It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South African grandparents denied Australian visa after failing medicals (to be deported)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

South African grandparents denied Australian visa after failing medicals (to be deported)

www.visabureau. com

The Konschels' application to Australian immigration was refused in 2010 on the basis of a failed health assessments undertaken by Mr. Konschel, despite having passed two previous health assessments made when applying for the visa. The couple appealed the decision on compassionate grounds, stating that as both of their children live in Australia and they have no other close family , they would have no carers if deported to South Africa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
m.theage.com.au

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This happens to be a friend of mine grandparents.

Basically, the Australian government is going to deport them back to South Africa, at 84 and 83 years old, even though their whole family lives here in Australia and they depend on them for finance and care.

Mr. Konschel spent a rather interesting life developing anti landmine protection.

Meanwhile, the government wants to let in more illegal boat people, who have no one here to care for them, and give them free health care and support, even though the majority of them have no documentation and fail security checks.

The irony is, if Mr. and Mrs. Konschel had arrived illegally, on boats, they'd be allowed to stay and have their medical bills paid for.

If you dont agree with the situation, the family have started a petition for an appeal, so if you could sign and forward that, that would help a lot:

www.change.org...

www.visabureau. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i will sign it with pleasure. tell them if they do get deported, fly to indonesia and get on a boat. then they will get the red carpet treatment.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
i will sign it with pleasure. tell them if they do get deported, fly to indonesia and get on a boat. then they will get the red carpet treatment.

Believe me I have! I told them to just get a boat, dump their papers in the water, go out to sea and come back

These immigration laws are really messed up.

Please spread the word if you can!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
See now this pisses me off. Here we have two old people who's only family live here and can support them and they're getting grief from the government. Yet there's young able bodied young men arriving by boat illigaly instead of fighting for the very country our troops are over there fightng for and they get paid while in detention, all the medical treatment they need and the governmant even buys them cigarettes. And "if" they do get sent home they're given thousands of dollars and other support (paid for by us) to help them get a business started.

I hate the Gillard government. I really do.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Surely there is a basis for discrimination here. Has that angle been explored by a legal representative? I loathe these types of stories they are not a true reflection of the Australian people just the power hungry people who make decisions without our input.

Gets some media coverage and put the story on the front of the newspaper. There has got to be a way to make this right because as it stands this situation is all wrong.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This definitely sounds newsworthy. Imagine the headlines with their old, helpless faces. Threatening to go to the media could tip things in your favour.

There must be some good precedents. I've heard of similar stories.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What has happened to my country?

I would hate to total the tax I have paid to our Fed. Govt. only to see it mis-spent on any lost cause when these aged persons are denied the right to live with and be cared for by their family.

If these two people were Asian or indigenous Sth. African I would suggest that this present situation would not apply, as much as I love it, my country has truly lost something we will never regain: Common bl**dy sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What's wrong with them? Why don't they come home and starve like the rest of the old people here?

Sorry, my sarcasm is kicking in ... i hope they never have to leave there.

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I shake my head at gillards mob.Worst government ever that we have ever seen in our once great land.I cant begin to express my disgust at this bunch of mewling liberal poll drinking wankers.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Now that America is potentially going down the dunny, Australia will surely be next thanks to our fantastic pm who loves to kiss Obamas buttocks. I'm already contemplating on moving to New Zealand...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks guys!

Yeah, it is all a mess, hopefully we can get this sorted. I hope you all signed and if you can spread it on facebook or whatever as well that would help a lot!

Here's the link to the petition again:

www.change.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Im bumping this, because it's a real issue, a real problem, that we can all do something about for once rather than just post about what ifs.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

good news...just heard the immigration minister on radio talking about this very case and he has gave his word that they will have good news before christmas.. when pressed, he said they will be allowed to stay. the radio station was trying to contact the family to let them know.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes we did it!

www.theage.com.au...

Thank you to everybody who signed the petition and helped spread the word!
edit on 15-12-2011 by Rukas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
so whats the problem? allow them to be deported, then float them back to australia on a boat illegally..

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Rukas

good news...just heard the immigration minister on radio talking about this very case and he has gave his word that they will have good news before christmas.. when pressed, he said they will be allowed to stay. the radio station was trying to contact the family to let them know.

Bravo.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by this at all. I lived in South Africa as a teen, and my step father was offered a job in Australia. Unfortunately for him, he had a pace-maker at 35 years old and could not immigrate to Australia as he wouldn't pass the medical. That was 20 years ago so this is nothing new.
edit on 16-12-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Oh yay! I just signed it, then read that it was all good now. Good job to all the people that kept on fighting

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

My Thought Exactly!...Come over on a "Tin Boat"...and they'll lay out the Red Carpet for you...while GIVING you everything you Need!

new topics

top topics

join