It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fountains of Methane 1000m across Erupt From Arctic Ice!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I'm going to say bullcrap, and put my finger down ..

I'm tired of reading these scare tactics ... from people who simply do not put 2+2 together and appear to be using fear mongering, to earn their living.

Methane is less dense than air, which simply means it will "float" up into the atmosphere, and increase the oxygen concentration here down below ... it's not going to kill us.

Methane into the air, has been happening since ancient times ... in earlier times, people saw "ghosts", which in reality was methane burning in the fields ... with blue light. Boats sinking at bermuda, and aeroplanes dissapearing in the bermuda triangle ... is simply "methane" bubbles, causing boats to sink in large bubbles and aeroplanes dropping like flies, when flying through methane ... which can't support them. The bermuda triangle is just "methane" bubbles ...

That said, any man with half a brain should be putting a question mark besides the so called "science" explanation of ozone. And not to mention the "ozone" layer. IFF, what scientists are saying is true ... even iff only by half ... then all the scientists in the world should NOT be stopping the cars, from emitting carbon, but should be talking to the US, Russia and China about their use of aeroplanes. It should obvious, even to an IDIOT, that the planes in the upper atmosphere do billion times the damage, any cars down below. Even an IDIOT should be able to make that relation.

And when you go beyond that, you should simply look at "gravity" and say to yourself "ozone" molecule, in the upper atmosphere? The hypothesis, isn't just bullcrap ... it's like a swizz cheese, full off it ...

Taking it further, one should also realize and observe that each year weather is different. Last year, we had snow and cold here more than ever before. It hadn't been like this, since the 60's .... and any observer, even a moderate one, should notice that on early morning the daylight is actually starting later than before. Years and years, I've been waking up at 7pm and it's starting to get light ... now, it's starting to get light in december at 8pm ... it's DEFINATELY later, no question about it. The earth has tilted. And every year, the winter starts LATER ...

This has all happened before in history ... over a thousand years ago, people had the experience, maybe it was more severe, maybe less. But fact of the matter is, the earth is tilting and wobbling on it's axis ... causing daylight to be longer or less, year from year ... and the earth is closer to the sun, year from year, than before and it's closer time is changing from year to year. You can observe these facts yourself ... you don't need to look at NASAS fake figures ... and then read history, and know ... this isn't anything new.

The problem is, all of you are buying into political propaganda. You are like fish, that are taking the bait, with hook sink and line ... yeah, you're are literally eating the sink to. The political system, is putting the industry into cheaper countries and to be able to obtain that, they need YOU to be positive to the transition. And the only way to make you positive to the idea, is to scare your stupid head off ... with fairy tales. Then you go and say "less industry", while the GOP makes a hell of a lot of money, by letting China do it cheap ... and then selling it to you, the idiot ... at a margin level of about several hundred percentiles.

WAKE UP

edit on 16-12-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

You're welcome and I really did think your post was excellent. It also just makes common sense since the Siberian shelf it 200 ft? meters? under water, so sun and air temps aren't likely to have as large an effect. If it did for example the great lakes would get a heck of a lot warmer too....grin. Yes that was completely unscientific, but it's the best anaology I could come up before my first cup of coffee.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ok, Why havnt they built giant stainless steel domes to harvest the gas for peeps to use. would help people heat their homes in the winter!! just saying!!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

You are showing pictures of Chinas numerous coal fired power plants polluting the air.

We can go ahead and fix that with different power plants.

However, the Earth will STILL have another ice age in about 1,500 years no matter what we
do. It's the natural cycle of the Earth. We do not have the technology or the means to
slow it down or stop it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Some of these posts are so ignorant, it makes me think humanity deserves what is has coming for our ignorance.

This amount of energy would be the equivalent of giving every person on Earth five 1,400-Watt hair dryers, and running them constantly during the 20-year study period,

The average automobile uses over a 100,000 watts, and vehicles are on the road 24/7, not to mention the vast number of motors and burners being used 24/7 by industry.

The U.S. uses 48,891,000,000 kWh just to refine the oil to produce the gasoline used in our cars. How many hair dryers it that?

Are your math skills up to it?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You have just proven that you know absolutely nothing about science, cause and effect, energy, or pretty much anything more complicated than a nut and a bolt, and I wonder about that.

Look up heat transfer.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Clearly the concept of greenhouse effect goes completely over your head.

I would say at least a quart shy of half a brain.

Taking it further, one should also realize and observe that each year weather is different.

Wow, a savant.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

You have just proven that you know absolutely nothing about science, cause and effect, energy, or pretty much anything more complicated than a nut and a bolt, and I wonder about that.

Look up heat transfer.

You can say or do whatever you want.
We are still going to have an ice age in about 1,500 years.

You are just a spectator who is misinformed.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Seriously, that's an insanely arrogant statement.

There are far too many wild cards to predict the future of the earth's climate that far in advance.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Caver78

Some of these posts are so ignorant, it makes me think humanity deserves what is has coming for our ignorance.

