It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

In any event, I don't think Arianna is claiming to see straight lines.

it wasn't a response to arianna. it was a response to the guy that says we're all just seeing
things that aren't there. now arianna might be seeing things that aren't there, i dunno yet.
but i do know what i can see or have seen from past investigation of the images. really
interesting stuff, these old photos (by the way, john lear's example is a much better resolution
than the one you offered, by like a country mile)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dcmb1409
2. There are a lot of debunkers lurking about...or

Yup.... that one
Place is infested with them.

I don't have the time to repost images and we already did this one. It was the most viewed thread for a very long time. It does reflect the difference between then and now as to that number of debunkers

Not much fun when it's just a bunch of people congratulating each other for posting inconclusive photos and making wild claims, is it?

Gucci bag spotted on Mars... S&F!!!

Now how about telling us exactly what you see in arianna's photos that the rest of us do not? Giant monolithic faces? Glass domes? Mining equipment? Aliens waving at the camera? Exactly what are we, the unenlightened infestation, missing?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Thanks arianna,

To be honest, this is one of the better images out there if you're interested in lunar anomalies.

Unlike many sanitized lunar images, this is chock full of them. It's actually hard NOT to see them in these images, but i notice as per usual, posters can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Nobody is going to see anything their prejudices refuse their minds to see.

There is a technique to searching these images (i've spent years doing this), anyone who is ex-military will know the correct way to search, and notice i said 'search' and not 'look'.

Appreciate the scale, (56 miles diameter), appreciate the play of light and shadow, DON'T 'look' - analyze, don't work from the center of the image out, pick a corner and proceed to search incrementally in rows, up or down. Zoom in and out regularly to re-orientate perspective, and turn the entire image left and right, and flip up and down. Ideally, use a programme that allow you to free rotate the image.

Looking at an image in negative view is often handy in defeating contrast 'issues'.

A programme specifically designed to enlarge an image is a good idea for examining 'possibles' more closely.

Most of all, TAKE YOUR TIME. If you're serious about anomaly hunting, an image such as this posted here, could easily consume a week of close scrutiny to properly search it. Yes, that long.

A 10 or 20 second glance around won't do.

There are plenty of anomalous structures in a great many images of the moon, although of course no in all.

Most of it looks to be ancient and wrecked though, so i wouldn't worry too much about being invaded by anyone living there anytime soon.

If the Indian Vedas are correct (and with the fairly recent discovery of a 9,500 year old ancient underwater city being discovered of the coast of Cambray (Gulf of Khambat), and they are increasingly looking as though they are historically accurate, Lunar warfare was going on 10 - 20 thousand years ago, so many of the craters (of course, not all) may actually be weapons impacts.

But i digress...time, patience and dedication is the real key to finding ancient structures of the moon.

Thanks for posting.

BTW arianna, have a look at the crater top shelf wall, roughly central in the image...see the black figures (very reminiscent of aboriginal 'dream time' god wall and rock art...only MUCH larger.

Keep your flames to yourselves folks, i kid you not, i have heard it ALL before. If you're not interested, or don't see (or don't want to see), do me a favour and keep it to yourselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Keep your flames to yourselves folks, i kid you not, i have heard it ALL before. If you're not interested, or don't see (or don't want to see), do me a favour and keep it to yourselves.

It's a public forum.

Deal with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

spikey, I am very grateful for your comments.

Any dedicated research is a very time consuming exercise and I must admit that I have spent many hours on the images shown in this thread. I wish that some of the other members would take to heart what you have said then they may find some real pleasure in the search for the truth and discover what's really on the moon.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is an improved image showing the floor and lower slopes of Copernicus crater. I would ask you to examine this image very closely. There are a many feaatures showing that in no way can be dismissed as just being rocks. I have used red arrows to point to some of the features.

From what can be observed in the image, would you say there are indications of built structures on the surface or could it possibly be that at some time in the past an alien race just happened to land on the moon and decided to sculpt the landscape and everything else in their own facial likeness?

