It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by arianna

Not only that, similar facial representations can also be observed on the huge megalithic structures on this planet which were erected during the late neolithic period. As I have seen some of these facial representations for myself after examining the liths at Avebury, Stonehenge and other neolithic sites

and those had been engraved deliberately?

Yes definitely, I have observed and photographed them firsthand.

but how did you conclude that they were artificial?

Due to my previous experience in archaeology and anthropology.

and did you publish your findings?

I am sorry but I am not going to be drawn on this as I am aware of your intentions.
edit on 15-12-2011 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
For all those who say they cannot see anything relevant in the images have to be joking.

The last animation shows structures which are quite plain to see. Look into one ellipse at a time.

I advise members to look right into the images, not at them, then recognition may become apparent.

To all the naysayers, your comments are not helpful to the discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

To all the naysayers, your comments are not helpful to the discussion.

It appears that your personal definition of "discussion" is somewhat unconventional.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

arianna,

Is it possible for you to go to the thread "John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS" and download the appropriate high-resolution image to pin-point the location of your findings? This will at least give us some kind of scale to what you are seeing.

Thanks.

Here's the link to the files:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Your own thread is a good barometer of discussion and how making a good case can sway public opinion. After tallying up the comments this is what I came up with as far as responses,

Tally:

page one - 20 post (to include yours)

Pro structure in images - 1

Negative comments against structures - 7

not sure or did not state either argument - 8

Your comments - 4

page two - 20 post (to include yours)

Negative comments against structures - 9

not sure or did not state either argument - 7

Your comments - 3

page three - 20 post (to include yours)

Negative comments against structures - 10

not sure or did not state either argument- 3

Your comments - 6

page four - 3 post (to include yours)

Pro structure in images - 0

Negative comments against structures - 1

not sure or did not state either argument - 0

Your comments - 2

Totals:

for structures in image: 3

against seeing structures in image: 27

not sure or did not state either argument: 18

your comments: 15

1. I would say either argument is weak or images are so poor that an opinion can't be made one way or the other....or

2. There are a lot of debunkers lurking about...or

3. There are a lot of undecided opinions on this subject....or

4. No one actually said they saw what you pointed out but some just believe

To be honest, I fall under number one.

edit on 15-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Do you see anything that resembles built structures?

Well, mark me down as another person not seeing anything other than a photo of the lunar surface. I'm not seeing a single structure in that photo.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
2. There are a lot of debunkers lurking about...or

Yup.... that one
Place is infested with them.

I don't have the time to repost images and we already did this one. It was the most viewed thread for a very long time. It does reflect the difference between then and now as to that number of debunkers

As for the LOIRP images... yeah we did that too... in fact we broke the story here...

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

Even had several of that team involved

But ArMaP is right... using the Jpeg version to illustrate doesn't work. Hard enough to point them out with clips in PNG

And I have noticed lately on ATS that way to many people have Prosopagnosia... which aggravates the problem... but the "I see only blurry rocks' crowd for some reason seems to swarm to these threads and feel a pathological need to tell us that they 'see only blurry rocks'... and then toss insults at those who do...

Sigh... I miss the old ATS

Full Size Original

Here is one from the Copernicus images

This is from Copernicus #1 on the far left at the bottom of the cliffs. Easy to spot if you use the high res gif version

These are clips from Copernicus #5

I have a grid map but as I said 'been there done that' and no time right now

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for illustrating my point. You have posted an image that clearly shows what appears to be a structure with right angles. You do not have to tell me to stare at it until I "get it." Personally, I doubt that it's a structure 3 or 4 kilometers across, but at least I can understand why you think it might be. I still don't understand what Arianna thinks she's seeing.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No ArMaP, I am not obsessed with JPEG's. This format is ideal for posting images on the forum.
It's not better than GIFs.

I prefer to work with GIF's and sometimes PNG's and TIFF's but as these files have prohibitive sizes for posting I convert a file to a hi-res JPEG and remove any image artifacts.
The files you posted, when converted to GIFs, are, respectively, 277, 154 and 160 KB, so they do not have "prohibitive sizes". Considering that they were converted from JPEG images, if you had saved them as GIF they would probably be smaller.

And it's useless to remove any JPEG artefacts before saving the image as a JPEG, because that action will create new artefacts.

You are obviously not aware of the reason why many facial representations can be observed.
I can think of two reasons: they are really there or there are the result of some optical illusion. Either way, it's because of the way our brain works.

There are far too many of them.
Does that mean that if they were less you would consider that possibility?

In my opinion these representations and the observation of statues that are erected on top of a base structure is a major part of this civilizations' culture.
You understand the role perspective plays in a photo like this, in which we are looking at things across a great distance but the image looks more "condensed" in shorter distance, don't you? It's like those adverts they use on sports events, for example, that are made to be seen by the TV cameras, so when seen from above they have a strange shape.

Some of the images captured on Mars display the same characteristics as shown here and I am convinced there is a common link.
Have you looked for the same type of thing on Earth images? There was an ATS member that also saw faces in photos from Earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well why dont you tell us HONESTLY what you see here in ariannas image

At least rdunks horse looked a bit like a horse, his skull looked like a skull and the handbag rock looked like a handbag because of the images he used.

Nothing on ariannas butchered overenhanced images but their imagination!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

As I have said before, one major aspect of this civilization is representations of what they look like.
How do you know that? Couldn't they (if they ever existed) be representing us instead, for example?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Many thanks for the links.

The images are far more superior.

I have found many interesting features in one of the images.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by papajake
reply to post by arianna

arianna,

Is it possible for you to go to the thread "John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS" and download the appropriate high-resolution image to pin-point the location of your findings? This will at least give us some kind of scale to what you are seeing.

Thanks.

Here's the link to the files:

The source I used for the images above was the first link on the John Lear page.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by papajake

Thats the bloody red sock that turns everyones whites, pink in the wash and no-one ever knows where it came from !

On topic, I honestly can't and never have 'seen' or been able to see ANYTHING but rocks
in these moon 'anomolies' threads !
This one is no different, sorry OP ! I watched that flashing gif image till my eyes bled but still nothing !
I will use it though if I ever find it hard to get to sleep one night !

Peace

No problems. Soon I may have an image for posting that will help with recognition.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, in all sincerity....we ALL want to see what YOU see!!

SO, thrice again......can you please, please describe in plain English prose the relative views, and thus the apparent sizes of these "structures" RELATIVE to similar structures on Earth, that we are all familiar with?

It is a simple request.

This way, the "Lunar structures" can be assessed in comparison. I am being as polite as possible in this request.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

No problem. Now, if they will only help me to see what you see then its a good thing but to be honest with you, I'm still not seeing anything in those links that suggest other than natural formations.
edit on 15-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

As I have said before, one major aspect of this civilization is representations of what they look like.
How do you know that? Couldn't they (if they ever existed) be representing us instead, for example?

That is quite possible as the appearance of the representations look very similar to human heads and faces.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

I thought I had a better version, and I have.

You can use this big version of the image (9854 x 19752 pixels), but the download may be a little slow.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I can see nothing and i ve tried for ages. I would have more luck if I looked under a microscope at my own skin or something, are you winding us up?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfBrown

I don't understand what you mean by that, could you please rephrase it? Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join