It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Autocrates Refuse to Speak English and Threaten to Remove the UK's EU Rebate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Romania also joined the EU back in 2008 I guess. We were promised "EU funds" bla bla , however the fact is - we paid about 8 times more money TO the EU in comparison with what we got. Where exactly is the money going? Looks like all the countries are trapped like this, just wondering what is happening with all the money?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yuh but they can still give aid to countries which are corrupt that is what annoys me.

Now those who are fighting for out country, who are coming back injured might not be able to receive the care they should be entitled to. That is what annoys me more.

What is the intake in the armed forces this year, has it increased or decreased.

If my son was old enough and wanted to join the armed forces. I for one would tell him NO. And show him how the armed forces are treated by the Government.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes a sorry state that is. As for the "aid", I think that is more bribary than aid.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think that the real objective of the EU, and the real reason that the UK is resisting, is being left out of the discussion.

Until now, the EU have mainly been funded by customs related revenues and membership dues. The tax on financial transactions, will be the first EU tax, and the EU aristocracy wants it bad... They produce 70 percent of the legislation, receive 3 to 4 times the pay of an equivalent northern european job, pays very little taxes, and they don't have the ability to tax.

Not only would 80 percent of the tax be paid by the UK, but at the same time the EU would push for others taxes. After all, there's no sense in wasting a perfectly good recession when you can use it to push for more power to the EU and less power for the national parliaments.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well here is another slap down for the Euro-zone, the Chancellor of the UK has said no to the 50 billion injection to the IMF fund to help out the Euro-zone Countries.

Chancellor George Osborne has refused to contribute to the IMF's bailout fund for the EU, Sky News has learned.

Mr Osborne told his EU colleagues he will not provide any cash to boost the 200bn euro fund, which is specifically aimed at the troubled eurozone.

The conference call with 26 other EU finance ministers lasted three hours but ended without Britain's agreement to put in up to 50bn euros.

Mr Osborne insisted that while Britain was ready to take part in global efforts to bolster the IMF's coffers, it would not participate in a fund only aimed at the beleaguered eurozone region.

If my opinion he was right to refuse, why should we pay for something we do not use. I find it amusing they tried to persuade him for 3 hours, just for him to reply NO.

Sky News
edit on 20-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

edit on 20-12-2011 by Suspiria because: two year old son decided to have an opinion

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Did any one catch that interview with Ms Le pen, last night? On Sky News. She also wants to pull out of the euro, she is leader of the Front National Francais. A French right wing goose stepper. Sarkozy had best watch him self. The next french elections will be interesting to say the least. She agrees with Cameron 100%.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Did any one catch that interview with Ms Le pen, last night? On Sky News. She also wants to pull out of the euro, she is leader of the Front National Francais. A French right wing goose stepper. Sarkozy had best watch him self. The next french elections will be interesting to say the least. She agrees with Cameron 100%.

I saw the last minute or so of that discussion, and am I right in saying she spoke French all the way through?

To be honest I think this is a very dangerous time. People all over Europe are looking for someone with answers, and of it's the right-wing providing those answers we could very well see an incredible rise in nationalist governments, and that will not help anyone.

We don't want to go from one extreme to the other. We need balanced government, with leaders able to protect our interests as citizens without being overly authoritarian and meddling.

History does seem to be repeating itself, and I fear we have definitely not learned from it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Are you perhaps refering to the same royal perogative that has been under power of the executive branch of goverment for as far back as Churchill? As in the same royal perogative that gives the PRIME MINISTER and the CABINET all of the powers that hundreds of years ago were owned by the royals?

AS level 'Goverment and Politics' (16-18 year old education).

Source: Unit Two 'The executive'.

I'm assuming you're American?..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join