It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
We have not seen a catologue of images from the Japanese or Chinese missions to the moon. Is there something they do not want the general public to see and that is why they have witheld thousands of images?

From what I remember, China said that the photos were Chinese and they wouldn't publish them to the world, but the data (not only photos) from Kaguya/Selene (the Japanese mission) has been available for some time, that's why I have posted several photos from there (remember the Copernicus photo I posted in December?).

You can see below a Kaguya/Selene photo of the area that has been discussed (if I'm not mistaken), and although it's a "top down" view, as the Sun was not much high over the horizon, there are shadows that show that this was not taken with "ambient light", and there's also some of those brighter areas.

The image above is just 5% the size of the original, you can download the original image (converted to a 178 MB PNG file) here (I hope).

Sorry for the bad file hosting, but it's difficult to get a place to host such large files.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes ArMaP, some views were released by the Japanese Kaguya/Selene mission, but where are the images of the hardware that was left on the surface by the Apollo missions?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

I think they photographed the whole Moon (not the Waterboys song
) at a resolution of 7 metres per pixel.

From what you wrote it looks like if there isn't a photo of the Apollo hardware all their work is useless, who cares about that old hardware?

But yes, they did photographed those areas, obviously, and it was on the news at the time, but at 7 metres per pixel nothing special is visible, obviously.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The reason why many people would like to see the K/S images of the Apollo landing sites is because it would prove beyond any doubt that the landings took place and would stop all the wild speculation and conspiracy theories that can be read on other parts of the forum. If the resolution was 7m/pixel, it's obvious that not much would be seen anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I've had a look at the surface detail in the image you posted and feel that what can be seen is dust scatter. Whatever happened at this location would not seem conducive with an impact but something else. I have to say that the close-up views of the surface detail around this particular location are interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

The reason why many people would like to see the K/S images of the Apollo landing sites is because it would prove beyond any doubt that the landings took place and would stop all the wild speculation and conspiracy theories that can be read on other parts of the forum. If the resolution was 7m/pixel, it's obvious that not much would be seen anyway.

I hate to tell you this, but, even then Moon Landing Hoaxers would still be around. Even if you put them on a rocket and sent them to the moon, landed them at any of the Apollo landing sites and they saw the equipment left there, they would still claim it was all a hoax.

They would claim that the US put that stuff there and made it look like we had landed there. For them, there is no evidence that is good enough, because their belief that it was all a hoax, is akin to an almost religious faith.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's been two weeks now.

It seems even Arianna has run out of unrealistic and fantasy posts about ythe moon and it's "art centered" civilization.

Shock.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
It's been two weeks now.

It seems even Arianna has run out of unrealistic and fantasy posts about ythe moon and it's "art centered" civilization.

Shock.
don't count on it. Who has time to post when doing real research? Don't forget there is a bunch of new Mars photos to go through...pixel by pixel. Personally, I would like to hear more about the tiny Martian folk. It is quite an obsession of mine. My son (10) pointed to ant hill the other day and said "look! a huge tiny civilization!"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
My son (10) pointed to ant hill the other day and said "look! a huge tiny civilization!"

Too bad he is not an ATS member, he could explain some things to many people.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

real research

LOL

Thank you for the laugh this morning. Was nice on a rainy day as this.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

real research

LOL

Thank you for the laugh this morning. Was nice on a rainy day as this.

You definitely appear to be someone who really likes to take the mickey out of other seriou s members.

Chamberf=6, I would like to ask you a straight question and I would like you to reply honestly. Have you carried out any real in-depth research of Mars or the moon? If you have you would know that it can be a very time consuming exercise that requires a high degree of patience and dedication.

As for finding out more about the tiny people on Mars, I think we will have to wait a while to see what Curiosity comes up with. In the meantime, there are plenty of fine examples showing in the images that have been returned by the Opportunity and Spirit missions.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You definitely appear to be someone who really likes to take the mickey out of other seriou s members.

Chamberf=6, I would like to ask you a straight question and I would like you to reply honestly. Have you carried out any real in-depth research of Mars or the moon? If you have you would know that it can be a very time consuming exercise that requires a high degree of patience and dedication.

As for finding out more about the tiny people on Mars, I think we will have to wait a while to see what Curiosity comes up with. In the meantime, there are plenty of fine examples showing in the images that have been returned by the Opportunity and Spirit missions.

Serious research downloading pictures and then butchering them (check the histograms YOU are!!!)

MM high race of people and serious in the same paragraph

Good one keep it up arianna

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Serious research downloading pictures and then butchering them (check the histograms YOU are!!!)

MM high race of people and serious in the same paragraph

Good one keep it up arianna

You seem hell-bent on histograms for some reason but I have to say yes, this exactly what the NASA/JPL scientists do all the time. They download the images from the mission then enhance them to 'bring out' the finer detail. Therefore, what's good enough for the scientists is good enough for me.

Anyway, the type of comments you are making are derogatory in nature and I politely ask you to stop. It would be better if you added something constructive for a change or is that beyond your capabilities?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You seem hell-bent on histograms for some reason but I have to say yes, this exactly what the NASA/JPL scientists do all the time. They download the images from the mission then enhance them to 'bring out' the finer detail. Therefore, what's good enough for the scientists is good enough for me.

From the images I have seen both from you and from NASA/JPL (or any other science related group), the difference is that they do not remove information from the area they are analysing. Yes, the changes they do can (and many times do) remove information, but from other parts of the image they are not focusing on. What they do is to choose an area and, without worrying about the rest of the image, they change the image in a way that shows that interest area show the most information possible.

What you have been doing is affecting the whole image, including the area that you are interested in, so instead of making it show the most information possible you reduce the amount of information also in that area.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are quite right ArMaP, the enhancement process I have used on some of the images affects the whole image. The action I carried out was deliberate as some of the NASA images were not of the quality that one would wish to work with to make a reasonable analysis.

At least your reply recognizes that the science staff who process the mission images do change the detail in some of the images.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The action I carried out was deliberate as some of the NASA images were not of the quality that one would wish to work with to make a reasonable analysis.

Then why did you reduce the quality of the image?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Reducing the quality permits more imagination and poor analysis.

This thread illustrates this.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

I have done studies on the moon and its (relative) neighbor Mars. It does take patience.

Nothing, repeat nothing even suggests civilizations on the moon or (currently) Mars.

I understand that your post to me was meant to disqualify my thoughts and that is fine, since your theories and beLIEfs are fantastical to say the least.

If you take issue with my asking very basic questions, then this is not my problem, but yours.

edit on 9/1/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

. It would be better if you added something constructive for a change or is that beyond your capabilities?

Pot and kettle springs to mind

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The action I carried out was deliberate as some of the NASA images were not of the quality that one would wish to work with to make a reasonable analysis.

Then why did you reduce the quality of the image?

To 'bring out' the geometrical shapes which in the base image were to fuzzy to recognize.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join