It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
Those of you who can see things other than rocks, shadows & other natural things must be on acid or something.

Acid, speed and number of other drugs can cause hallucinations. As can lack of sleep, fever and various forms of mental illeness.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think frustration is warranted. I will try to summarize.

-Someone claims to have discovered evidence of a civilization on the moon.

-This evidence is in a form of imagery of faces and structures in photos that have been altered or "enhanced" by the discoverer.

-The discoverer states that the imagery cannot be attributable to anything other than a civilization despite evidence and alternate explanations to the contrary.

-Reasonable questions are ignored or are not really answered.

-Nobody else can see these structures or faces at all or as clearly as the discoverer.

-The discoverer claims that they can see the faces/structures that no one else can because they possess certain abilities.

Either there is something there that only one person has the ability to perceive or something else is going on.

Apophenia is a type of Pareidolia. Since we are not talking about just one face but a whole lot of faces and structures that make up an entire civilization, “Apophenia” is the most likely explanation.

Apophenia is the experience of seeing meaningful patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

The term was coined in 1958 by Klaus Conrad,[1] who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness", but it has come to represent the human tendency to seek patterns in random nature in general, as with gambling, paranormal phenomena, religion, and even attempts at scientific observation.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This image is a section cropped from the image provided by ArMaP.

Before anyone starts saying that I must be completely mad, please note that I do not know the location of this particular view. I believe it to be a aerial landscape as there is structural evidence showing on the surface. I have placed an ellipse around many of the features. These features would appear as 'faces' but they are more than likely structures that have been formed and constructed to an intelligent design to appear as a 'face'. We know that faces can be seen in nature such as cloud formations, rock faces and even trees. Bear in mind that the human mind can also make a shape into something that it is not or something that doesn't exist. Therefore, when analyzing images we have to be sure that what we are seeing in the image does exist. I will leave it to the viewer to determine whether the anomalies I have highlighted do exist or are just imaginary.

The procedure I used can be posted on request.

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I cropped the first image from the top, left circle colored and enhanced it. I then removed all the surrounding material (rubble from the war) but left some spots to "complete" the structure. The structure was either damaged, not fully completed or the beings from this culture just had a wierd anatomy. In affect we have a complete reconstruction of an alien building possibly living quarters.

Notice you can see a fully formed eye, cheekbone and ear like thing. the jawline and chin is also defined. (I left a slight goatee to make this creature cooler). Also notice the neck like tube.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

With all due respect, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be glib. We all entitled to believe what we want & see what we choose to.
You are right I have seen the NASA pics of the Moon, Mars & space in general. I consider some of those images to be works of art in themselves.
But I really can't see anything other than rock formations, craters & shadows.
Logic tells me that we wont be finding any signs of life as we know it & if we do it's going to be very small (really microscopic).
Why would Moon people or Mars people live in structures like those found on earth if they don't have the same types of enviroments that are here on earth?
Our buildings have evolved to meet the demands of the enviroments we live in.
There are pics on the net that show some of the faces & other anomollies in space seen from a far, that when blown up (the images) & of higher resolution have turned out to be just rocks or shadowing.
Sorry I can;t copy/paste the pics.
Please copy & paste this link into your browser
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Signs of life (unless microscopic) comparable to earth will not be found in our solar system let alone buildings & structures..................& cranes.
Peace & love to all in the Universe.

For the newspaper article please copy & paste this link into your browser
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The image below shows "the boneyard" as seen in the Lunar Orbiter photo (resized to match the Kaguya/Selene photo) and as seen in the Kaguya/Selene photo, with some white lines joining features on both photos that I think show the same thing, so we now have a top-down view and a oblique view of that area.

Hi ArMap,

Excellent work. Based on your findings via the Kaguya/Selene photo, I will admit that "The Boneyard" could be just tricks of light and angle of shot of the Lunar Orbiter photo. However, my admission is only valid until I see higher resolution images.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Thanks for accepting doing the test, it shows that, even if you may be wrong, you are at least being honest in your analysis, as I expected.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have just found this image which in some ways is related to the discussion.

I have circled some of the features. See if you can spot the others.

Take note of the altitude and ask yourself, could nature do this?.

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...
edit on 27-12-2011 by arianna because: text

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

How does a shot taken through the clouds from GoogleEarth at an elevation just under 3 miles help with any pics of the moon that you posted?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arianna

How does a shot taken through the clouds from GoogleEarth at an elevation just under 3 miles help with any pics of the moon that you posted?

Well...I think now we have something to compare maybe? It's a good example of either pareidolia or something else. For instance, picture 'a' is pareidolia picture 'b' is not....

I think what can be said is that at least we can agree on what we see that has been circled. A couple are clear but others are not.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Arianna,

I can see the faces that you see in the picture from google Earth but it really is just a case of pareidolia. I take it that you are implying that these faces are man made?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK, I'll bite:

Take note of the altitude and ask yourself, could nature do this?

