It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Don't Believe There Will Ever Be A Disclosure, Nor An Alien Invasion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Sorry to kill the thread

It’s not my thread.

and ruin your discussion in your opinion

It’s not my discussion. The post you replied to was my first in the thread.

this is a public forum

It’s not a public forum. It is privately owned and administered, and only members approved by the management are allowed to post in it.

your friends probably don't have a problem ignoring my opinion.

They’re not my friends and besides, activity on the thread came to a halt after your post.

Unintelligent? I know of some very intelligent people that would be looking down on you for saying that, or they would just laugh at you.

If you find an intelligent person who believes human beings are being abducted by aliens, post his photo here. Along with his fingerprints.

edit on 18/12/11 by Astyanax because: something got left out.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by greyer

Sorry to kill the thread

It’s not my thread.

and ruin your discussion in your opinion

It’s not my discussion. The post you replied to was my first in the thread.

this is a public forum

It’s not a public forum. It is privately owned and administered, and only members approved by the management are allowed to post in it.

your friends probably don't have a problem ignoring my opinion.

They’re not my friends and besides, activity on the thread came to a halt after your post.

Unintelligent? I know of some very intelligent people that would be looking down on you for saying that, or they would just laugh at you.

If you find an intelligent person who believes human beings are being abducted by aliens, post his photo here. Along with his fingerprints.

edit on 18/12/11 by Astyanax because: something got left out.

Lol you don't need to break down my words and sentences. For saying this is a public forum, you can definetly call me stupid for that, I just meant its free for people to post lol.
edit on 18-12-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

This is a thread for people who believe that the UFO phenomena and whoever is behind it, be it aliens from other planets, another parallel civilization, or simply an unidentified race of beings, is a reality.

I am sceptical about it, but that is no barrier to discussion.

From what we know so far, they've been with us for a very long time, tens of thousands of years... they did their own thing, regardless of our presence, back then, just like now... Yet one thing we can say for sure: what they never did is to invade this world... So why would they do it now?

Even if we accept that UFOs are the products of non-human intelligences and not a natural phenomenon or mere products of human self-deception, we have to concede that we know almost nothing about them. The historical record of sightings and contacts is so diverse that it is impossible to draw any meaningful conclusions from it. Sixty years of more or less regular sightings – plus a few historical and archaeological oddities from before that period – have left us with very little solid data.

That leaves the field wide open to speculators. We must be careful not to let our anthropocentric prejudices mislead us, however. Even if the ‘saucers’ are under the control of organic intelligences, why assume that such beings are individual, free-standing entities like ourselves? What if they were parts of a colony organism, like an anthill or a slime mould? Or what if the saucers – sorry, I just like using the word – are themselves alive? This could be true even if they carried little green (or – sigh – grey) men inside their bellies.

I do not bring these up as real possibilities (although they might be); I do so to show how little we know about UFOs. Still, there is one thing we can be sure of: if, as you say, UFOs have been visiting us for thousands of years, then there must exist on this planet something of great value to them. Something worth the expenditure of vast amounts of energy – the ultimate currency of the universe – over many thousands of years.

Plugging some plausible numbers into the Drake equation, we discover that alien civilizations in our galaxy must be spaced at least 200 light-years apart. We know how energy-intensive interstellar travel must be; even a single trip is enormously, almost unimaginably expensive. There is nothing that can be done to reduce this cost; the laws of physics insist upon it. Even if we bring in fantasy physics such as wormholes, FTL drives or quantum entanglement, the energy budget is never reduced; in fact it is increased. And if, as you suggest, the saucers are visiting us from ‘a separate reality’, I can only imagine that such travel would be even more expensive, since the energy required to create or exploit a link between parallel universes must be colossal (assuming such a thing is possible in the first place, which I frankly doubt).

So whatever it is that makes Earth worth the UFOs’ while is also worth the sustained expenditure of huge amounts of energy over millennia. It must be something very special indeed.

That being so, there is really nothing we can infer about the UFOs’ future behaviour simply by observing how they have behaved in the past. The thing that brings them here may be some sustained, aeons-long project, which has not yet come to fruition. We cannot know when it will; it may not happen for a billion years, or it may occur before I finish typing this lengthy post.

But one thing we do know: the stakes our hypothetical aliens are playing for must be almost inconceivably high. And that, any way you look at it, is bad news for humankind. Unless the ufonauts are as vastly superior to us in moral elevation as they must be in technological advancement to be able to afford and sustain such a long-term project, so far from home, over such vast lengths of time, our own welfare must be of vanishingly little concern to them compared to the success of their project. The completion of their ages-long preparations may well spell doom for us; the operationalization of their project may well be humanity’s dies irae.

I agree with Stephen Hawking that any human encounter with superior alien intelligences is likely to end badly for us; the supporting evidence for this comes not just from human history but from the evolutionary record of life on this planet. If the aliens really are aliens, and if they are here already, and if they have for the most part left us alone – well, let us be thankful, and let us hope and pray that they continue to shun us.

It is always dangerous – even when it is beneficial – to be the object of attention from those more powerful than ourselves. May disclosure never come.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join