It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS search function is inadequate....What happened to the old key word style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really dislike the ATS search funtion..................

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A U.S. Congressional panel has frozen $700 million in aid to Pakistan until it gives assurances it is helping fight the spread of homemade bombs in the region, a move one Pakistani senator called unwise and likely to strain ties further.

Pakistan is one of the largest recipients of U.S. foreign aid and the cutback announced is only a small proportion of the billions in civil and military assistance it gets each year.

But it could presage even greater cuts.

Calls are growing in the United States to penalize Islamabad for failing to act against militant groups and, at worst, helping them, after the secret U.S. raid on a Pakistan garrison town in which al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed in May.

Salim Saifullah, chairman of Pakistan's Senate foreign relations committee, warned that relations, which are already at a low point, could worsen further following the decision by the U.S. House-Senate panel.

"I don't think this is a wise move. It could hurt ties. There should instead be efforts to increase cooperation. I don't see any good coming out of this," Saifullah told Reuters.

Homemade bombs, or improvised explosive devices (IEDs), are among militants' most effective weapons against U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan as they struggle to fight a resurgent Taliban insurgency.

Many are made using ammonium nitrate, a common fertilizer smuggled across the border from Pakistan. The freeze on U.S. aid was agreed as part of a defense bill that is expected to be passed this week..

For more visit this link.
news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-freeze-700-million-pakistan-over-ieds-0111 03800.html

Is the search function broken......I did two searches and found no matches....

Should'nt this be front page news?

Did I miss something?

edit on 13-12-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

edit on 13-12-2011 by liejunkie01 because: link

edit on 13-12-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i have to say that the ATS search function is really inadequate.

What ever happened to the old style with key words.

I am disappointed.....................

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would like to say that I thought I was only going to be on for a few minutes. I thought I had to go get the son from basketball practice..............Mom did

I did not have too much time but I looked on the New topics page and did two seperate searches(different wording) on the topic......................

Seriously,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why does'nt the search function find it? It seems to me that it should find Pakistan, US, aid, and funding, to make a match for similar threads...............

Or, am I expecting too much in the new information age

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I found it on the first search....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What did I type in for the search?

"A U.S. Congressional panel has frozen $700 million in aid to Pakistan"

it was second from the top, this thread came up first. Go figure.
edit on 13-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I did a few more searches and after the 70th try, I found one...................

I just get frustrated sometimes.

If you have'nt heard the news then feel free to read the article

ETA: I copy pasted the article headline in the search function......

edit on 13-12-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I am right now, in the thread that is open about it

No,I understand. Sometimes I have issues finding threads using the search function as well.

ETA: If you copied and pasted, I guess you just missed it. It's been open since this morning.

No worries.

Hope I was of some help

edit on 13-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join