It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a simple test for those signing up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It seems to me too many people are joining us here at ATS and spewing absolute drivel in our faces!

I suggest a simple test that would allow people who actually want to learn and contribute to do so and to disallow people who just join for a laugh and to troll and to nay say everything they read!

ATS used to be so much more! what has happened?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

1.Where do jobs come from?

2.Where do taxes come from?

3.How does the economy grow?

Here is a start to the new test your going to format for ATS!

The awnser key is available after you complete the test!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow, "Great Idea!" Hey, Why don't you write it up, administer the test, grade it, all within what you and your buds here at ATS believe to be fair, then let whoever you and your new regime want, qualify. Sound familiar?

Scotland Huh?
edit on 12/13/2011 by BlindSided because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The 20 post minimum for new member is just that. A way for them to test the waters, learn the ropes and get kicked to the curb if they are unable to comply with the T&C.

There's no reason to implement some other forum of "testing" in order to determine who should be an ATS member and who should not. I like to think this community is accepting of all different viewpoints and beliefs; even those we don't agree with.

That's just my two cents as a member however and in no way an official "staff" response.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
It seems to me too many people are joining us here at ATS and spewing absolute drivel in our faces!

I suggest a simple test that would allow people who actually want to learn and contribute to do so and to disallow people who just join for a laugh and to troll and to nay say everything they read!

ATS used to be so much more! what has happened?

Crazy bizarre idea!

Since we're on a "conspiracy" forum, heated debates and different opinions are pretty much implied, even more so because MANY subjects are actually highly emotional/subjective in nature, for example politics.

What you want is nothing less than that people "comply" and don't voice their opinion if you or anyone doesn't agree with it. Would be a pretty boring forum, wouldn't you say?

Who is to decide who/what counts as drivel or trolling? What's the criteria? If anything, the diversity of opinions and the often heated debates are actually what makes this forum interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

1. Kind rich people and the government.
2. Magic.
3. Kind rich people and the government.

Did I pass?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

1. Kind rich people and the government.
2. Magic.
3. Kind rich people and the government.

Did I pass?

Sure...depending on what country you are in right?

In the U.S. I would say that is a perfect score!

Edit: On topic...what a terrible idea...I enjoy reading comment from those that have passed and failed all of lifes tests...why do we need another?

edit on 13-12-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

In the nearing 7 years that I've been a Member of this fine Community, this type query, question and ponder has come up more times than there are months or days in the same - year, that is.

Much the same as those who decry, denounce and/or criticize the overall content herein...

It makes no sense.

Individual efforts, concerns and considerations regarding such would certainly be better expended, appreciated and ultimately realized by merely 'being the change you wish to see'. (?)

It can seem rather frustrating and inconsequential at times, but it's still the 'best foot forward' overall ... imo. (?)

You, Me, He, She wants better quality 'content' .. Create It.

Bring It To The Table.

I'd have to say that you can rest assured it'll be discussed, dissected and determined fact or fiction quite thoroughly .. immediately, even, in certain cases

If it's 'Fluff-N-Stuff' it'll be proven or shown to be just that.

If it holds merit and is worthy further consideration(s) ... that, too, will be made known.

If it's outright BS ... I pity the fool.

ATS is what WE the Members make it ... nothing more ... nothing less.

NO 'test' required.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Are you suggesting something like an aptitude test?
I wrote my very first thread asking the same question...
The answer was ,no!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Most people would pass a simple test. That wouldn't stop them from being annoying or trolling, now would it?

You ask what has happened to ATS? It's gotten bigger, and better. Of course, in the process, the ratio of good threads to bad threads has decreased.

As I read above, bring it to the table. Make a good thread, and let it shine. You'll definitely get noticed by other members, and in the process, inspire them to try harder.

Not everyone can shine. To those who can, shine your brightest!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yea! that would make it real elite like! Then all us "original, smart and special members" the "master members" can ferret out the other members that are not up to the newly adopted standard. We can segregate them into their own special area. So the newly segragated members can be controlled, what with their silly comments and all. Soon after, we (the special members) can assign a special unit to remove the inferior members to a specific area. so we can come up with an ultimate "final solution" to the inferior member question.
Does THAT sound familiar????????

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No test is needed. But that is what the 20 post minimum is. It is there to discourage trolls and such from creating idiotic threads.

But here is the thing. This is a member driven site. We the members are responsible for the content of this site. If you do not like the content you are seeing, then step up and be an example.

Show us all what a great post or thread looks like.

In simple terms, be the change you wish to see.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

Why even bother with a test? How about a height scale that says "Your intellect must be at least this tall to post on ATS."

I claim no patent to the concept...

Convenience Store Monkeys, not just for knowing how tall the armed robbers are anymore...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah you passed, by the way you need to update your Obama 2012 bumper sticker (Joking) but when you think about there are people out there who could give answers like yours for real and then they go and vote.... Scary, but I guess that is what gave us Obama in 2008, lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
All you need is one simple rotating timed true or false question such as.

You have 5 seconds to answer this true or false question.

Darwin said humans come from apes. True or false?

And with a tracker used to monitor if they went to goolge they are accepted or rejected.

You'd be denying alot of ignorance right at the door.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The news paper.

Me.

More taxes from me.

edit on 13-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2011 by jerryznv because: Remove...just because...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

translation - you only want the " sheep " who agree with you

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What kind of test?
Will I have to stop eating the day before?
Will I have to pee in a cup?
Can I have a study guide?
What if I'm caught cheating?
Is it graded on a curve?
And can I sit next to someone smart when taking it?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

those sound like some sound answers as to how to face any kind of given test .
like the math exam im gonna have to write at school 2 days from now >.<
proper bloody bollocks mate , oi ?
edit on 14-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join