It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in Copernicus crater?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by arianna
I firmly believe the artwork, which includes the figures and facial representations was sculpted into the landscape deliberately. The landscape was designed to create the impression, when viewing from a distance, of being a picture scene.
But in this case, it also means that "they" had to make it appear like that not only from a distance but also from this particular and angle to the surface.

So, if that's the case, those features would be very noticeable when seen from different angles (like from above), and that doesn't happen.

ArMaP, The images you posted are a good example of deceptive artwork.

The lunar landscape artwork is designed to be seen from different viewpoints.

If I can find a high resolution overhead view I will demonstrate that some of the features can be observed from above.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is a larger view of the scene which I have animated to highlight many of the figures and faces. There are other features in the view that I have not highlighted.

Also, something interesting to note is that when the image is inverted there are still recognizable features to be see within the circled areas. I will post an inverted animation later

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is a picture of various forms of alien life forms

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
nvm
edit on 20-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I enjoyed it, FWIW.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
This is a picture of various forms of alien life forms

No it's a Rorschach test chart.
www.tineye.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
As promised, here is the inverted view of the animation shown above.

Look at a feature within an ellipse then view it in context in the unmarked image.

You may notice other features that are not highlighted.

Direct view. i985.photobucket.com...

edit on 21-12-2011 by arianna because: text

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

arianna

what do you see in this one?
use a graphics program and zoom/pan around in it.
that's from the color clementine set (by color i mean, one of the clementine cameras took photos and tried to approximate what it looks like in natural color)

super close up

edit on 21-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

that's from the color clementine set (by color i mean, one of the clementine cameras took photos and tried to approximate what it looks like in natural color)

Exactly wrong; that is a "false color" image. Clementine took photos through special filters that would detect characteristic reflections from minerals. The colors are deliberately exaggerated to make it easier to map these mineral deposits.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by undo

Exactly wrong; that is a "false color" image. Clementine took photos through special filters that would detect characteristic reflections from minerals. The colors are deliberately exaggerated to make it easier to map these mineral deposits.

from the USGS website, the description is
The Clementine 'natural' color composite mosaic (5 UVVIS bands available) is presented here for browsing by utilizing three of the five UVVIS multispectral bands, combined in red, green and blue channels of a color image (see table below). (Note: The composite image is not truly "natural color," but mimics natural color to the human eye.) This multispectral lunar mosaic is a radiometrically and geometrically controlled, photometrically modeled global image mosaic compiled using more than 400,000 images from multiple filter observations of the Ultraviolet/Visible (UVVIS) camera onboard the Clementine Spacecraft (Eliason et al., 1999).
www.mapaplanet.org...

here's the "false" color for mineral mapping
false color map

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
reply to post by undo

lol!
now that's snazzy!

john lear said it looked like a big womb.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The composite image is not truly "natural color,"

For one thing, the human eye cannot see ultraviolet. These photos are over-saturated, and do not accurately portray what the human eye would see. Not that it really matters, really, because I'm sure Arianna will see all sorts of things.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

The composite image is not truly "natural color,"

For one thing, the human eye cannot see ultraviolet. These photos are over-saturated, and do not accurately portray what the human eye would see. Not that it really matters, really, because I'm sure Arianna will see all sorts of things.

so just turn down the saturation a bit, and there you go.
besides, THIS FALSE COLOR MAP is the false color map from clementine

also the black and white clementine images, show the same exact features, only in black and white. so what part of that image would literally be invisible but is visible in the natural color version, because of uv? it's all still there in the black and white. so i'd be interested to know what features would disappear because they aren't viewable in visible light

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

For one thing, the human eye cannot see ultraviolet. These photos are over-saturated, and do not accurately portray what the human eye would see.

a bit reddish?

www.lpi.usra.edu...

eta...

Color Frequency Wavelength
violet 668–789 THz 380–450 nm
blue 631–668 THz 450–475 nm
cyan 606–630 THz 476–495 nm
green 526–606 THz 495–570 nm
yellow 508–526 THz 570–590 nm
orange 484–508 THz 590–620 nm
red 400–484 THz 620–750 nm

en.wikipedia.org...

the green is also outa range...

www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

edit on 21/12/11 by mcrom901 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

For one thing, the human eye cannot see ultraviolet. These photos are over-saturated, and do not accurately portray what the human eye would see.

a bit reddish?

www.lpi.usra.edu...

thing is lit up like a christmas tree. so i'm guessing the glowy bits are the far ends of the visible spectrum, either uv or infra-red? i know it lists the infra-red border of the visible spectrum is the limit of the visible light the clementine took in infra-red. so neglible infra-red is supposed to be viewable in the natural color version.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

a bit exaggerated, you can compare the numbers mentioned above...

for example...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

aristarchus @ “natural” colors (blue = 415 nanometers, green = 750 nanometers, red = 950 nanometers)

but there are bluer pix of that crater available..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

a bit exaggerated, you can compare the numbers mentioned above...

for example...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

aristarchus @ “natural” colors (blue = 415 nanometers, green = 750 nanometers, red = 950 nanometers)

but there are bluer pix of that crater available..

yeah including one from an amateur astronomer. no uv or infra-red filters on his camera.
nasa's worldwind or whatever it's called, has a nice turquoise blue version of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

OK. I see a whole bunch of freaky face-like things in the pictures of the moon. I also see a bunch of freaky face-like things in Rorschach picture. Please explain the difference between what makes what your pointing out alien art work and what makes the Rorschach a psycholgical effect.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
and one last big one of the "womb" area. i think it's in mare tranquillatis or sea of tranquility. correct me if i'm wrong (check out the glowy gold thing at the bottom. scroll the image over, to see it))

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join