Discounting for a moment the altitude....In the photo, approximately center is the largish vertical blue ellipse, and a vaguely possible appearance of a Human face in profile, to to our (viewers') right.

It is a "profile" of a face only in the most minimalist of senses.....I am reminded of the 'pointillism' style of painting, for example. Perhaps the "impressionist" style of paining as well.

So.....instead of leaving that image in your post, with no other explanations as to location (yes, I can see the Lat/Long coordinates) a nice description might have been useful to include. Yes??

Because, now I have to squint at the screen, jot down the Lat/Longs, go to another web window, open GE, and find the bloody location to see for myself just WHAT that particular little spot really is, for a valid comparison.

What an inconvenient bother, when YOU could have indicated where and what it is, and also would have been nice to see the original color image before you altered it to "grayscale". You are aware that there do exist color photos of the Moon too....it mostly looks "grayscale" because that is, from a distance, how it looks. Not a lot of color contrast there, unlike here.

(Oh) --- And just to clarify so there is no confusion or misunderstanding.....are we to presume that since you have shown examples that you circled of locations on the Moon that you allege are alien constructs (called "art") that are intentionally made to resemble Human faces, then for a proper comparison......

.....are we to presume that now the image from the Google Earth view that is circled, and that I referenced above, is also "intentionally" made into a giant depiction of the Human face as a type of "art", here on Earth?

I mean, it's rather simple to dispel those claims, isn't it? Since we live here, and know what is and is not man made, and the intentions behind them? Having made this clear, where do the comparisons have any real merit?

Seems that in essence it goes to disprove these assertions in the earlier (and many) posts about artificial constructs ("art") on the surface of the Moon, doesn't it?

edit on Tue 27 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
Take note of the altitude and ask yourself, could nature do this?.
Sure it could. Nature made the mountains, the clouds, the people who built the plane or satellite, the people looking at the image on an Internet forum, etc., etc., why doubt nature's capability to make anything?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Do you have the link to the reference sheet for the image in question?
Now I have.

In this link you can see a 20 MB file named "imgindx.tab". If you download it and search for a line that has the FILE_NAME as "LUE2257J.190", you can see that the "EMISSION_ANGLE" is "0.19", meaning that the camera was pointing down at 0.19º angle to the vertical.

If you click on this link and search for image "lue2257j.190" you can download it and see it using NASAView, a free program for viewing PDS formatted images like those.

PS: even if you can't see the image, if you open it in notepad or something like it you can see that the first lines are a description of the image, including the EMISSION_ANGLE parameter.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

could nature do this?.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Much applause.

Best comparison seen yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

tnx, but i wonder whether it means anything...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arianna

The art-forms seen on this mountain top and other nearby locations could not have been sculpted out of the landscape by humans. They would not have endured the low temperatures or the altitude. The artwork could only have been performed by a civilization that were used to the conditions.

My theory is that the figures and facial representations that can be seen at this location and at certain other locations and those seen on the lunar surface are linked. I firmly believe after many years of research that these artistic representations were possibly made by people from another world in ancient times. The representations I have found on Mars, the Moon and this planet would all appear to have similar characteristics.

Something interesting to note is that when the artistic representations are inverted another face or figure can be observed. The first image shown below was rotated 180 degrees. Take note of what is showing in each blue ellipse.

I have marked some other interesting features with a light-green ellipse. The largest light-green ellipse contains what I believe could possibly be a representation of a picture scene. Within this ellipse there are many features.

The second image is the original GE view with all the features marked.

Direct views.

i985.photobucket.com...

i985.photobucket.com...

edit on 28-12-2011 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK. You lost me. Maybe we can break this down? The amount of circles is overwhelming. I have cropped the first circle (top, left). can you point out what you see in this one or even describe what you see?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by arianna

OK. You lost me. Maybe we can break this down? The amount of circles is overwhelming. I have cropped the first circle (top, left). can you point out what you see in this one or even describe what you see?

Yes, I agree the number of circles is a bit overwhelming.

The reason is because on this particular mountain top there are so many shapes of figures and faces to observe. I did this to demonstrate how many there are. They are not on the top of every mountain top but in the same area they can also be found on the upper slopes. The shapes appear to have been crafted or sculpted into the face of the rock and although some have a covering of snow, the basic underlying shape can still be feintly determined. The circle you have selected is one such shape and although the content within the ellipse is very feint, the shape can just be determined.

The detail I have highlighted is what I see in the view. I appreciate a number of viewers may be able to see what I see but many will not as the brain is not 'tuned-in' to the tell-tale signs or they simply do not recognize the shapes of the figures and faces. I will post another view if it helps with recognition of the features.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join