It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul could surprise us (Winning Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
situationroom.blogs.cnn.com...

Over the years, the key to success in Iowa is to persuade your supporters to show up. That means helping them drive to the meetings if necessary.

Paul has that kind of team in place. From what I hear from well-placed sources in Iowa, neither Gingrich nor Romney has it in place yet. Maybe they can do it over the course of three weeks, but it won’t be easy.

Ron Paul has been getting more MSM coverage and more time in debates .. more attention and he's gaining in the polls because people like what they hear. He also has the money (from the common people), the organization and the devotees. Personally, I believe the institutions hate Ron Paul so much that even if he upsets the main players and wins Iowa it will be written off as a fluke and focus on South Carolina and ignore Iowa entirely. But we shall see.. so far his success has been very surprising.

And for those wondering who Paul would pick as his VP, and I gotta say this is a good reason in it's self to vote for him: Judge Andrew Napolitano, this has been the only person Paul has mentioned as a possible candidate.

edit on 12/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Go Ron Paul!

Hope he blows them out of the water!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ron Paul does not get the attention he deserves, though I have notice in the past 10 days he has been mentioned more and more. The talk show hosts will always say Ron Paul…. then conclude his foreign policy stinks. Over and over, people say they can’t vote for Paul because of his foreign policy. America is my biggest concern. America should be a voter’s first concern. Why would foreign policy way so heavy in a vote? We have a current President that had no foreign policy. Do other countries base their candidates so heavily on foreign policy? I do realize that things are heating up around the world but I personally would rather our troops be here protecting America not scattered around the world if a meltdown occurs.

Ron Paul would consider America and Americans first then the rest of the world. That kind of sounds nice, our country putting us first.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

It will simply come down to the fact that he's the only candidate which is frankly hilarious.

Newt: Baggage and a corrupt old tool.. he's the embodiment of everything we hate about politicians.

Romney: He's a Democrat.

Bachman: Insane. Literally.

Perry: Both insane and a Fascist. It took a while for people to realize that.

Santorum: lol

Huntsman: No charisma and unable to connect with .. anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Before Carseller gets here and badmouths the good doctor....

I will come to Ron Paul's defense. YES, he can win. And he will.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And for those wondering who Paul would pick as his VP, and I gotta say this is a good reason in it's self to vote for him: Judge Andrew Napolitano, this has been the only person Paul has mentioned as a possible candidate.

That would be quite a ticket!!! He should name his VP and key cabinet members now. Lay it all on the line. This is a go-for-broke scenario!

If the big PACs and Unions would add funds to his grassroots funds, he might actually raise more money than Obama!! If he gets the Republican nomination, this will be an historic election!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And it will be Obama Fans vs Paul Fans in the streets!
Ron Paul has followers like no other.. it would be fascinating just to watch the campaign engine in action. The ideologies would be a fundamental turning point not seen since the drastic changes in national policy under FDR.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That would be an awesome ticket... but i dont quite trust the judge.... yet. He works for faux news (FOX) and all of them are slimy and grimy as hell. For all we know the judge is just catering to a certain audience and off the air has different views.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Judge Napolitano is another man that consistently fights for the Constitution, if any of you catches his show Freedom Watch, it is truly inspiring to see a man demand respect for the Constitution on a daily basis like that. I bet all the people at Fox thinks he's crazy...

The Judge would be a great VP or Attorney General, he is loyal and honorable but he didn't defend the free market too well against Jon Stewart when he was on his show once...he isn't a good debater.

The VP needs to be somebody that Ron can trust and somebody that can lead as well. Don't forget, the VP is the head of the Senate and plays a major role in the Senate.

Ron is doing great in Iowa, and even NH which I was surprised about. If this momentum from his EXCELLENT performance on Saturday's ABC debate keeps up and he has another great showing on Thursday's Fox debate, he could seal the deal. Remember folks, Ron was considered one of the winners of the ABC debate, he also received praise from Romney and Perry for his knowledge and energetic support base, this obviously was reflected in the polls.

Nothing can stop the revolution, donate and phone bank! donate and phone bank!
edit on 13-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'd much rather see him (Judge) appointed as the Attorney General. My gosh just imagine a defender of the Constitution in the White House and as the chief law enforcement officer of the Federal Government, and you know darn well a cabinet full of like-minded folks (not to mention the possible Supreme Court nominations during his term).

The Doctor and the Judge would work Fast and Furious to clean up The Hill.

edit on 13-12-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'd like to see Huntsman as VP or Sec. of State. He has a great foreign policy background, and he is an intelligent and honorable guy like Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't trust Huntsman, he seems like he would be bought out easily BUT Ron might have to choose somebody like Huntsman as VP if he wins GOP nominee and wants to go toe-to-toe with Obama. Plus if he goes with Huntsman as VP, Huntsman family is very wealthy and he would easily go on board since I believe he is running this year only as a setup to run in 2016.

Again, I don't think we can trust him though, he would sell Ron out at the blink of an eye.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Accorindg to "Public Policy Polling", there has been some major movement in the Republican Presidential race in Iowa over the last week, with what was a 9 point lead for Newt Gingrich now all the way down to a single point. Gingrich is at 22% to 21% for Paul with Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5%, and Gary Johnson at 1%.
www.publicpolicypolling.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'd like to see Huntsman as VP or Sec. of State. He has a great foreign policy background, and he is an intelligent and honorable guy like Ron Paul.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Huntsman would be the best at Sec of State in my opinion. I really would like Dennis Kucinich as VP, or Jesse Ventura. Gary Johnson and Buddy Roemer seem like they could be viable, but im not sure, since those 2 seem kind of unknown to most people.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

GJ or DK is great both are, in my opinion, considerably more 'eligible' to Ron's standards. Imagine Ron and Dennis battling the house to pass federal reserve transparency bills. Wow, that would be the ultimate act of non-partisanship. Doing what is necessary for the survival of this nation and not what goes with typical 'party standards'. Not only can Ron pull indies and some dems over in a general election vs Obama, but Dennis would be able to help influence dems.

new topics

top topics

join