This amount of energy would be the equivalent of giving every person on Earth five 1,400-Watt hair dryers, and running them constantly during the 20-year study period,

The average automobile uses over a 100,000 watts, and vehicles are on the road 24/7, not to mention the vast number of motors and burners being used 24/7 by industry.

The U.S. uses 48,891,000,000 kWh just to refine the oil to produce the gasoline used in our cars. How many hair dryers it that?

Are your math skills up to it?

1990 5,278,639,789

2000 6,082,966,429

2010 6,848,932,929

source

5278639789 + 6082966429 + 6848932429 = 18210538647

18210538647 / 3 = 6070179549 average world population for the period 1990-2010

1400 (watts/hair dryer) * 4 (hair dryers) * 607017959 (people)= 3,399,300,570,400

3399300570400 * 24(hours/day) * 365(days/year) * 20 (years of study period) = 5.9555746 × 10^17 ~total energy measurement over study period.

I don.'t know for certain but it kinda seems to dwarf the human activity...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Seriously, that's an insanely arrogant statement.

There are far too many wild cards to predict the future of the earth's climate that far in advance.

Scientists have taken ice core samples.

Go do your honest research. Ice ages happen like clock work.

Stop pontificating on the message boards. Seek the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

The earth allows us to live because these previous climate changes came in an orderly cycle. Just like the seasons, mostly predictable.

It is based on orbit, tilt, solar radiation, and a lot of other mathmatical data. The tugs from gravity of Jupiter and Saturn pull the Earth into a cooling period. The gravity of the moon.

We are in an interglacial period. The effects of the next glacial period could take another 20,000 years. Nothing should be happening right now.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No, they don't.

You're being far too general.

They seem to happen in cycles, but they are far from perfect.

There are wild cards, namely HUMAN BEINGS INTERACTING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT, that is ALREADY changing the nature, and seemingly sound cycles of this planet.

Shame on you for thinking my thoughts are just pontification.
edit on 16-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Out of all the things to be annihilated by...

A killer earth fart!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

No, they don't.

You're being far too general.

They seem to happen in cycles, but they are far from perfect.

There are wild cards, namely HUMAN BEINGS INTERACTING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT, that is ALREADY changing the nature, and seemingly sound cycles of this planet.

Shame on you for thinking my thoughts are just pontification.
edit on 16-12-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

No harm will come to you. Just jump over to Wikipedia and seek the truth for 10 minutes.

Truth: The typical interglacial period lasts about 12,000 years.

The clock is ticking. We are due for another one.

The idea that we have the power to slow it down or stop it is laughable.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by tangonine

The earth allows us to live because these previous climate changes came in an orderly cycle. Just like the seasons, mostly predictable.

It is based on orbit, tilt, solar radiation, and a lot of other mathmatical data. The tugs from gravity of Jupiter and Saturn pull the Earth into a cooling period. The gravity of the moon.

We are in an interglacial period. The effects of the next glacial period could take another 20,000 years. Nothing should be happening right now.

I'm not sure why but whenever i hear the truth i recognize it instantly.

This also gives me the ability to recognize Al Gore BS.

I got the 1,500 year number from the Discovery Channel.
Some scientists from Europe went to Antarctica and grabbed a bunch of ice core samples.
It clearly showed the Earths ice ages appearing like a giant clock.

Then they guessed the next ice age will arrive in about 1,500 years.

edit on 16-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

48,891,000,000,000 Wh verses 3,399,300,570,400 Wh

or to shorten the numbers, 48.9T Wh verses 3.4T Wh,

U.S. oil refinery alone uses considerably more than 10 times the amount you claimed needed to be used by hair dryers to warm deep ocean around Antarctica.

www.nationmaster.com...

World electricity usage on oil refinery alone.

202,996,000,000 kWh, as in Kilo Watts per Hour which is 203T wh

Get the picture?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

1,500 years plus or minus 1,500 years is more accurate.

And the next massive die off could come next year, doesn't change the reality that right now, if reports are accurate, the arctic ocean is boiling methane. If one of these little methane volcanoes gets down a mere 200M, we could be in big trouble.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I love this statement, humans can't possibly affect the earth. Fact is, the system is so finely tuned that it doesn't take much to send it out of whack.

Here is a good example how:

Because of the higher then normal CO2 levels in the region, and the deforestation of 272,000 square miles (which is just slightly smaller then the country of Uganda) has caused a second 100 year drought in the rainforest. The rainforest usually absorbes 1. 5 gigatons of carbon, is now belting out 8 gigatons of carbon because of all the dead and decaying trees and vegatation. To put this in perspective, that is more then the US puts out in a year.

The Bingham Canyon Open Pit Copper Mine outside of Salt Lake, is bigger then Meteor Crater.

The Three Gorges Dam has created a resevoir that is longer then Lake Superior.
After the 2006 resovoir increase, 822 tremors were detected.
The dam reduced the flow of the river by 50%, causing drought in Eastern China.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join