It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater aka Xe changes name yet again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Once called Blackwater, firm changes name again

The US security firm formerly known as Blackwater, which was barred from Iraq over a deadly 2007 shooting, renamed itself a second time Monday.

USTC Holdings, the investor consortium that acquired ex-Blackwater firm Xe Services in December 2010, announced ACADEMI as the new name and brand for Xe Services.

Yeah keep changing your name... won't change the fact that you are ruthless mercenaries that commit war crimes again and again and nobody ever ends up in jail.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Changing names repeatedly just like any other detested criminal would do.

Academi as a new name? Are they trying to sound "respectable"?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And it's always a stupid name.

Why don't they just go with Murder.Inc. or Death.Corp.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
still blackwater to me.

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

academi gives such a false notion of a trustworthy corp. the name is a twist on the minds of the weak.

blackwater rings like a true mercenary group name. call them that and let's get the war crime trials going already!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dick Cheney Inc.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i'm wondering what financial benefits there may be, if any.
any tax guys or gals out there?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I dont understand the point. It cant be because of the image. After all if you're out to higher a bunch of mercenaries dont you want blood lusting lunatics to get the job done? I cant imagine anyone looking for mercenaries would want to higher a bunch of tea-totling academics.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They changed their name again to try and get contracts in Iraq. That is the same reason they did it the first time. In order to get contracts in Iraq again. Does that not sound like the definition of insane? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I get a sneakin suspicion that there is a reason for it that has nothing to do with image, but rather a secret agenda. There is a hidden message and an unusual agenda behind this name change.

Akademos (Greek Ἀκάδημος) (or Hekademos (Ἑκάδημος), Academus, or Hecademus) was an Attic hero in Greek mythology. The tale traditionally told of him is that when Castor and Polydeuces invaded Attica to liberate their sister Helen, he betrayed to them that she was kept concealed at Aphidnae. For this reason the Tyndarids always showed him much gratitude, and whenever the Lacedaemonians invaded Attica, they always spared the land belonging to Academus which lay on the Cephissus, six stadia from Athens.[1][2] This piece of land was subsequently adorned with plane and olive plantations,[3] and was called Academia from its original owner.[4]

wiki

So...they kept a distance of 6 stadia....and a stadion is 600 podes....can we work 666 into this equation somewhere? (lol)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2011 by Alethea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
some facts on academi, aka ze, aka blackwater.

revenue: unknown
operating
income: unknown
net income: unknown
employees: unknown

edit on 13-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is there website.
academi.com...
You do a look up on the website on robtex you get 1 ip number. "academi.com has one IP number (50.19.236.245)."
www.robtex.com...
Godaddy check on that ip address shows it is registered to billionare TJDemas.
who.godaddy.com...

But TJDemas does not show up as management or board of directors of academi? Does he own it?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My suggestion is Jennings and Rall (for those of you familiar with the TV show, Jericho, you will get the joke.)

new topics

top topics

join