Do you believe what there is to see in the image is real or is it just a case of pareidolia?

What do you think?

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'll bet you guys are great at "Find the Pope in the Pizza."

Observe closely; I'm sure you can find thousands of anomalies if you really try.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'm ex military with a little experience and I still don't see any other structures than natural formations. And yes I know the difference between look and search. Just downloaded a larger image and going over it, the rocks can be seen even better.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I'll bet you guys are great at "Find the Pope in the Pizza."

Observe closely; I'm sure you can find thousands of anomalies if you really try.

HERE is an improved image showing the hidden detail in your original photo.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
What do you think?

I think you're either just messing with people, or you have some kind of serious mental/perceptual problem. I keep trying to figure out if you're trying to make some kind of point about seeing things that aren't there, but if you are, so far I'm not getting it. And you're really riding the gag a long time.

That's what I think.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i do believe i see a pizza.
it looks like a pizza. it's round like a pizza. it has round pepperoni shaped things, like a pizza. please don't tell me that you don't see the circular shapes in that image?
edit on 16-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

I looked and looked very carefully. Here are my answers:

I have used red arrows to point to some of the features.

Yes, very helpful....however....:

From what can be observed in the image, would you say there are indications of built structures on the surface or could it possibly be that at some time in the past an alien race just happened to land on the moon and decided to sculpt the landscape and everything else in their own facial likeness?

No and also no. HOWEVER, the last part as a "possibility"?? OK, can grant you that, for now.....implausible of course, for many, many reasons...but, life is always full of surprises. A closer look, actually landing there and exploring that particular region, will decided this issue, someday (hopefully in our lifetimes??).

Do you believe what there is to see in the image is real or is it just a case of pareidolia?

Pure pareidolia. Absolutely without question (notwithstanding the small proviso mentioned above...).....but, I would wager against my (and your) very implausible notions of ancient aliens carving the likeness of their visage on the Moon's surface.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i do believe i see a pizza. it looks like a pizza. it's round like a pizza. it has round pepperoni shaped things, like a pizza. please don't tell me that you don't see the circular shapes in that image?

Don't just look, search! Let me help you out:

This might help:

Key:

1. Leo X
2. Urban VII
3. Alexander VIII
4. Pius VI
5. Benedict XV
6. John Paul I
7. Agapetus II (Upside down.)
8. Sergeus IV
9. Honorius II (Anti-Pope)
10. Callistus II
11. Nicholas III
12. Adrian V
13. Gregory XI
14. John Paul II
15. Benedict XVI

Don't tell me you can't see them now!

Edit to add: 15 really does look like Benedict XVI! Creepy.
edit on 16-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

even though i know you're being facetious, disrespectful, rude, sarcastic and snooty, i did find that amusing. props for your twisted humor.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

observations? you mean they believe those blobs on squares are planets? =^..^=

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Pizza wouldn't actually have color on the moon, it would be cold, lifeless and gray.

However, if you look closely, you might find The Boneyard nestled nicely inside Pepperoninicus crater.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
methinks thou dost protesteth too much.

nothing like some pizza humor. the gray pizza though, that just cinched it. lol

okay, behave yourselves and lay off the egg nog.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
hey z, download this guy's image.

images.spaceref.com...
The one I posted on page 4 has a higher resolution, but more contrast, so some areas are worse, but some are better.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by arianna

I thought I had a better version, and I have.

You can use this big version of the image (9854 x 19752 pixels), but the download may be a little slow.

your version contains errors now, it says, so i went and downloaded it off the net somewhere. nice pic. real close up shots of the right angles plateaus.
thanks for sharing!

i got this from the image you referred me too. i call this one, "dentures." seems someone lost their teeth, pizza must've been a bit tough

one of the plateaus it comes from

really big blurry close up of dentures lol
i1118.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by papajake

papajake, Is it possible to post the full image you used for the 'boneyard' crop. Thanks.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join