It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Pyramid on Earth is in North Korea! Plus More.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

For example, peoples' gun rights were threatened, so people ran out and got a gun. (and that was their mission, mind you, to cause that to happen).

I agree with most of your post , especially this tidbit.
I do agree there is a very high % chance that the armament industry was behind the push for "gun control" in order to create panic selling and increase sells drastically.

It is a very reasonable hypothesis.

No, that's not it. It's because there are politicians who are really and truly trying to take people's gun rights away who have myriad levels of success. Case in point- here in Connecticut they were debating all sorts of sick gun restrictions from 50% taxes on ammunition to prohibiting all firearms capable of holding more than ONE round (yes, even deer rifles). I saw what this was going to lead to so I broke down and bought one of those Cetme rifles I always wanted because I knew it was going to be banned on one way or the other. Sure enough- Connecticut passed a law banning so called "assault weapons" but current owners are still allowed to keep them. If I had waited even two weeks I'd have been prohibited from being able to legally buy one forever.

For those people who don't get it, imagine the analogy that you only had until the end of April to get that new PS3 console you've always wanted before it became illegal to buy. Would you suddenly find the money to buy one?

Ummm, what does that have to do with North Korea?

It is important in respect to North Korea, because while we condemn them for being fascist scum, we ourselves are passing fascist scum style laws and attacking the one thing that made us better than NK, our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by GoodOlDave

Nah you are just taking everything out of context.

Anyone with a brain can read my thread and know I am not being what you say I am being.

And I wasn't trying to do what you said I was doing either.

So then when I mentioned atrocities committed by the North Korean regime why did you respond with the snippet below? When it comes to North Korea I didn't think I needed to provide actual case examples of prison guards kicking children into a deep pond to drown to prove it isn't a case of "carefully embedded media bias". These are YOUR words, after all, not mine.

"But you didn't quote anything Dave? I actually used legitimate documents considered valid by the majority of the world. You, didn't even use a link. It was like hearsay you merely paraphrased as best you remembered. It could be skewed by bias even , that the media carefully embedded within you (and anyone else that ever listened to the news). How do we know exactly what degree of hell is represented within that nation since we haven't actually visited?"

I also notice you didn't answer the question- was I right or wrong when I speculated that marijuana is probably as rare as food is in North Korea regardless of its legality?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Looks like a big super rocket to me
NK is fascinated by rockets it seems.

All the people starving in NK and they build this expensive piece of junk.:shk: Seems like the people controling that country have BSed their people into thinking signs of power is more important than simple living. We have the same problem here in the USA. I can't understand why people can't see the conditioning that has been fed to us in everything around us. The devil would have you believe a lie....What really exactly is the devil anyway? Another name for super egotistical people?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It is important in respect to North Korea, because while we condemn them for being fascist scum, we ourselves are passing fascist scum style laws and attacking the one thing that made us better than NK, our freedoms.

I can agree to some extent, except that in North Korea they specifically know the fascist laws they're passing are to enforce allegiance to the state. Here, the politicians are passing fascist laws because they are clueless idiots who don't understand what they are doing. I know that because I personally spoke with that genius of a senator who tried to pass that "ban all guns that contain more than one round" law and he is in fact a clueless idiot who didn't understand what he is doing. The guy actually thought that because deer hunters usually fire just one shot that their deer rifles therefore must only contain one round.

That should put VP Biden's statement of "shoot a shotgun in the air to scare off home intruders" speech in a better light. He wasn't telling us that to give us legitimate public safety advice. He was telling us that because he is a clueless idiot who doesn't understand what he is doing.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Looks like a big super rocket to me
NK is fascinated by rockets it seems.

All the people starving in NK and they build this expensive piece of junk.:shk: Seems like the people controling that country have BSed their people into thinking signs of power is more important than simple living. We have the same problem here in the USA. I can't understand why people can't see the conditioning that has been fed to us in everything around us. The devil would have you believe a lie....What really exactly is the devil anyway? Another name for super egotistical people?

People all over the world are trying to analyze this left, right, up and down exactly like we're doing here. One NK defector is guestimating that Kim Jong Un is having problems solidifying his control on the military so he needs to act more militant than his predecessors did, which I personally don't believe because he already has a mechanism to make people who are even remotely nonsupportive go away upon request as it is.

More likely, I think he's doing it because after chronic food shortages, the near total economic collapse from that money re-evaluation stunt they did, unrecoverable loss of economic support from the collapse of the Soviet Union, and more and more information leaking into the country from the outside world, things are reaching critical levels in North Korea so he needs more spectacular bread and circuses to keep the people distracted. This explains the ultra militant crackdown Kim Jong Un issued on escapees, to the point where even Chinese fisherman have been mistakenly shot on the Yalu River. He can pretend there isn't a problem when it was just a trickle. He can't pretend there isn't a problem when it becomes a flood.

Just my personal opinion...
edit on 15-4-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sorgmodig
Not mass-wise, though?

Thats what i was wondering. Is it the largest by volume? Height? Width? Probably not by mass or weight. So what then is it just the tallest?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sorgmodig
Not mass-wise, though?

Thats what i was wondering. Is it the largest by volume? Height? Width? Probably not by mass or weight. So what then is it just the tallest?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That is one funny way of building something , who needs roads and infrastructure to start a project

Looks like it was dug out of the ground in this old photo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join