, if you can find it.

Dry Saunas combined with exercise releases sodium fluoride stored in fatty tissues. It can be intense enough to cause side effects or an occasional healing crisis. So keep the pure water intake high and drink some chickweed tea to protect the kidneys while using a highly absorbable cal/mag supplement. Lecithin is another useful adjunct to this protocol for fluoride detoxification.

Those Adjuncts to the Listed Remedies

Vitamin C in abundance was not mentioned as a helpful adjunct. It is now. But do not use ascorbic acid as your vitamin C source for an adjunct to any of the fluoride detox methods. Do take in as much other types of vitamin C as you can tolerate, along with a couple of tablespoons of lecithin daily. Add those to your absorbable calcium and magnesium supplements with plenty of pure water, get good sleep and rest, and the detox should be relatively smooth.

Chelation therapies are recommended primarily for heavy metal removals. Though fluorides are salts, the synthetic waste product variety, sodium fluoride, comes with a cargo of toxic heavy metals. And these pernicious salts have a way of combining more heavy metals. So including any one of several chelation therapies may be beneficial for overall health improvements while applying your chosen fluoride remedy or remedies.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Or did I imagine the rise in life expectancy?

Well, we're still alive, but our lives certainly aren't as great as they could be if Fluoride wasn't such a huge part of our diets.

Please go through all the posts to see how it has affected human behavior. It seems as though cities with higher Fluoride levels experience higher crime as well as ADHD in children.

Yes, this thread was originally about allergies to Fluoride, but it's quickly morphing into a deeper understanding of its toxic properties and how it is causing issues with humans as a whole.

Just to make it clear, I was told by my doctor yesterday to avoid gluton, but I stumbled upon the Fluoride issue and it seems as though many of my problems may be due to Fluoride. I'm just trying to educate everyone while educating myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Reverse osmosis 5stage filtration system, mine gives me 50 gallons a day, costs me around 20 gbp per year in filters, then a littlemore the 2nd year to change the expensive filter and70gbp to purchase it. 2 hours work for me to install it,now all drinking water is pure pretty much and so much more tasty.removes flouride and heavy metals as well as other things. My kettle after18months of use isasclean inside as it was the day i purchased it, and i have never cleaned it.

Children also seem to have alot more energy over the last 18months since we have been using this system.

PM me and i will send you link to where they are cheap if you want. As i understand it, i know the skin breathes, but it does not take that muchin,and youcant practically remove everything that is being found to be bad for us, we would starve or die, the food chain is quite disgusting nowadays.

edit on 14-12-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info in this thread!

What's the best way to stop it being put in the water in the first place? Who decides these things and why do people never get a say?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Once you stop ingesting fluoride you must get it out of your body.

The Coffee Enema is one of the most powerful tools for detoxification out there and few seem to practice it.

To be brief, it works on your liver and increases production of bile. Bile contains glutathione S-transferase (GST) which is the most powerful system of antioxidants we know of because they make even very nasty toxins, like mercury, soluble so they can be disposed of via the g.i. tract.

Coffee enemas elevate the presence of GST, by way of bile, to above 500% in the liver and since all your blood goes through your liver every three minutes or so, a dialysis of sorts is created (you typically hold the coffee for 15 minutes).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Brommas: Thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to the link. I'm glad the system is working for you and your family. Regarding the food supply and all the Fluoride in it, it is quite disgusting. I truly had no idea how much Fluoride we take in daily. It's staggering!

HexagonSun: It's hard to say who is the deciding factor when it comes to where and how much Fluoride is added to the water, food, and drinks. It actually seems like a collective effort to poison humans and keep the pharmaceutical industry filling scripts. Just plain sad.

On a brighter note, I just came home from getting magnesium/calcium, lecithin, and kelp to purge my system of the Fluoride and keep it from remaining in my body, so hopefully I'll start feeling much more chipper with more energy soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join