It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK. I see a whole bunch of freaky face-like things in the pictures of the moon. I also see a bunch of freaky face-like things in Rorschach picture. Please explain the difference between what makes what your pointing out alien art work and what makes the Rorschach a psycholgical effect.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
one last pic (moved from prior page so people who just click last page, get to see it)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

thing is lit up like a christmas tree. so i'm guessing the glowy bits are the far ends of the visible spectrum, either uv or infra-red? i know it lists the infra-red border of the visible spectrum is the limit of the visible light the clementine took in infra-red. so neglible infra-red is supposed to be viewable in the natural color version.

Here is a comparison of Reiner Gamma as seen in visible and ultraviolet light:

lunarnetworks.blogspot.com...

In sandwiching the layers together to form a false color image that tries to approximate what the human eye sees, the visualization technicians need to make a variety of aesthetic choices. Some of these cause certain features to "pop" because they are equally visible across all wavelengths, while others become duller at certain wavelengths and take on the coloration at which they are most reflective. Color perception is extremely subjective, which is why most people think the Earth's sky is blue. It is not. It's ultraviolet.

Approximate location of Reiner Gamma.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

interesting fact sheet but doesn't really add anything that hasn't already been said. as i asked you before, do you have any idea what features that are currently visible in the natural color version of clementine, should not be visible because they were taken in uv ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

interesting fact sheet but doesn't really add anything that hasn't already been said. as i asked you before, do you have any idea what features that are currently visible in the natural color version of clementine, should not be visible because they were taken in uv ?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. The image you are showing is a false color image. All of the features in it are visible in the various wavelengths used to put the image together. The image is oversaturated, and there have probably been color substitutions made, ie, using blue for ultraviolet, that cause further complications.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by undo

I'm not sure if I understand the question. The image you are showing is a false color image. All of the features in it are visible in the various wavelengths used to put the image together. The image is oversaturated, and there have probably been color substitutions made, ie, using blue for ultraviolet, that cause further complications.

so you're saying anything blue, is not really visible without the filter showing uv?
edit on 21-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
The image you are showing is a false color image.

to what extent?

Aristarchus Plateau (False Color)

Aristarchus Plateau (Real Color)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

so you're saying anything blue, is not really visible without the filter showing uv?

No; I'm saying that some features will look bluer in the false color images than they would appear to the naked eye. Some features look redder if the IR is also stacked into the image as visible red.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

to what extent?

As explained in the caption to the "real color" image, it, too is a false color image, but one chosen to "approximate" what the human eye would see.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

but it's not grey, right?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by arianna

OK. I see a whole bunch of freaky face-like things in the pictures of the moon. I also see a bunch of freaky face-like things in Rorschach picture. Please explain the difference between what makes what your pointing out alien art work and what makes the Rorschach a psycholgical effect.

The reason why the finding of facial representations or statues are so important is because it means that beings of an alien civilization either shaped or constructed them. Recognition of these features on the lunar surface has nothing to do with the Rorschach testing procedure used by psychologists.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have placed no markings on this image which was originally posted by undo.

The posted original was not of very good quality so I have managed to improve it enough to recognize many of the surface features. I have examined this image very carefully with the aid of a good magnifying glass and the amount of detail showing is quite amazing. I believe this may be a night-time view or the image was captured during a twilight period. You only have to look at the blue-white areas and how they appear to illuminate the immediate area to understand why. There is one object in the image that really gives the game away why I maintain there are 'people' living on the moon. It stands quite high.

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

These were the filters on the UV/VIS camera
415nm cw (plus-or-minus 20 nm bw)
750nm (plus-or-minus 5)
900nm (plus-or-minus 10)
950nm (plus-or-minus 15)
1000nm (plus-or-minus 15)
400 to 950 broad band

There was no blue filter. The only filter used which used visible light was 415 nm, which is violet (at the extreme end of the visual spectrum). None of the colors are correct. It is impossible to construct a true color image from the Clementine data.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

so the blue channel should be toned down a bit and the entire thing lowered in saturation and then good ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

yean it wouldn't let me post it in the ats image upload, because it was so big. so i did some decompression and optimization and changed it from png to jpg

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No. Not good. It cannot be done. The "natural color" images substitute (somewhat arbitrarily) visible colors for invisible wavelengths.

The information to produce a true color image from Clementine data does not exist. The images were made in the wrong wavelengths to do so. To get true color you would need "true" red, green, and blue filters. Instead there is deep violet and various wavelengths in the infrared. Adjusting the "natural color" images after the fact cannot change that.

edit on 12/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna

The reason why the finding of facial representations or statues are so important is because it means that beings of an alien civilization either shaped or constructed them..
Agreed

Recognition of these features on the lunar surface has nothing to do with the Rorschach testing procedure used by psychologists
The question is what sets it apart? How is this alien art and not a psychoalogical phenomenon? I think that is a fair question. quantity? ...and this can't be reproduced by any random method?

edit on 21-12-2011 by ZetaRediculian because:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In this crop taken from the above image the illuminated areas can be observed. Do you see any large statues?

The brightness was adjusted for this image.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
In this crop taken from the above image the illuminated areas can be observed. Do you see any large statues?

The brightness was adjusted for this image.

Nope.

And of course it was.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Do you see any large statues?

NO. There are none.

It is a "top-down" view, is it not??

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>