It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops surround Syria on the eve of invasion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Cited in part only. I understand this site might have questionable content but still interesting to consider the possibilities. Anyone aware of any other news that might otherwise confirm this rumour?

Russia Today

A former official from within the ranks of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is reporting that US and NATO forces have landed outside of Syria and are training militants to overthrow the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.

Whistleblower Sibel Edmonds, formerly a translator with the FBI, wrote over the weekend that American soldiers are among the NATO troops that have mysteriously and suddenly landed on the Jordanian and Syrian border. According to her, several sources internationally have confirmed the news, although the US media has been instructed to temporarily censor itself from reporting the news.

Additionally, Edmonds says that American and NATO forces are training Turkish troops as well, to possibly launch a strike from the north of Syria.

In her report, Edmonds says that NATO troops have been training soldiers just outside of Syria since as early as May, and that US media is prohibited from reporting on it until today. The Turkish paper Milliyet also reports that defected Syrian colonel Riad al-Assad is preparing troops to take over the Syrian government as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It would be right on time on a certain or a few prophecies coming to life.

This will create 100.000 new "bin Ladens"

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I believe it was Cayce who predicted that Syria would be completely destroyed from within, without intervention from outside forces.

Maybe if there is a military build up from outside it's borders, they are their to pick up the pieces.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Anyone aware of any other news that might otherwise confirm this rumour?

Try this......

Sorry, can't get it to embed right. Here is the vid:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 12/13/2011 by ChachiArcola because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2011 by ChachiArcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry I was wrong and did not make a mental connection with the name.
edit on 12/13/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

This is silly. The Syrian military is defecting I think they can handle training the general population. Along with that what training do the Turks need? They are well trained up to NATO standards as they are in NATO. And lets just say for the sake of argument that some one needed to train Syrians in Jordan, would it not make more sense to have the Jordians, Egyptians or Saudis do it? Syria has enough trouble from within and is under pressure from all it neighbors as well. The US and NATO (outside of Turkey) are happy to let them handle it so they do not have to.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
An article on Edmonds and who she is.

Sibel Edmonds has a story to tell. She went to work as a Turkish and Farsi translator for the FBI five days after 9/11. Part of her job was to translate and transcribe recordings of conversations between suspected Turkish intelligence agents and their American contacts. She was fired from the FBI in April 2002 after she raised concerns that one of the translators in her section was a member of a Turkish organization that was under investigation for bribing senior government officials and members of Congress, drug trafficking, illegal weapons sales, money laundering, and nuclear proliferation. She appealed her termination, but was more alarmed that no effort was being made to address the corruption that she had been monitoring.

A Department of Justice inspector general’s report called Edmonds’s allegations “credible,” “serious,” and “warrant[ing] a thorough and careful review by the FBI.” Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee members Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) have backed her publicly. “60 Minutes” launched an investigation of her claims and found them believable. No one has ever disproved any of Edmonds’s revelations, which she says can be verified by FBI investigative files.

You should read the article.

This may have legs. Usually RT's stuff is crap, but who knows.

She is Iranian born and I think raised in Turkey. Could also be pure propaganda, who knows. Who knows where her allegiances lie. This also sounds like it could be propaganda from Iran. Hard to tell. She has been throwing around lots of accusations since she became well know due to her initial whistle blowing. I don't know if she is anti-American and propagandist or not.

Being in RT does not add to credibility though.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The antichrist will be at the gates of damascus trying to take the holy city:

islamicweb.com...

The Holy Prophet Muhammad(p) has prophesied about several events that will occur just before the advent of the day of judgment. Among these, Muhammad(p) has foretold the return of Jesus(p), which will materialize when a one eyed claimant to divinity (Antichrist) will attempt to misguide the humanity into worshipping him. Messiah will descend from the heavens in Damascus, pray behind Imam Mahdi, pursue and kill the Antichrist, destroy the savage and unbelieving armies of Gog and Magog, and bring peace and brotherhood to the world. Christians will recognize the truth and accept him only as a Messenger of God; the religion of God (Islam) will justly rule the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Here is the original source on her Blog "Boiling Frogs"

Scroll to the bottom.

The real source is the Corbett Report not Edmonds. RT as usual had it wrong.

There is a video from the Corbett Report with the actual story.
Can't get it to post so best to just use the video at Boiling Frog.
edit on 12/13/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe 7 syrian government agents were killed today as reported on CNN of all places

I do think its goin down sooner radther than later.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Arab League could be behind this if it's real. I'm not finding anything yet to confirm it is for real though. The Arab League appears to have united in it's stance against the Syrian Dictator.

Iran I guess is threatening to block the Straight of Hormuz. My first thought it may be propaganda may be right.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All of the info you all are on about, is easily availible, in the correct form, on this thread from yesterday, clearly you are not up to speed, or correct in this current posting....

It was 11 killed, and it was a cross border with turkey incident....

Geeezzzzzz

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sibel Edmonds is a 9/11 whistleblower. Her claim is the Bin Laden was working for the US Government right up until the day of 9/11 and this is one of the topics she speaks out about.

I am pretty sure RT has got it's source wrong. Sibel Edmonds should be WAY out of the loop now.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to keep up with all the threads here? Some of us have jobs and lives.

No need to be rude.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

She has that new blog and she has the video of an interview on it. I'm not sure she is reliable at all. Her stuff makes sound like a Patriot, but I don't know. I've seen her stuff a few times. We all know that RT is a propaganda source.

I'll have to look at the other thread and see what they found.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not rude sir, just correcting your mistakes, oh, and by the way, I myself work over 70 hrs a week, and I expect you, to live up to the same standard as all other ATS'er's, do a search prior to posting, and then try to get the facts straight from sources, and for the love of god, post them.....

Unless your too busy, that is, I've got a life too, friend, sorry if I came off rude, my apologies...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"Eve of Invasion" huh?

Yeah right...where do folks get this stuff? From these obscure webistes who use outlandish fearmongering articles to drum up hits? Folks on here are so naiave.

Nobody is about to attack Syria.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would rather be naive than an immature troll. Mods clearly aren't doing the job of moderating and now ATS (at least on this sub forum) is nothing but a # fight of moronic insulting crap.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I've always looked at RT as a credible source.. i wouldn't question it. I see more truth come from their network than any of the typical western news outlet's (murdoch empire, bbc, cnn, etc).

RT tends to use tabloid-esque headlines although their articles are far from tabloid-like content. They are professionals when it comes to journalism and getting the facts straight.

I would not be surprised at all if this is true. That opinion alone shows how messed up the world's media is... you'd think when "ALL" if not "MOST" news networks cover a stroy it would be true. These days, it seems the less it is broadcast through the public media, the more likely it is to be true.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'll be surprised if this happens to any country in SCO which Syria are not however.

en.wikipedia.org...

It will be interesting to see what members of SCO do if another member of SCO is attacked.

edit on 14-12-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

top topics

join