It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attawapiskat - The Canadian 3rd World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
After a few weeks of a northern Ontario Indian reserve being all over the Canadian news... Blaming the government... And just about everyone else who ISN'T an Indian.
For those of you looking for the facts, and how MISINFORMATION works.... Give this a Gander:

UNDERSTANDING ATTAWAPISKAT

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great post...Ezra Lavant is absolutely right. The Band Councils do very little to uplift individuals who live on reserves. I am a front desk agent at a motel in a west-central Saskatchewan city. We get work crews staying with us all the time and many of the workers come from the local reservations. When these young guys get a job, the band immediately cuts them a cheque for the cost of their boots, tools and anything else they might need to start work, regardless of whether they already have what they need or not. 8 times out of 10, these guys will cash the cheque and spend it on booze, get loaded, start fighting & consequently get thrown out of the motel.

I went to the bingo hall one evening this last summer and I was one of maybe 4 white people there. Many had come in from the reserves to play. The police have to patrol the parking lots because there have been so many that will leave their kids in their vehicles for hours waiting for their "parents" to get done playing bingo....a few were still in diapers.

Personally, I have seen way too much of this kind of behavior to be generous when they put their hands out to the government asking for more of MY tax money.

S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

This is typical, a bunch of @ssclown political talking heads trying to blame everyone and anyone on the other side, but not looking at the real problem, because someone in their new religion of "political correctness" might be offended. I don't care what colour, race, nationality, gender or religion anyone happens to be, there are stupid people everywhere. Kick the chief's @ss and get some fiscal responsibility going there.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
He hit it right on the spot S&F
I work at Debeers mine 90 km west of Attawapiskat
2 year there for a contractor
and 2 to 3 year at the mine
every year after the winter road is a go to transportage to start there a road block
and they want more money and that after DeBeer gave then two full set of trailer and set them up

I come in a small town with two reserve the two are like day and night
One look as bad as Attawapiskat the other is much like the rest of the town
And by the way some of my best friend are native

top topics

join