It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I will address and answer you questions later when I have time.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Here are a couple of larger images of the colour view shown above.

This view is looking at the surface features at an angle and not a 'top-down' view. If you observe carefully it can be seen how this art-orientated civilization have used colouring of their structures to act as camouflage. Many of the facial representation circled in the second image are structures. There are also some head statues. The second image is my interpretation of the host of features in this small area. I do not think a closer view can be obtained and at present this is the best I can achieve.

Observe the detail contained in the large ellipse to the lower right.

Do you see what appears to be a large pipe running from one group of structures to another group?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Couldnt you just have circled the entire picture?

Face facts: the image has way too low reolution and is too noisy to make out anything. You're seeing what you want to see.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Couldnt you just have circled the entire picture?

Yes I could have but each ellipse contains something of interest. Whether other people see the same, I would not know.

...the image has way too low reolution and is too noisy to make out anything.

The close view sectional crop was taken from a high resolution image. I have just checked the image by magnifying it by 400% and cannot see any noise. The focus may not be brilliant but you have to remember that this is a very close view of the surface. The camera was over 50km above the surface so what I have achieved here is very reasonable considering the circumstances.

What you are observing in the image are the colour-camouflaged structural features on the lunar surface at this location.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This thread is bogus, I'm sorry but none of these pictures show anything. Well, that's not entirely true...they show grainy/distorted images of something. These "photos" and arguments that go with them will never help you make your case.

This is bad...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Could you post an un processed version of that area?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
I have just checked the image by magnifying it by 400% and cannot see any noise.

And thus destroying. By enlarging a pixel 400%, you create 3 new pixels. Thus, 3/4 of the image is fake, or 75% of the image if you like percentages.

And that's even ignoring any original compression. I can see jpeg patterns all over that image just by looking at it briefly.
edit on 4-8-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by arianna

Could you post an un processed version of that area?

Thanks in advance.

ArMaP, here is a crop of the area in question from the downloaded image.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

The width of the direct crop is 633 pixels but I have provided a resized version at the Direct link below.

Direct link:

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
This thread is bogus, I'm sorry but none of these pictures show anything. Well, that's not entirely true...they show grainy/distorted images of something. These "photos" and arguments that go with them will never help you make your case.

I'm sorry you think the thread is bogus because I can assure you that it definitely is not.

There is no grain in the images, only structures and other interesting objects. It's obvious that you are not concentrating on what is being presented, because if you were you would know otherwise and not be making such comments.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I can see jpeg patterns all over that image just by looking at it briefly.

Then look again because you are incorrect. I can assure you that there are no jpg compression artifacts (patterns) on the images. Any such artifacts have been removed. If you have only looked at the image briefly then how would you know what you are really viewing? I believe what you are taking to be patterns are the structures on the surface. I would all viewers to examine the images very closely.
edit on 4-8-2012 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You just couldn't make this up.

Here's another interesting find from AS17-151-23185.

The brightness of the image was deliberately lowered to simulate a near night-time view. The view is showing many structures with some of them in rows. This raises many important questions that need to be answered. Maybe this is the reason why images have not been released by the Japanese and Chinese space agencies. They know exactly what is really on the surface.

There are some definite structural forms showing in the image which cannot be anything else but built constructions.

Direct view (1000 pixels wide):

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Any image artifacts, such as jpg compression artifacts, are removed from the downloaded original before further processing.

That... doesnt make any sense at all.

The original image has a high enough resolution to maintain a reasonable resolution when cropped.

That makes even less sense. Cropping the image doesnt change terrain resolution. You seem to be confusing terrain resolution for image size.

Edit: Haha accidentally edited my own earlier post to reply to the below. I'm no sleepy. Nevermind, I dont bother fixing it lol.
edit on 4-8-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You cannot remove artifacts, lol. When an image is destroyed by compression and/or scaling (or in your case its also image editing), its destroyed. All you can do is go back to the original.

Any image artifacts, such as jpg compression artifacts, are removed from the downloaded original before further processing.

And the original source you posted is what, like 1/10th of the moon, lol? The terrain resolution would be crap. Your image is probably the size of Great Britian or something.

The original image has a high enough resolution to maintain a reasonable resolution when cropped.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My friend comments that when she looks at that picture it's like she's being drunk because all she sees is white spots. She tends to see them when she gets drunk.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here is a set of images of the same area as shown in the above views.

I have included a context view and a closer view which contains two rectangles - red and yellow. The very close views are the areas within each rectangle and although they are dark they still show the surface detail.

I know these views are going to bring forth a whole load of questions as to what we have been told but I believe we have a right to know what is really on the moon. I know some members will attempt to debunk or deny what is being shown but we have to remember that the camera doesn't lie. Fom observing the third and fourth images I believe there are a host of built structures on the surface.

What do you think? Your views would be most welcome.

Larger versions of the images shown here are available at the Direct links below.

The first image is a context view of AS17-151-23185 and contains a blue rectangle.

The second image shows the area contained within the blue rectangle.

Take note of the tall tower feature circled in green and use as reference.

The third image shows the area within the red rectangle. Use tower feature as a reference point.

The fourth image shows the area within the yellow rectangle. Use tower feature as a reference point.

Direct links to larger views:

i985.photobucket.com...

i985.photobucket.com...

i985.photobucket.com...

i985.photobucket.com...

edit on 5-8-2012 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What tall tower? All it is a white spot....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hi All

Here is a link you may find some use for when dealing with claims made by threads like this.

target.lroc.asu.edu...

You can turn off the false colour elevation data on/off by clicking the LROC WAC Colour Shaded Relief checkbox second from the bottom in the same Layers menu.

Play around with the options for overlays.

When you zoom in a certain amount the LRO hi res images are shown.

If you tick the LROC NAC footprints you wil see the areas that have been photographed a large percentage of the moon!!!

As for your electric light comment arianna why have them on in sunlight

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

What tall tower? All it is a white spot....

No wmd_2008, you are completely incorrect.

The circular light-coloured base is supporting a darker structure with a tower extending from the roof. (See diagram) The arrows without text are pointing to other structures that are much darker.

The darkness of the view could be down to the location being on the far-side of the moon. The original image gives the impression that the colour film was over-exposed. Therefore, to resolve any surface detail from the very light positive, the image has to be darkened considerably.

Lat / Long: 10.5° N / 110° E

Here is a diagramatic view showing what you are referring to as a "white spot".

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

spoor not me YOU are still wrong anyway !!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Maybe this is the reason why images have not been released by the Japanese and Chinese space agencies.

That's not true (at least about the Japanese mission), as I have downloaded many photos from the Kaguya/Selene mission.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join